12:13, Sun 10 May
Greebo joe
If they were safe from relegation i still wouldn’t want the season voided.
And i will follow with a question of my own.
Would you be ok with Norwich being saved from relegation at the expense of Liverpool being denied the title. ?

I don't really care. Liverpool this, Norwich that is the least of my worries and indeed many people's worries. This pandemic is of novel/movie proportions in the sense of how it is changing our lives and killing us. Who cares two hoots about Liverpool and Norwich. As I have said just forget everything and come back this time next year with the view to starting the 2021/22 season.
12:16, Sun 10 May
It’s crazy how these positive results only occur for teams directly against the restart. Besides how are they getting tested as currently they are not essential.
12:17, Sun 10 May
I said this on another forum.

The virus isn’t going away and there will have to be a point where anybody who is ill is treated like any other sick or injured player. I’m not saying that point is now or even soon.

There is little point in even bothering to restart football yet, I’m not sure why the Germans seems so keen.

We’re not going to start next season in August anyway so voiding the season in the hopes of achieving that is pointless. Just play the remainder of this season when it’s mostly safe to do so, forcefully extending the contracts of players if necessary (I’m not sure on the legality of this, but I imagine most players would rather be getting paid than being out of contract.)
12:20, Sun 10 May
Tandy

The virus isn’t going away and there will have to be a point where anybody who is ill is treated like any other sick or injured player. I’m not saying that point is now or even soon.

There is little point in even bothering to restart football yet, I’m not sure why the Germans seems so keen.

We’re not going to start next season in August anyway so voiding the season in the hopes of achieving that is pointless. Just play the remainder of this season when it’s mostly safe to do so, forcefully extending the contracts of players if necessary (I’m not sure on the legality of this, but I imagine most players would rather be getting paid than being out of contract.)

100% this. But I do think that players will walk at the end of their contracts IF it is in theirs and their agents interest.
12:25, Sun 10 May
GBBlue
Tandy

100% this. But I do think that players will walk at the end of their contracts IF it is in theirs and their agents interest.

I wonder where they'd go to though and on what salary, presumably with clubs not knowing how football is going to evolve? There can't be many clubs who would be wishing to take players on if football doesn't resume for some time and under uncertain conditions.
The Belle of St. Trillions
12:29, Sun 10 May
The FA could just make a rule that says you can’t sign free agents till seasons end. Immediately stops players walking out in hopes of a better contract.

Clubs aren’t going to be signing and paying players an inflated wage when the restart date isn’t known or is months in the future. It’s not like they’re going to go abroad either.
12:33, Sun 10 May
It has to work both ways. I am sure a lot of smaller Clubs would be delighted to lose some Players at the moment. Every player off the wage bill would be a bonus.
12:37, Sun 10 May
Yep Blues being a prime example of this.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:43, Sun 10 May
Tandy
The FA could just make a rule that says you can’t sign free agents till seasons end. Immediately stops players walking out in hopes of a better contract.

Clubs aren’t going to be signing and paying players an inflated wage when the restart date isn’t known or is months in the future. It’s not like they’re going to go abroad either.

They could do, yes - but wouldn't that be challenged by players (well, agents) as 'restraint of trade'?
12:54, Sun 10 May
No idea, just throwing ideas out there.
12:54, Sun 10 May
It has to work both ways. I am sure a lot of smaller Clubs would be delighted to lose some Players at the moment. Every player off the wage bill would be a bonus.

And then when the season does restart they won’t have a squad capable of competing.
12:59, Sun 10 May
I am sure staying afloat financially is more important to many Clubs rather than having a strong squad.
12:59, Sun 10 May
I know how serious covid19 is, however the cynic in me thinks it’s convenient for Dresden, bottom of Bundesliga 2...
13:06, Sun 10 May
Tandy
No idea, just throwing ideas out there.

That's the thing - sound ideas will complicated by monetary and legal issues. Such is the state of football.