14:04, Sun 10 May
The season won’t be completed as clubs like Brighton, vile & West Ham will say someone has got Covid to make sure the games can’t be played. It’s embarrassing & cowardly, they are scared that they are not good enough to survive.
14:05, Sun 10 May
I’d assume the testing would be done independently like the drug testing is?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:05, Sun 10 May
HEWSTEVE
Yes I think you are right.

Once they cancel in England it could be years before it settles down again, as so many clubs will end up taking court action.
Sky will want there 750 million quid back,and I would expect most fans would lose faith in the credibility of the FA and Premier League model.

I for one would NEVER restart my Skysports subscription as I would not want to watch any top level football, due to the 'self preservation' of the so called elite.

Brighton saying it cant back the neutral venues is amazing...
.they spent years ground sharing at Gillingham, and without it would have gone bust, yet now they have a 30k stadium and millions of Sky money, have forgotten the support they received in the hour of need.

This is what is wrong with the Premiership model...greed.

Because of this I would rather Brighton get relegated than Witton Historians...although both are irrelevant to the Sky model, which centres around the top 10 only.
Great point about Brighton grounsharing.
Pity they weren't buggered off in 97

[www.independent.co.uk]
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Penalty Shootout!

Send the opposing goal keeper to the opposition training ground and vice versa. Local referee and linesman to referee penalties. Linesman to stand on the touch line to make decisions if the ball crosses the line. Shootouts to be taken at each location at the same time and videoed live so each team can see the live score. 10 penalties each. Score after each shootout will determine the points you receive. So if both teams scored 5 each they would get 1 point each with no plus or minus goal average. If the score was say 9-6 the winners would get 3 points with +3 goal average. The losers would receive no points and -3 goal average.

Then end the season and start properly when feasible.

What do you think?
14:16, Sun 10 May
MForssell9
The season won’t be completed as clubs like Brighton, vile & West Ham will say someone has got Covid to make sure the games can’t be played. It’s embarrassing & cowardly, they are scared that they are not good enough to survive.

I'm coming round to that way of thinking - that they'll do everything to try and get the season voided. If they do pull that one, it should be verified by a doctor appointed by the Premier League. That would learn 'em!
The Belle of St. Trillions
14:25, Sun 10 May
Yeah that should be standard for testing. All tests done by people independent of the Clubs
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Why merge the threads? It’s not like it’s busy here nowadays.
14:37, Sun 10 May
Super Hans
Ok fair enough but those clubs trying to avoid relegation will find any other excuses to not get the games played (unless relegation is scrapped) it’s very clear imo what they are trying to do & its pathetic.
14:53, Sun 10 May
MForssell9
Super Hans
Ok fair enough but those clubs trying to avoid relegation will find any other excuses to not get the games played (unless relegation is scrapped) it’s very clear imo what they are trying to do & its pathetic.

Notice how Brighton haven’t named the player. Probably an u-23 reserve.
14:58, Sun 10 May
It's someone they signed yesterday from a care home.
15:04, Sun 10 May
They never named the first two a few weeks ago either
15:06, Sun 10 May
As long as teams can field a side they should. Regardless of how many aren't regulars.
Look at Liverpool's team at vile.
Most businesses have staff ill or isolating
15:18, Sun 10 May
Turn each PL ground into a hotel of sorts, completely seal it off to the outside world, they have the space, the training facilities, the kitchens, etc to make it viable.

Deep clean a coach and park it right outside the door.

Have a separate section for visiting teams that would get deep cleaned after each visit.

Completely isolate the whole staff necessary for finishing the season for three weeks before resumption of matches. Anybody who is ill before going into isolation at the start is out for the rest of the season.

Players and staff go straight from their home stadium to the away match on a deep cleaned coach, play the match then straight back home.

Play three games a week until the season is done, if it’s a mid table dead rubber game, where neither team has a chance of getting into Europe or getting relegated, it doesn’t get played. All finishing prize money is the same for every club below the European places.

If this was implemented next week the season could be done by the start of July, the. Just open the transfer window and not put a start date on the next season until it’s totally safe to do so.
15:29, Sun 10 May
GBBlue
Tandy

But I do think that players will walk at the end of their contracts.[/quote
I hope they keep their 2 metre distancing when they do
15:37, Sun 10 May
Forget Villa from the equation for now, I just look at it this way

1) The season is 75% complete now

2) Countless millions have been paid to clubs, players, agents, bookmakers, subscription TV and many other bodies

3) To void the season and expunge all results from the record books as if they never happened would open a myriad of legal claims and would tie the game in knots for God knows how long.

4) Football will return one day, maybe sooner maybe later, and I advocate for it to only return when safe to do so, but the first thing that has to happen when it does is to finish what we have started, and then once the unfinished business is done decide on the format of the next season.