11:13, Fri 22 May
Wimbledon football club have asked their fans to waive any refunds due to them.
Personally I would be ok with this as for me this season is kaput,
Nobody saw this 5hitestorm coming so the club can’t really be held responsible for not playing the season out.
Obviously lots of people have been put into a difficult financial position because of the situation and would welcome a refund. What do you think?
11:15, Fri 22 May
On one hand I’d agree with the waiving money. But do our owners deserve that?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:17, Fri 22 May
I've just read as well that Port Vale fans have been buying season tickets for next season even though they are aware they may not be able to attend games. It's a way of helping the club out.

I'd waive any potential refund for this season but I'm not sure I could be tempted to part with my cash for a season where I can't go any games.
Jim
11:17, Fri 22 May
I suspect Blues are waiting to see if the season will be concluded behind closed doors, in which case they will offer ST holders free access to watch the games on Blues TV.

With the likelihood of restrictions on attending at the start of next season, there would seem little benefit in offering renewing ST holders a discount on next season's ticket.
11:54, Fri 22 May
Jim
I am in a fortunate position where I could waive my refund and buy next years ST no problem.

However, I have a deep rooted mis-trust of our owners and will not be buying a new ST until I know the facts for next season.

I think most behind closed door games are free to air so getting Blues TV as part of any deal is very poor IMO.

I dont have any issue with anyone who wants a refund or not or anyone who would be happy to buy a ST for next season "To help the club" as that is personal choice because for many finance is now very different to the last time we exited St Andrews.

KRO
Turn left when you get on a plane.
11:58, Fri 22 May
I'm the same the money isn't the issue, its what is done with it once the owners have it if there is no guarantee of football being watched.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
12:04, Fri 22 May
That's exactly where I am with it.

There was a poster the other week who was adamant that anybody who was thinking about a refund basically wasn't a proper Blues fan, but I honestly don't think it's that simple. Too many people are in too many effed up situations.

I probably wouldn't bother claiming a refund for being shorted this season - but until there is clarity on what next season will look like I wouldn't buy a ticket for nest season because it's totally pointless.
12:10, Fri 22 May
If so many of you distrust or dislike the owners why are you buying season tickets 🤔
12:11, Fri 22 May
because we like to support OUR team of which the current owners are temporary custodians
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
12:16, Fri 22 May

I understand this entirely Rab but without their input of money (from wherever) I think our club would have collapsed by now or at least been in serious financial difficulties. I agreed entirely that the leadership has been abysmal but fortunately the money has been good.

PS how’s your health these days, hope you are keeping well.
12:16, Fri 22 May
Personally, because I have something to show for my season ticket. Which is to meet up with my mates and have a day out and watch the team play - as I have done since I was 4 years old. Well before these owners and I will still be here afterwards.

At the moment all the signs are that there will be no football to watch - at least not in the stadium, and no meeting up with my mates. Until that's clarified I will not be laying out money for nothing.

Next season may well look very different and I will adapt to that. I will expect football in general and my club's owners to adapt to it too.
12:23, Fri 22 May
Block27one

I understand this entirely Rab but without their input of money (from wherever) I think our club would have collapsed by now or at least been in serious financial difficulties. I agreed entirely that the leadership has been abysmal but fortunately the money has been good.

PS how’s your health these days, hope you are keeping well.
I’m feeling well thanks.
We may have been better off long term with the Club collapsing. Who knows?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:45, Fri 22 May
Me too, i just don’t give them the money upfront which gives me the option of withdrawing funds if i’m not happy with their actions. Had season tickets for many many years.
12:46, Fri 22 May
We 🤪
12:48, Fri 22 May
Refund or money off next seasons ST whenever that might be