Older fans?
Shouldn't it be more who was the better between Ray Martin and Jimmy Calderwood, or on the other side, Garry Pendrey, Stevie Bryant, Mark Dennis or Julian Dicks, now that's for "the older" fans.
10:25, Thu 30 Jul
Well, Dennis and Langan played in the same team at the same time, and Dicks was later.

The Martin / Pendrey / Calderwood / Bryant question is interesting. Martin got a lot of stick but he played a lot of games and won player of the season twice didn't he? Pendrey was...well, he was a good lad and still is...

I liked Calderwood, he got the blame for that 4-3 game against Fulham - never played again after that.

As far as left-backs go, Dennis was THE best.
DES
10:29, Thu 30 Jul
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
And I mean no offence by that...

If you had to choose, who would you say was a better full back out of Stephen Carr and David Langan?

I never saw the latter but someone I really respect thinks he's Blues most underrated ever player. True?

Stephen Carr by an absolute mile, he was a machine, to think he had retired when Alex persuaded him to come back, ferocious competitor and Inspirational leader!
yes David Langan was good, I was chastised for describing him as neat and tidy on a previous post, but no, not comparable to Carr, our best right-back since the legendary Jeff Hall (who sadly I never saw).

KRO

Special bench for Jeff Kenna another tremendous Irish number 2!

KRO
10:32, Thu 30 Jul
If we had Langan and Dennis playing now we would score 10000 goals a season
10:36, Thu 30 Jul
Love Carr, but has to be Langan. We will never,ever have a better full back pairing than him and Dennis.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:36, Thu 30 Jul
Yea Spike, firstly it was a little tongue in cheek to Holdsworths post, re the "older fans".
Like he compared Langan and Carr, who was later.
I gave the likes of Martin and Pendrey from the 70's, as I said, sort of saying that Langan wasn't as far back as them.
I threw Dennis n Dicks for comparison purposes.
As I said, a bit of a joke, tongue in cheek, you know.
10:37, Thu 30 Jul
Fair play to you, went over my head.
10:38, Thu 30 Jul
Wes Harding....
10:39, Thu 30 Jul
Gary Poole?
10:40, Thu 30 Jul
Langan for me too, best in my 54 years watching
10:40, Thu 30 Jul
DES
You are the biggest troll on here now Rowett has departed.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
number8
Love Carr, but has to be Langan. We will never,ever have a better full back pairing than him and Dennis.

Agree Langan

Langan played like a wingback before Wingbacks had been invented.

Up and down the line, would have been described as an 'overlapping fullback' in those days
and could cross a ball
Bordesley not Small Heath
number8

Agree Langan

Langan played like a wingback before Wingbacks had been invented.

Up and down the line, would have been described as an 'overlapping fullback' in those days
and could cross a ball

I remember one particular match, he charged down the wing towards the railway end at about 100mph, somehow managed to get a cross in without breaking his stride, it swung away from the keeper and Mick Hartford was there at the far post with a thumping header into the roof of the net, glorious.. we are making it sound like we were good once.
Have text my dad and he says "I've spent hours thinking about who'd be right back in my best ever team, I just can't split them".
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
11:03, Thu 30 Jul
Carr is the second best right back I’ve seen down blues, but Langan was the best. Dennis on the left, Colin Todd, frankie Worthington...I could go on coz that was my favourite ever blues team to watch. Class all over the gaff.