20:12, Fri 22 May
Sorry Greebo, no can do. The previous thread when this came up, I was curious enough to go and rummage through my old man's programme collection. Unfortunately, I'm not the uk, any more.

You'll either have to take the word of mendip, blue, wombat and I, or fork out the 3 quid and post it up here, once and for all.
21:06, Fri 22 May
Blue are ya?
Greebo joe
Shrewsbury played in all white late 80s, you probably got the teams and the year mixed up 🤪

The game I'm referring to i.e where we played in all white Adidas kit was in March 1980

So that was the Jim Smith promotion season. Remember the game because there were far too many Blues fans crammed into a small stand behind the goal. In fact there were some who were sitting on the edge of the pitch and others who climbed on the roof. I spent most of the game looking upwards expecting the roof to collapse. Lost 1-0. No idea about the kit though....
21:36, Fri 22 May
Shrewsbury always felt over-crowded, whenever I went and the coppers acted like they'd never seen a crowd before.

Looking back through those programmes really got my old man going. He followed blues every where. Spurs FA Cup, is his best memory of that season.

Did you also go to Swansea, on the Friday night? Blues won 2-1 to go top of the league.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
21:41, Fri 22 May
Bcfc1967
Blue are ya?
Greebo joe
Shrewsbury played in all white late 80s, you probably got the teams and the year mixed up 🤪

The game I'm referring to i.e where we played in all white Adidas kit was in March 1980

So that was the Jim Smith promotion season. Remember the game because there were far too many Blues fans crammed into a small stand behind the goal. In fact there were some who were sitting on the edge of the pitch and others who climbed on the roof. I spent most of the game looking upwards expecting the roof to collapse. Lost 1-0. No idea about the kit though....

That was the game where we were all white
22:02, Fri 22 May
foghorn leghorn
Shrewsbury always felt over-crowded, whenever I went and the coppers acted like they'd never seen a crowd before.

Looking back through those programmes really got my old man going. He followed blues every where. Spurs FA Cup, is his best memory of that season.

Did you also go to Swansea, on the Friday night? Blues won 2-1 to go top of the league.

No, that was one of the few away games I didn’t make. Strange season where we won away against decent teams like Chelsea and West Ham but lost at Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers, Cambridge and Wrexham.
10:14, Sat 23 May
The old addage about beating the teams around you, proves true. If we'd got a draw at roker then they wouldn't have pipped us to 2nd place.

My dad went to the Vetch and he said it wasn't for the feint-hearted. He thumbed it down from Frankly and barely made it back out of Swansea, still in one piece.

I've been looking for some white kit footage and drawn a blank,so far. Though i did manage to find this gem

11:26, Sat 23 May
Regarding the Shrewsbury game we rocked up about 14:50 and there was loads of Blues fans outside with no tickets.

For some reason the Club/police decided to open the exit gate and let everyone in and then close the gate behind us.

I have never seen anything like it, it was a scene out of the somme with bodies stuck on the fence at the front.

The fans at the front then started pushing back which meant those of us at the back were being crushed against the closed door.

If we had not climbed onto the roof we would have been crushed to death.

We helped each other up and there was at least 100 of us up there.

The match then kicked off with Blues fans sat around the side of the pitch.

Eventually the police agreed if we came down we could stand on the side with the home fans.
They stuck to their word and we all came down about 20 mins into the game.

I remember all this but cannot remember what kit we played in !
11:36, Sat 23 May
Nor me, one person does though 🤨
15:23, Sat 23 May
Greebo joe
foghorn leghorn
The proof is in the Preston games programme. Blues news 15/3/80
Picture ?

I have the programme and sorry there are no photos from the Shrewsbury game. The reason being we had spanked Chelsea 5-1 the previous Tuesday and as such that dominates.

The Chelsea game was originally due to be played on 19/1/80 and as such the programme for that match is the one printed in January with a team sheet Inserted. So no photos there either.

Likewise no photos from Shrewsbury in any of the remaining home programmes for that season either
DES
15:53, Sat 23 May
sO THE ANSWER IS WHOEVER WANTS TO PROVE IT 100% TO GO ON sHREWSBURY FANS SITE AND SEE IF THEY HAVER A POROGRAMME COLLECTOR WHO HAS PICS OF THIS MATCH.
iF ITS PROVEN in GOING TO MSEE IF WE CAN GET bAT OUT OF THE vORTEX TO START POSTING AGAIN!

SCUSE CAPS, NEW LAPTOP!
15:54, Sat 23 May
DES
😂
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
16:18, Sat 23 May
DES
DES
sO THE ANSWER IS WHOEVER WANTS TO PROVE IT 100% TO GO ON sHREWSBURY FANS SITE AND SEE IF THEY HAVER A POROGRAMME COLLECTOR WHO HAS PICS OF THIS MATCH.
iF ITS PROVEN in GOING TO MSEE IF WE CAN GET bAT OUT OF THE vORTEX TO START POSTING AGAIN!

SCUSE CAPS, NEW LAPTOP!

Agreed....the answer probably lies in the Shrewsbury v QPR programme from 29/3/80. Was their next home game. Could not find an image online of the cover.
09:05, Sun 24 May
I have the programme and sorry there are no photos from the Shrewsbury game. The reason being we had spanked Chelsea 5-1 the previous Tuesday and as such that dominates.

The Chelsea game was originally due to be played on 19/1/80 and as such the programme for that match is the one printed in January with a team sheet Inserted. So no photos there either.

Likewise no photos from Shrewsbury in any of the remaining home programmes for that season either

The picture I had in my mitts, was in black and white.
It must have been a clipping from a newspaper report, that I saw. Did you keep any editions of the mail, or the Argus?

@DES drop Stuart Dunn a line. He will surely have the proof that you require.
[www.shropshirestar.com]
12:21, Sun 24 May
Still waiting for an answer to my topic question btw haha

Is there anyone at the club that would know stuff like this?
DES
12:52, Sun 24 May
Foghorn, I will do that, but it’s bank hil so might not find out till Tuesday, God I hope Bat proves to be right, he can come back on winged chariot bedecked with a laurel wreath on his head while he throws v signs at his detractors!

Kro