08:05, Mon 29 Jun
Blues limped to their sixth draw in eight league games at St Andrews on Saturday against Hull City. A woeful first half saw Blues 2-0 down in quick order, and even though Gary Gardner and Dan Crowley managed to pull Blues level within 15 minutes of the restart it took a late Gardner header for Blues

[almajir.net]
08:21, Mon 29 Jun
Interesting quote about Speakman’s bonus for youth players making debuts, Dan. Do you know that for definite? Whilst I like to see youth players coming through, it does raise some questions. Especially given the way Monk left and that Speakman has Dong’s ear.
08:26, Mon 29 Jun
Personally I hope they can get another 4-5 points on the board in the next couple of games to pretty much guarantee safety and then get a new manager in. This will give the new manager at least a couple of games to assess the squad, as it's looking like it will be a very short turnaround to next season, rather than a 3 month break.
08:51, Mon 29 Jun
HG20
Interesting quote about Speakman’s bonus for youth players making debuts, Dan. Do you know that for definite? Whilst I like to see youth players coming through, it does raise some questions. Especially given the way Monk left and that Speakman has Dong’s ear.

I imagine all academy directors or whatever speakmans role is would be bonused for bringing players through, what else would incentivise them to do a good job otherwise ?
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
08:59, Mon 29 Jun
Robert Hopkins
HG20

I imagine all academy directors or whatever speakmans role is would be bonused for bringing players through, what else would incentivise them to do a good job otherwise ?

This is about right. The ones that aren't on a bonus would be the anomalies you'd imagine.
09:10, Mon 29 Jun
Robert Hopkins
HG20

It puts a question mark over his motives though. Not saying that’s how he is motivated, but he has a personal interest in young players making debuts and he has a close relationship with Dong. Could he be using that relationship for his personal benefit? Not many academy directors are also directors of football so they don’t have the leverage Speakman has. Pep has commented that he is being asked to focus more on youth, but he doesn’t feel they’re ready.
09:32, Mon 29 Jun
Exactly right. Like I said over on FB, the decision to bring Gordon on ahead of Harding on Saturday was a strange one.
@stevanderman
09:52, Mon 29 Jun
People love to catastrophise. There is no evidence that Pep picks players to boost Speakmans pay packet.

As for Speakman needing extra money in order to motivate himself to try his hardest, I don't buy it. He may or may not be on a bonus, but I'm sure that it is professional pride, self respect, love of the game and the well being of the lads that motivates him.
09:55, Mon 29 Jun
Pretty much this. If Speakman was after the money we'd have brought on more than 2 subs each game.

Gordon only came on because JCS was poleaxed in to the woodwork too (ridiculous that wasn't given as a foul.)
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:56, Mon 29 Jun
I take a very simple view, giving young players an opportunity benefits the club anyway, so I don't really see what the problem is.
09:58, Mon 29 Jun
Super Hans
JCS was poleaxed in to the woodwork too (ridiculous that wasn't given as a foul.)

That was ludicrous, especially as that particular Hull player was bitching all game every time a Blues player went near a Hull bloke...and then he body slams Clarke-Salter into the post.
10:07, Mon 29 Jun
I didn't really notice Gordon after he came on...did he have to do anything? Did he do it well?
10:08, Mon 29 Jun
He's already got a comp vid on Youtube haha.

10:41, Mon 29 Jun
To be fair, Harding is a shocking centre half. I think that might have something to do with it.
10:58, Mon 29 Jun
Fat Buddha
I didn't really notice Gordon after he came on...did he have to do anything? Did he do it well?

I can only remember him having one touch.

He received a square pass, controlled it, passed it out to Pedersen.

I'm not clever enough to judge anything by that, no doubt some of our cleverer supporters will have written him off as "dogshit" already though.