Van Den Hauwe
Dennis

Gemmill
Dillon
Curbishley

Francis
Worthington
Harford

Alan Curbishley declines to play in that team. He’s grateful for your interest but he’s waiting for the right opportunity.
18:03, Thu 30 Jul
Remember Saunders asking our three highest earners to take a pay cut: Broadhurst who said yes. Dennis who said no, or probably eff off. And Langan, who also said no. Maybe being asked got Langan's back up too.
Well if this is one for the older fans the answer is simple.

Both Langan and Carr were quality RB's but Jeff Hall was the best I saw.
18:42, Thu 30 Jul
Another vote for langan
18:45, Thu 30 Jul
Both Carr and Langan especially were decent defenders who got forward With pace and no little skill, what type of player was Hall.
18:45, Thu 30 Jul
We did of course only see the end of Carr's career. I bet a few answers would be different if we’d had him at his peak. Always thought he would have been great for Man U
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:56, Thu 30 Jul
Of course in those days full backs were primarily defenders and in that respect he was superb.

But he was also one of the first to carry the ball out of defence and constructively set up attacking moves.

He and Roger Byrne were a great pairing for England.
18:57, Thu 30 Jul
God
God

And I do understand, and I'm being a bit tongue in cheek.

I know you are, you little scamp...
19:09, Thu 30 Jul
When we signed David Langan, it was at the time a record transfer fee.

Most of us older fans saw him at his best, he was brilliant going forward.

Carr as always being a player i’ve admired throughout his career. It’s a tough one for sure but for me Langan gets it.
Dave Langan remains my favourite right back, with Mark Dennis on the left we also had Colin Todd and Joe Gallagher so the early 80's was good for defence. Kevin Dillon and Alan Curbishley were a fantastic midfield pairing too.
19:16, Thu 30 Jul
God
God
Blake has definitely been spoken of as a world beater on here.

And I do understand, and I'm being a bit tongue in cheek.

He wasn't by any stretch of the imagination. But I wish he'd been playing in the middle of defence for us this season.
19:18, Thu 30 Jul
Dirty Bertie
Well if this is one for the older fans the answer is simple.

Both Langan and Carr were quality RB's but Jeff Hall was the best I saw.

Me as well, I was getting confused when on a thread refering to "older" members is filled with names such as Rowett & Grainger....fine players its true, but Hall was head and shoulders above them...Ray Martin was pretty good as well and he had to deal with having Pendry on the other side of the defence
19:24, Thu 30 Jul
Roger the lodger
Carr is the second best right back I’ve seen down blues, but Langan was the best. Dennis on the left, Colin Todd, frankie Worthington...I could go on coz that was my favourite ever blues team to watch. Class all over the gaff.

This. 👍
Langan for me too. Not old enough to have seen Jeff Hall but by all accounts he would have been our best.
19:42, Thu 30 Jul
Dirty Bertie
Of course in those days full backs were primarily defenders and in that respect he was superb.

But he was also one of the first to carry the ball out of defence and constructively set up attacking moves.

He and Roger Byrne were a great pairing for England.
Fair play, ahead of his time by the sounds of it.