17:50, Fri 22 May
Roj
My son played vs Mags son (who is now in U9 Arsenal academy)

People I know (who know him) says Mags doesn’t enjoy/like football and sees it at a job. Makes sense with the way he seems to do enough but never had that ‘real’ drive and desire

Both him and Grounds were good servants for bcfc.
17:53, Fri 22 May
Right decision but both served the club well

👍
17:58, Fri 22 May
My worry is what type of player we end up with in place of him. Mags could actually lift us at times. We need someone who can do similar but with football having had the guts ripped out of it I cannot see us suddenly spending money on new players.

My guess is we'll be playing the kids for the foreseeable, if/when we eventually do kick a ball again this year.
18:02, Fri 22 May
On the other hand - good players may be cheaper? who knows?
19:55, Fri 22 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Wurzel was a nasty knob , indeed.
Grounds would have been close to player of the season that year. We were shit though under that clown.

Still pisses me off that Cotterill decided to play it round the back whilst 3-1 up against NINE (YES 9) men!!! All because he "didn't want to disrespect Sheffield"

We could've scored a bucket load that game but completely bottled it.

Mags and Grounds both great servants for the club:

Mags - 5 Years, 180 Games, 21 Goals
Grounds - 6 Years, 170 Games, 5 Goals
www.youtube.com/bluenosegeo
20:14, Fri 22 May
I think we should have let them both go two years ago.
20:22, Fri 22 May
BluenoseGeo
Rab C Nesbitt
Wurzel was a nasty knob , indeed.
Grounds would have been close to player of the season that year. We were shit though under that clown.

Still pisses me off that Cotterill decided to play it round the back whilst 3-1 up against NINE (YES 9) men!!! All because he "didn't want to disrespect Sheffield"

We could've scored a bucket load that game but completely bottled it.

Mags and Grounds both great servants for the club:

Mags - 5 Years, 180 Games, 21 Goals
Grounds - 6 Years, 170 Games, 5 Goals

The interview where he said “oh he waited to the 80th minute to make a sub I wonder why he did that then” makes me physically cringe. I can’t stand that bloke.

Edit: in all fairness working under Dong would make any man crack though.
22:08, Fri 22 May
Grounds used to get absolutely slated by a lot of people posting here. I didn’t saying him play as many did here but thar always bewildered me when I did see him. He could never be an attacking full back but he wasn’t the worst at that, and his passing was fairly decent. Not a bad footballer, but you’d have thought he had the old cliche of his laces tied together according to some on here.

Criticised for his positioning, which was actually pretty decent, and he was good in the air and covering his centre backs. Far worse than him have played for Blues, he did ok for us.
23:34, Fri 22 May
Good luck to both and thank you.

Great signings for us in the wider context of the reality of our club.

We are not Barcelona we are BCFC.

KRO
09:26, Sat 23 May
Never had a problem with Grounds other than his limitations were a representation of the club’s... not his fault and always tried but glad for now we can (hopefully) move forward.

Feel Mags was a proper player for us and was sad to see him get some stick as his powers began to wane - short memories n all that. Rowett used him well.

Top bloke too. I contacted him on Insta about the beard shampoo side project I run that gives % of profits to fight male suicide and he couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful.

Wish both well. KRO.
09:52, Sat 23 May
Obafemi
Good luck to both and thank you.

Great signings for us in the wider context of the reality of our club.

We are not Barcelona we are BCFC.

KRO

Correct.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
10:09, Sat 23 May
Right time for both to leave. Neither as bad as lots made out, and not good enough for us now

This.

A few more to go methinks
@Bluewurst1875