09:49, Thu 30 Jul
Garry Poole?
09:51, Thu 30 Jul
Miguelagenn
Scott Hiley?

Exeter, I think.

I reckon he means Gary Poole, who was ace, and much harder than Martin Grainger.
Langan, but Carr was iconic of course.

(Waits for Margaret to ask “what about Jeff Hall?”)
09:52, Thu 30 Jul
One Riley
Garry Poole?

Yep thats him, i liked him.
09:53, Thu 30 Jul
Langan, but Carr was iconic of course.

(Waits for Margaret to ask “what about Jeff Hall?”)

And Cammie Fraser??
09:53, Thu 30 Jul
That was a Terry Cooper signing I think.

Gary Poole was from Southend
Nightporter1
We have had some good full backs over the years, I used to like the one Fry bought from Southend I think,
he wasn't in the same league as some of our better fullbacks but I thought he was underrated, that underrated I cant
remember his name!

Gary Poole. An all time steal of the century deal getting him and Jonathan Hunt for Dave Regis and someone else - Spike will tell me who the other player is.

I remember Poole putting Grainger on his arse in the game against Brentford in 95 that ultimately got us promoted. Grainger has a reputation for being a tough man but Poole split him in two and Grainger hid for the rest of that night.
Langan.

I met him a few years ago when he was selling his book in The George. It's a shame cos life hasn't been easy for him since finishing football. Virtually crippled after playing on through knee injuries with injections to mask the pain. I think a lot of players unfortunately did this.
09:57, Thu 30 Jul
Miguelagenn
He took a lot of stick when he came back when playing for Oxford but it's pretty much accepted that he was pushed out the door.

He was shown the door, but it's a tough one. Because ultimately Saunders was right - and the state Langan is in nowadays is a testament to how right Saunders was.

He didn't let him go because he didn't rate him, he let him go because he thought he was physically effed. And if you read Langan's book he's got a lot of bitterness toward Saunders but then pretty much admits he was right.

He was one hell of a good player though, like actual proper good. I can remember watching his debut against Cov I think, that first game of the season and not being able to believe we'd signed a player THAT good.
10:01, Thu 30 Jul
Nightporter1
We have had some good full backs over the years, I used to like the one Fry bought from Southend I think,
he wasn't in the same league as some of our better fullbacks but I thought he was underrated, that underrated I cant
remember his name!

Gary Poole, came with Jonathan Hunt.

Carr and Langan both very good but my vote would be for Langan. Great full back pairing with Mark Dennis.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nightporter1
remember his name!

Gary Poole. An all time steal of the century deal getting him and Jonathan Hunt for Dave Regis and someone else - Spike will tell me who the other player is.

I remember Poole putting Grainger on his arse in the game against Brentford in 95 that ultimately got us promoted. Grainger has a reputation for being a tough man but Poole split him in two and Grainger hid for the rest of that night.

I remember that, its funny how we remember small things like that after so many years. I thought at the time, he was a player you wanted on your side.
What happened to him?
10:03, Thu 30 Jul
Yeah, I think it was a straight swap - Dave Regis for Poole and Hunt. As I always say, people have been sent to prison for lesser robberies than that...

And that night when Poole folded Grainger up was awesome.
10:06, Thu 30 Jul
Langhan easily. Langhans runs could be real crowd rousers. He was inspirational at times. Great player.
10:07, Thu 30 Jul
Dave
Dave Langan by a mile, he would be in my best Blues eleven,great player

This
10:17, Thu 30 Jul
BennyTheDip
Langan.

I met him a few years ago when he was selling his book in The George. It's a shame cos life hasn't been easy for him since finishing football. Virtually crippled after playing on through knee injuries with injections to mask the pain. I think a lot of players unfortunately did this.

I remember speaking to him about that book. Genuinely nice guy, really liked him.