15:19, Wed 20 May
I agree with all of the above. If we are going to have a smaller squad then it will need to be supplemented at times by the U23's and the U18.

I would release all of the following:-

Lee Camp
Kerim Mrabti
Jacques Maghoma
Jonathan Grounds
Cheick Keita
David Stockdale
Corey O'Keeffe

And look to sell:-

Álvaro Giménez
Fran Villalba
David Davis

If we can clear out the above then there is a real opportunity to get some better quality in and reduce the wage bill.
15:30, Wed 20 May
BlueSteve
I agree with all of the above. If we are going to have a smaller squad then it will need to be supplemented at times by the U23's and the U18.

I would release all of the following:-

Lee Camp
Kerim Mrabti
Jacques Maghoma
Jonathan Grounds
Cheick Keita
David Stockdale
Corey O'Keeffe

And look to sell:-

Álvaro Giménez
Fran Villalba
David Davis

If we can clear out the above then there is a real opportunity to get some better quality in and reduce the wage bill.

Davis is out of contract end of the season I think. O’Keeffe has already been released
15:36, Wed 20 May
Yep, agreed.

There's nobody there on your list who I would keep, I do like Davis in many ways - but honestly don't think you need both him and Kieftenbeld.

If we are going to improve it won't be with any of those players at the club.

The other key this summer might well be if we trouser a load of money for Bellingham, and even then we should be looking to bring in only a handful of players. Because the other mistake we have kept making is in throwing a load of quantity at the squad rather than quality.

Despite what a lot of people think and say, I honestly reckon we have several players who are good players and worthy of being in a good team at Championship level. It's about adding quality on top of that.
15:36, Wed 20 May
I still think Fran has a role to play. He was fantastic early season IMO
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:39, Wed 20 May
He won't be back, he doesn't like it over here - or more importantly his mrs doesn't, either way he's gone.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:40, Wed 20 May
Spike
Yep, agreed.

There's nobody there on your list who I would keep, I do like Davis in many ways - but honestly don't think you need both him and Kieftenbeld.

If we are going to improve it won't be with any of those players at the club.

The other key this summer might well be if we trouser a load of money for Bellingham, and even then we should be looking to bring in only a handful of players. Because the other mistake we have kept making is in throwing a load of quantity at the squad rather than quality.

Despite what a lot of people think and say, I honestly reckon we have several players who are good players and worthy of being in a good team at Championship level. It's about adding quality on top of that.
Our fans massively talk down our quality in comparison with other Clubs in this league.
Your point about a solid squad backed up by a smattering of capable under 23’s , whose squad is backed up by some capable under 18’s is just basic philosophy. All produced within a wage cap that suits our budget ongoing.
Something that we seemingly find impossible
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:48, Wed 20 May
Spot on yeah, like I said - it's not rocket science it's basic - how to run a football club unless you have so much money it doesn't matter if you waste it...

Which makes it so strange that we keep effing it up.

We have some better players than many of our own fans give us credit for. A sensibly sized squad of decent players, the odd promising youngster - who actually gets an opportunity to play and develop rather than being written off as "dog shit" after 10 minutes or "not good enough" despite doing nothing actually wrong, and maybe a couple of loan signings, and you can put yourself right in contention for this division.

...and obviously a decent manager is required
15:55, Wed 20 May
Strange thing is, on here some have wanted that approach for years, as opppsed to a gamble or bust approach.
The key thing in this league though is the manager. Swap Leeds and Fulham’s managers for instance and Bielsa would have Fulham way clear
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
16:02, Wed 20 May
yep agree, Baggies last year and Fulham this both had/got best squads in the divison (imo).

Both held back as their manager wasn't quite up to scratch.
17:03, Wed 20 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Strange thing is, on here some have wanted that approach for years, as opppsed to a gamble or bust approach.
The key thing in this league though is the manager. Swap Leeds and Fulham’s managers for instance and Bielsa would have Fulham way clear

Agreed the manager is absolutely key. As you say Fulham this year should be running away with it but Parker is crap, same with WBA and Moore last season.

Swap Bielsa and Pep and we're at the very least top 10 IMO.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:21, Wed 20 May
Rubbish goalkeeper who thinks hes a centre forward cant get a game in scotland do me a favour .KRO
20:07, Wed 20 May
Miguel Fernandez has had his option taken up for another year.

Could be a decent option if he is as good as his record suggests.
DES
20:36, Wed 20 May
BlueJersey
Miguel Fernandez has had his option taken up for another year.

Could be a decent option if he is as good as his record suggests.
What is his record? I heard one mention of him about November, nothing since.
Our record on buying Spanish players is shocking!

Kro
21:21, Wed 20 May
Hi Dan,

O'Keefe has been released you are right. Looks like Davis is tied up until June 2021 though. See link below. I wonder if Charlton will be interested in the Summer. I don't see a future for him at Blues TBH.

[www.bcfc.com]
22:13, Wed 20 May
DES
I think it was something like 7/16, but I read he got injured in January so they probably want to take another look at him