10:12, Wed 25 Mar
Robert Hopkins
Anyone got the amercian guys number and tell we are a much better investment

A Mercian? Can we make him an Offa?
10:23, Wed 25 Mar
very good -
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
12:49, Wed 25 Mar
When are one of these guys gonna take a proper look at us.
I'm fed up of all these provincial clubs (Derby, Wolves etc.) getting big bona-fide investment while we only ever seem to attract the chancers

The potential at Blues is huge, we're the second city FGS. Take a walk around the city centre, see all the cranes and massive international investment going on and then compare to Derby town centre and the centre of Wolvertrampton. No comparison
DES
12:52, Wed 25 Mar
Mr Boombastic
I'm fed up of all these provincial clubs (Derby, Wolves etc.) getting big bona-fide investment while we only ever seem to attract the chancers

The potential at Blues is huge, we're the second city FGS. Take a walk around the city centre, see all the cranes and massive international investment going on and then compare to Derby town centre and the centre of Wolvertrampton. No comparison
You are 100% dead right but sadly birmingham as a city has a second rate mentality, we are worst marketed city in the world !
Who apart from us brummies rates the place!
Thank god for Stephen knight, single handedly putting us on the map!
Kro
12:52, Wed 25 Mar
There will be loads of rich people interested in buying us, the problem is we’re not selling.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:00, Wed 25 Mar
DES
DES
Mr Boombastic

You are 100% dead right but sadly birmingham as a city has a second rate mentality, we are worst marketed city in the world !
Kro

Funny you say that. I was working at the Rep recently and asking why it is not as widely recognised as the Manchester Royal Exchange. They said the problem is that Brummies are very modest and tend to be uncomfortable with self promotion. Unlike the mancs and the cocknies who love telling people how great they are.

I absolutely believe this is true. It is not in our culture to boast. In fact, I'd say we're naturally more inclined to down play our successes. This is a lovely quality but sometimes it is to our detriment.
13:01, Wed 25 Mar
My thoughts exactly. Even if he did want to buy the Blues, it wouldn't be an easy negotiation. Who exactly would he telephone to make an enquiry? Sure as hell wouldn't be The Dong, maybe not even the elusive Mr King (if he is the real owner).

Sadly the apathy / distance / disinterest demonstrated by the real owners (whoever they are) is ultimately what will kill Blues. Wish they'd just sell up and move on, surely by now they've realised that without major investment Blues cannot make an attractive return on their investment (and current FFP rules would prohibit any such actions anyway).

My gut feel is that he probably did look at Blues (as well as all the teams in the Championship) but we didn't make the short-list based on the above, just too bloody difficult to deal with.
13:39, Wed 25 Mar
Mr Boombastic

Chill your beans

People moaned when Charlton had their takeover, look how that's going.
13:40, Wed 25 Mar
montypenguin
My thoughts exactly. Even if he did want to buy the Blues, it wouldn't be an easy negotiation. Who exactly would he telephone to make an enquiry? Sure as hell wouldn't be The Dong, maybe not even the elusive Mr King (if he is the real owner).

Sadly the apathy / distance / disinterest demonstrated by the real owners (whoever they are) is ultimately what will kill Blues. Wish they'd just sell up and move on, surely by now they've realised that without major investment Blues cannot make an attractive return on their investment (and current FFP rules would prohibit any such actions anyway).

My gut feel is that he probably did look at Blues (as well as all the teams in the Championship) but we didn't make the short-list based on the above, just too bloody difficult to deal with.

Assume you mean Mr King here - who does go to quite a few games and has put a lot of (maybe not his own) money in.
14:49, Wed 25 Mar
Indeed. Perhaps unfair then to single him out, but you hit the nail on the head with "maybe not his own money".
14:52, Wed 25 Mar
bluer than blues
DES
Mr Boombastic

Kro

Funny you say that. I was working at the Rep recently and asking why it is not as widely recognised as the Manchester Royal Exchange. They said the problem is that Brummies are very modest and tend to be uncomfortable with self promotion. Unlike the mancs and the cocknies who love telling people how great they are.

I absolutely believe this is true. It is not in our culture to boast. In fact, I'd say we're naturally more inclined to down play our successes. This is a lovely quality but sometimes it is to our detriment.

Very true. Simon Le Bon and Ozzy Osbourne made exactly the same point a few years back at a Midlands Music Festival when asked "why does Brum lag behind Liverpool, Manchester and London in terms of number of famous bands / musicians".

Definitely a media bias against Brum though. Wonder how long Radio 6 Music can avoid Brum for their live music festival? Took how many series (10?) before they put any Brummies on Gogglebox.
20:55, Wed 25 Mar
montypenguin
Took how many series (10?) before they put any Brummies on Gogglebox.

And they're not even from Brum, there's a Gogglebox mum and her daughter who live 3 doors down from me in Lichfield.... But it says they're from Birmingham.