11:29, Sun 28 Jun
“A time comes when silence is betrayal” - Martin Luther King
15:18, Sun 28 Jun
Perhaps if he moved his wallet, got back on the pitch and actually played a few games of the sport he's supposed to be a top professional in, he might find it again
18:09, Sun 28 Jun
Pep ruined him to be fair. He will have to drop down to the Championship and prove himself again, can see him ended up in the mls.
19:35, Sun 28 Jun
He went downhill way before Pep was on the scene. In fact, I'm not sure his career went uphill for very long, except in the eyes of the media. He was being questioned by mere mortals on here way before England got shot of him.
19:36, Sun 28 Jun
OFAH
Pep ruined him to be fair.

the only person who ruined joe hart was joe hart. there is so much more to his downfall than simply being bombed out by guardiola.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
19:46, Sun 28 Jun
Agreed when pep turned up at City I thought he was going to be the first one through the door to many cock ups before pep landed
20:12, Sun 28 Jun
OFAH
Pep ruined him to be fair.

the only person who ruined joe hart was joe hart. there is so much more to his downfall than simply being bombed out by guardiola.

Sad but true
12:42, Mon 29 Jun
on his day top class, but his day is now less frequent than before. Better at a team who has lots to do and a very vocal CB, concentration seems to be his issue, and 1 side seems to have become weaker for him to save than the other.

Was quality for us, no doubt about it. Had some standout games for man city (usually when they were under the cosh and he was kept busy).

Mistakes were there before Pep, and to be fair thats not why he was shipped out. He was shipped out for a lack of ability at the feet for Peps liking, and then his replacement has been benched for a drop in form too.

Hart could still do it, at 33 he still has a good 3 or 4 years in him, he needs to decide if he's up for it though. England Vs Iceland in Euros, the Iceland players all spoke about how he was in the tunnel at HT saying "we need to do better than then when we play in the next round" etc. Focus on the game at hand, somewhere along the line he's lost that.
12:47, Mon 29 Jun
Driving on M42 this morning heading in the direction of Wast Hills was an audi with number plate - J99 HRT - I was nah can't be, and so overtook it and nah it wasn't.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
12:50, Mon 29 Jun
Yeah I remember before that Iceland game he was really pumping himself up in the tunnel, looked a bit weird at the time and I think he just got too carried away / forgot to concentrate on his game.

I still think he'd be a good goalkeeper in a confident team, maybe like a team challenging for the top of the Championship next season.
12:52, Mon 29 Jun
Yep, bought into his own hype and took his eye off the ball (literally). Too busy working on Head & Shoulders ads than working on the training ground.

His performance against Iceland in the Euros stands out as a crap performance.

That said worth a shout, but he'd have to show his commitment by taking a drastic pay cut. Depends where his priorities lie, his playing career or his bank balance.

Is it just me or do others think Jack Butland's career has been very similar?
12:54, Mon 29 Jun
montypenguin
Is it just me or do others think Jack Butland's career has been very similar?
I'd say Jack Butland's career has been far more under-whelming than Hart's, at least Hart was actually very good once
12:57, Mon 29 Jun
Butland had so much promise, was outstanding for his age, and commanded his box very well for us.

I will never understand why he didn't go to Chelsea though, yes he would likely have been a bench warmer but the move to stoke was just wrong for him, maybe the offer never actually happened but still.

Like Hart something seems to have happened last 2 years (well, Stokes relegation year really) and he hasnt properly recovered form wise.

If they go down again he will never recover
13:51, Mon 29 Jun
Injuries did for Butland. I dont think hecwas that great for us, or commanding. He didvimprove at Stoke though and had a very good 18 months or so before getting injured for England
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
God
14:08, Mon 29 Jun
So much is made of him doing the head and shoulders advert. I really don't think that will have really taken up much of his time and made any difference. I think people mistake an advert being shown a lot as the player doing loads of adverts. Players have been doing adverts for years.
Promoted again.