09:46, Sat 1 Aug
I think Dean can be a good player for us.

The awkward part is the conversation where he is stripped of the captaincy. I dont think his ego could take that.
09:46, Sat 1 Aug
My Blue Heaven
Dean proved with Morrison he’s alright

He needs a leader around him

We definitely need a new centre half and If there was a sniff we should push for Ayala

Agreed, though I think he's not good enough to push us on. Especially with this style of play.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
09:47, Sat 1 Aug
In fairness

People are on here have zero say at what happens in professional football for good reason
09:51, Sat 1 Aug
I'd bin Dean and Roberts.Roberts is crap without Salter as back up.
If I was a manager I'd bring my own captain in unless the existing one was an idol of the fans Dean never will be.
09:56, Sat 1 Aug
Im pretty sure our three times
Champions League winning centre back manager, who left Boro in the Prem with fifth best defence in the league, will be on this one pretty quick. Happy to leave this one to him ;-)
09:58, Sat 1 Aug
richieblue
I'd bin Dean and Roberts.Roberts is crap without Salter as back up.
If I was a manager I'd bring my own captain in unless the existing one was an idol of the fans Dean never will be.
The problem with this is we already have a threadbare squad, and need, what 7/8 players+. That would be another 2 we would need, when, in my opinion, both have shown in the past, that they are good enough when the manager is.
10:00, Sat 1 Aug
All successful defences operate as a team within a team. Individual talents will always stand out but really effective CBs need reliable partners. Upson was so improved when Kenny Cunningham was alongside for example.

Our whole squad need a forensic assessment - the new manager knows a thing or two about defending (and other aspects of the game) so I'm sure he's busy on his homework. I think we need to out the post-lockdown games out of our minds - we were a lame duck side led by a lame duck management. We now have a chance to look forward.

Onwards and upwards. KRO.
10:49, Sat 1 Aug
drpeter
All successful defences operate as a team within a team. Individual talents will always stand out but really effective CBs need reliable partners. Upson was so improved when Kenny Cunningham was alongside for example.

Our whole squad need a forensic assessment - the new manager knows a thing or two about defending (and other aspects of the game) so I'm sure he's busy on his homework. I think we need to out the post-lockdown games out of our minds - we were a lame duck side led by a lame duck management. We now have a chance to look forward.

Onwards and upwards. KRO.

I agree with the Doctor’s prognosis. For me, CBs play as a pair, and you often get synergistic improvement when the pairing is right. I think Morrison brought the best out of Dean. Letting Morro go was a double (-ve) whammy - Dean’s form went off, and we lost a good captain.

I think the new head coach will make or brake Dean and Roberts. I hope it’s the former but I suspect the latter. I’m not sure they can be good enough for a side trying to challenge for the play-offs, and that’s what Karanka will expect.

But I hope I’m wrong.
11:20, Sat 1 Aug
Dean would get in majority of the other teams in championship
11:36, Sat 1 Aug
Bela's About
AK will get the team organised as a start and I'm sure some will still be moved on, but most if not all will improve.

There aren’t many players to be moved on, 12 senior outfield players is only half a squad. I’d imagine he will work with what he has first before we start to see players leaving
11:46, Sat 1 Aug
He likes to play one up top who, in his terms, has to be the most skilful in the team. That ain’t Juke.
“A time comes when silence is betrayal” - Martin Luther King
DES
11:47, Sat 1 Aug
Clean slate for everyone imho, selling MM to Reading was a blow on reflection, so much more consistent ( notice I didn’t say much better) than Roberts and Dean.

Kro
11:54, Sat 1 Aug
He likes to build from the keeper out and the two central defenders will have to meet his very strict criteria. Don’t think that he will like the cut of Dean’s jib.
“A time comes when silence is betrayal” - Martin Luther King
12:40, Sat 1 Aug
I just can’t stand Dean, hope he gets moved on. Terrible captain.
12:43, Sat 1 Aug
Be interested to see what he makes of Bajrami, Redmond and Gordon.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...