07:42, Sat 1 Aug
Best appointment since Jim Smith
Bluestaines
Spike
On here, HBomb / Bela's About for a start, simply won't accept it. Didn't happen.

There are some others too to be fair.

It may well have happened but I just done see why it was a big deal. Standard practice in many businesses and I imagine that it happens a lot in football too. No reason to sack him.

Must admit I hadn’t heard the lack of ambition point raised by Mayor before. Still implies not trusting managers with transfers even if that is a concern.

In fairness, it is the owners' money. If they do not feel it will be well spent by a particular manager, they are within their remits to get rid of the manager. The problem for us is that those who followed have spent a lot of money on rubbish.

Our transfers do seem to have gotten better under Speakman. It's the lack of addressing correct areas that was the problem last season. But even the players that didn't work out have/will be sold for profit and that is good business. Hopefully Karanka can address the problem areas and we will be all good.
07:58, Sat 1 Aug
LH_4
Bossanova
The most boring manager ever. Even if we get promoted, we will fall out of love with football.

Yes because we all love averaging 3 goals against us every game.

It's not like we're moving from Johan Cruyff to Aitor Karanka. The football is already garbage.
This is spot on. I’m fed up of being the team that ends every other teams 20 match winless run. The team against whom the oppo’s striker scores his first (2) goal(s) for 6 months.
I’d hate that even if the football was good, but it’s been pathetic in every sense. This appointment gives us a chance of starting to get back towards becoming a proper football club again, as opposed to the joke we’ve been
08:02, Sat 1 Aug
Bossanova
The most boring manager ever. Even if we get promoted, we will fall out of love with football.

You're 50-50 then?
09:07, Sat 1 Aug
Worcester Blue
Hope he gets rid of Craigy and brings his own back room team in to refresh things

Would that be awkward for little Gary Gards though?

Wonder if Juke is nervous too if Aitor moved him on at Boro?

Oh to be a fly on the wall

I reckon Juke at 32 is probably expecting to be moved on, or expects this might be his last season as a regular. I can't see him starting most games.

I hope we keep him, he deserves it, he's proper Blues.

Dean and Roberts will be shitting it though.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
10:30, Sat 1 Aug
SteveCherry
To add.. He's a Basque, that could explain it.

I need for language like than Mr Dog ;)
This bit down here is hardly worth reading.
12:21, Sat 1 Aug
Best news we've had in ages. Not my first choice, but irrelevant now, he's a proper manager which is what we desperately needed so will back him to the hilt.

What will make or break this now is Dong, having landed his first choice can he keep his ego in check and let Karanka do his job?
20:57, Sat 1 Aug
Hate to put a dampener on this but been checking out Karanka's previous assistants.
He had Juan Jose Vila 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ working closely with him previously.
His cv is quite impressive.

Vila to do well at Blues ??????
Fekk !!
... how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
21:06, Sat 1 Aug
montypenguin
Best news we've had in ages. Not my first choice, but irrelevant now, he's a proper manager which is what we desperately needed so will back him to the hilt.

What will make or break this now is Dong, having landed his first choice can he keep his ego in check and let Karanka do his job?

As Karanka appears to be Dongs choice you'd hope that he will let him do his job without interference.
21:19, Sat 1 Aug
Yea, dream on.
Ren won't be able to help himself, just a matter of time.
I think Karanka will have the measure of him though.
It'll depend what muck Ren can engineer on him.
Who knows, it could be a match made in "Blue" heaven, can always live in hope.