08:52, Thu 21 May
Ser Tait
Well the premier league clubs should foot the bill in my opinion. You've got villa and Watford desperate to cling onto the premier league millions. How about giving clubs the mere 100,000 they need to survive at the bottom of the pyramid.
In what other industries is that normal?
How much do you give to people in your industry who are skint?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:39, Thu 21 May
and is there jam still for tea?
10:28, Thu 21 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Football will return. But a lot are now embarrassed and even appalled by the money earnt in the game and the reckless spending of certain owners, and the behaviour of some people in the game. Many also realise the game isn’t as important as it likes to think.
The whole way the game works financially is ridiculous.
Life will hopefully change in many ways, football being one of them, is a wish for loads of us
Spot on 👍
10:29, Thu 21 May
I can’t see the money changing though. When things return to normal eventually it will be forgotten in time with fans clamouring for their club to spend big.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:57, Thu 21 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Ser Tait
Well the premier league clubs should foot the bill in my opinion. You've got villa and Watford desperate to cling onto the premier league millions. How about giving clubs the mere 100,000 they need to survive at the bottom of the pyramid.

It's not quite the same as other industries. Football needs a significant number of clubs at all levels for both competition and player development purposes.

In most other "normal" industries companies would be quite happy if they had a monopoly. Not much point being the only football club left in existence.
14:25, Thu 21 May
Ainscow79
Rab C Nesbitt
Ser Tait

It's not quite the same as other industries. Football needs a significant number of clubs at all levels for both competition and player development purposes.

In most other "normal" industries companies would be quite happy if they had a monopoly. Not much point being the only football club left in existence.
We're nowhere near only 1cteam being left though.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
mad
14:40, Thu 21 May
Football clubs do need to look after each other though and do need to take care of the pyramid to ensure a wide appeal for the game in this country and beyond.

Manchester United and all the other big-ish clubs do actually need other teams to play against so the idea they are allowed to hoard all (90% of) that wealth for the 20 clubs at the top (as they have been for 27 years) is ludicrous

Those clubs not as big as Man United do need players to play for them and without a fair distribution of football's wealth you end up with car crashes in the Championship like we've had and then a massive gap to League One (plus a few teams down the bottom of the Championship every season who might as well be League One).

If the Prem do not concede more income to the rest of the pyramid what will happen is that gap between Championship and League One will shrink but a much wider gap between the Prem and the Championship will occur which nobody wants
14:52, Thu 21 May
mad
Everyone still has to live within their means.
It’s not for other Clubs to bail out Clubs. Fact.
If so, you just encourage reckless spending. The idea of it is basically nuts
17:18, Thu 21 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Ser Tait

In what other industries is it normal to pay 10s of millions of pounds to acquire a member of staff and then pay them 10s of thousands a week.

Football isnt a normal industry.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
I miss the ritual and the craic with my kids. We had tickets for the semi final of the Halesowen FA Trophy game. They are the story of the non league season and it feels like fate has dealt them a cruel hand.
Struggling to enjoy the Bundesliga on telly. It just seems so flat without fans
Like a lot of our home games with fans. Less moaning though 👍
:-) although for some of our games in 86-88, we didn’t have many more in the ground than the Bundesliga games
21:21, Thu 21 May
Ruben leftarse cheek
:-) although for some of our games in 86-88, we didn’t have many more in the ground than the Bundesliga games

4026 v Swindon April 1988
22:56, Thu 21 May
HEWSTEVE
Ruben leftarse cheek

4026 v Swindon April 1988

1989. It was three days after the Hillsborough disaster. I was one of the 4,026.
22:58, Thu 21 May
First game I was alive for, think I was asleep.