Spike
On here, HBomb / Bela's About for a start, simply won't accept it. Didn't happen.

There are some others too to be fair.

That’s just being silly. You blatantly know that’s not what I think. I’ve said countless times.

eff off Rags.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
23:01, Fri 31 Jul
I didn't. You've definitely refuted those claims
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:04, Fri 31 Jul
I’m not spending my Friday night going over this again.

I completely accept that he spoke to other clubs.

He’s good at his job, he was doing superbly, he was sounded out and spoken to by other clubs. That’s what happens when you’re good. Nobody has wanted to speak to our other managers because, Monk aside, they were shit.

I’d rather have a good manager other clubs wanted, thanks.

I got a nice pay rise a couple of years ago because another company wanted me but my employer wanted me to stay. It’s what grown ups do in the world of work. It’s normal.

We should have paid him what he was worth, which was a lot to us considering the job he’d done.

I can live with them sacking him if he offended them, silly and over sensitive but I can live with it. The ridiculous appointment afterwards was the even bigger problem.

I wonder if Rags will get the snipey little PM from the Mods about a personal insult? Doubtful.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

23:06, Fri 31 Jul
He didn't use it once though. He kept doing it.
Agree with your last but one point
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:15, Fri 31 Jul
Which is fair enough, so - after you had your nice pay rise, did you continue to talk to other companies and then go back within 6 months and ask for another pay rise?

I doubt it, because (although you have your moments) you are not a fanny and are a decent bloke.

That is not what people do in the grown up world. He then went to Derby and did the same - although that doesn't bother me much in fairness.

And anyway, I doubt you can compete with Rags in terms of having your collar felt...he's had his collar felt more times than Liberace's tailor...

Edit, and yeah - sacking Rowett was one thing - appointing Zola was another, I have always agreed with you on that.
23:17, Fri 31 Jul
No and again, I don’t deny he pushed it too far. If we’re talking about grown ups, a grown up would sit him down and say enough is enough. Either shit or get off the pot.

I haven’t said he’s innocent, I doubt the number of interviews that get spouted on here, not necessarily yourself but at the time there was utter desperation to one up the normal fans who didn’t know the ins and outs. There’s an element of Blues fans who essentially dislike anything popular in order to be edgy, Rowett was prime for that.

Reasons behind it or not, it’s a mistake we still haven’t recovered from.

Hopefully now is the time, I seriously hope so. Let’s keep this guy happy ffs. We’ve finally got a proper manager again. It feels like a long time since Monk.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

23:18, Fri 31 Jul
Just come back from this afternoon and so chuffed to see this news.

Few glasses of wine to celebrate.
23:18, Fri 31 Jul
I cracked open the Estrella

Si Senor
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

23:25, Fri 31 Jul
I’m not spending my Friday night going over this again.

I completely accept that he spoke to other clubs.

He’s good at his job, he was doing superbly, he was sounded out and spoken to by other clubs. That’s what happens when you’re good. Nobody has wanted to speak to our other managers because, Monk aside, they were shit.

I’d rather have a good manager other clubs wanted, thanks.

I got a nice pay rise a couple of years ago because another company wanted me but my employer wanted me to stay. It’s what grown ups do in the world of work. It’s normal.

We should have paid him what he was worth, which was a lot to us considering the job he’d done.

I can live with them sacking him if he offended them, silly and over sensitive but I can live with it. The ridiculous appointment afterwards was the even bigger problem.

I wonder if Rags will get the snipey little PM from the Mods about a personal insult? Doubtful.

Believe me ... I easily hold the record for longest time banned on here in terms of hours ... so just because some people like me Thongs
and Spike get paid to post and provoke discussion doesn't mean the same rules don't apply.

anyways... if you didn't say what I was responding to then the insult doesn't apply does it !
23:32, Fri 31 Jul
A very good point
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

23:35, Fri 31 Jul

I can assure you Scoobers never sleeps. Despite what Rags says he’s the only one on a retainer here.
23:50, Fri 31 Jul
SteveCherry
Just as equally, the only managers they appointed they felt they could trust were crap and the good ones were bad uns when it came to the fan meeting the proverbial. They were turned over and done up like kippers when they trusted "The British Footballing Establishment" so it works both ways. Hopefully, in Karanka, they have found someone who will not take any crap at the same time as not looking for jobs elsewhere or trying to cash in our home grown talent.

I suppose that depends on what you believed happened with regard to those good managers. I reckon it was all about control, not the other stuff. Interesting that Karanka dug his heels in over control and we nearly lost him for it. Other clubs have managed okay with those sort of managers.
SteveCherry
And you'd be completely wrong and I suggest you try stepping into the 21 century were very very few coaches now have any real say over recruitment. "Oh we should be like Brentford"...Yeah, right, where the manager is literally given a squad and told to work with them and has virtually no input on that side of the club.

Rowett refused to give assurances to the owners that, if he was given serious money he wouldn't just leave. Monk was a very naughty boy and had to go to protect the club's assets, its players.

So why has Karanka spent the last few days telling the club he won’t come if he doesn’t have control over transfers?
23:59, Fri 31 Jul
Rags
El Mayor
Spike
Bluestaines
No control over transfers is why Rowett, Harry and Monk all ultimately left it seems to me. .

I agree with some of what you say, quite a lot of it actually, but you are completely wrong about why Rowett, Redknapp and Monk left.

Especially Rowett, they offered him a massive transfer pot and were unimpressed by his ambition
And his repeated requests for a rise amid interest from others?

.... and actually going to interviews for jobs at other clubs

But that’s standard in most businesses if you are looking for more money. And Rowett I imagine was on low wage compared to other championship managers.

Can’t speak for the ambition point Mayor raises though.
00:05, Sat 1 Aug
Spike
On here, HBomb / Bela's About for a start, simply won't accept it. Didn't happen.

There are some others too to be fair.

It may well have happened but I just done see why it was a big deal. Standard practice in many businesses and I imagine that it happens a lot in football too. No reason to sack him.

Must admit I hadn’t heard the lack of ambition point raised by Mayor before. Still implies not trusting managers with transfers even if that is a concern.