15:26, Fri 1 May
Just announced plans today for a 48 storey building at the old Irish Centre. Could this be the end of Digbeth as we know it? As usually when these get built the complaints then roll in about the noise from bars etc

Linked Image
15:32, Fri 1 May
Nextdoor by the looks of it, as its still there in the picture.
15:45, Fri 1 May
The whole area will undergo massive regeneration over the next few years, virus permitting.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:46, Fri 1 May
is there any late late night venues left around there now Custard and Rainbow have gone?
15:48, Fri 1 May
is there any late late night venues left around there now Custard and Rainbow have gone?

Few decent boozers and hipster joints, and a rock and metal bar/nightclub and the O2 Institute. The latter two are pretty much next to the Bullring though.
15:49, Fri 1 May
Greebo joe
Nextdoor by the looks of it, as its still there in the picture.

That building has been plonked in the middle of Chapel House Street.

Think, maybe, it should have been further up replacing Irish Centre?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
15:52, Fri 1 May
Think it is just a mistake as its gone in this pic
Linked Image

The Rainbow is due to be back open this year with a mini extension :)

Oh and by Wagon & Horses this is going up so their goes my parking spot!
Linked Image
Linked Image
16:18, Fri 1 May
Got ya 👍 irish centre submitted plans to stay but bcc wanted something taller in its place. Looks like they got there wish.
The viaduct is going to be our version of the New york highline park.
16:24, Fri 1 May
Super Hans
The whole area will undergo massive regeneration over the next few years, virus permitting.

Definitely this. Seems a bit of a mini-Shoreditch where the Custard Factory is at present and I’m sure they’ll make the high street and accessible areas more Camden like.

From personal student experience (I worked at the custard factory for 4 years during my student days) I can’t help but feel this would’ve really been ideal a decade ago but the area has managed to scrape by until now which will hopefully be good for the city economy if we can attract the right business
16:29, Fri 1 May
The custard factory and zellig retailers desperately need more foot traffic. It's got busier since the Custard got new owners but what they really need is the tram. The walk from town is probably five minutes too far and it's a bit moody too.
16:33, Fri 1 May
So what is it a block of flats or mixed usage?

As long as the Old Crown and Night Owl manage to survive and stay open I'll be happy.

Guess in the long run it can only be good for Digbeth and Brum?
DES
17:10, Fri 1 May
Digbeth is getting a reputation as being real hipsterville at least that is the message the developers are putting out although I could still name a dozen streets that would feature on a date rape site!

Kro
17:17, Fri 1 May
DES
What's happened to the hanging gardens of Digbeth and exposing the River Rea?
[www.constructionenquirer.com]

This one? Submitted for planning if so
God
17:42, Fri 1 May
DES
DES
Digbeth is getting a reputation as being real hipsterville at least that is the message the developers are putting out although I could still name a dozen streets that would feature on a date rape site!

Kro

What self respecting haulier wouldn't be able to.
Promoted again.