17:11, Sat 1 Aug
I have a vague recollection of my dad taking me to Home Park, home of Plymouth Argyle, to see Blues play during a summer in the early 1970’s. We were on holiday somewhere nearby and think it must have been a pre season friendly. The only thing I recall clearly is standing behind the goal and loads of Blues fans running into that area from a stand on the touchline. Just curious if anyone else on here went and can confirm when it was and if it was pre season? Cheers.
17:17, Sat 1 Aug
Summer 76 perhaps?

We drew 1-1 in an Anglo-Scottish Cup match I think. Wasn't there myself personally...
17:25, Sat 1 Aug
Maybe, thought it was a bit earlier tbh. It was definitely played in the daytime as well, were Anglo Scottish Cup night games?
18:11, Sat 1 Aug
We played Carlisle in August 71 not Argyle around that time. About the same length of journey though?
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
18:42, Sat 1 Aug
No, they were afternoon games. The one’s i went to anyway.😉
18:43, Sat 1 Aug
Nah, was definitely Plymouth, sure about that. Parents never went to Carlisle for hols! I thought it was a pre season game but could have been that Anglo Scottish Cup game in 1976 as just looked and that was played during summer.
18:57, Sat 1 Aug
According to records it was August 77.
19:07, Sat 1 Aug
Off topic. Remember watching Plymouth at home in the winter of discontent. League cup tie Tuesday afternoon. My dad took me out of school to go to the dentist 😉we lost 2–0
DES
19:14, Sat 1 Aug
mr-bubble
Off topic. Remember watching Plymouth at home in the winter of discontent. League cup tie Tuesday afternoon. My dad took me out of school to go to the dentist 😉we lost 2–0
Yes first team I ever saw in green at stans! Speaker was in goal if I recall!
Kro
19:17, Sat 1 Aug
DES
Wagged school as we played them in the afternoon due to blackouts. Really thought we were going all the way that year.typical Blues 🙄
DES
20:14, Sat 1 Aug
I don’t think Plymouth got past the next round did they?
The year we lost to Watford, they played Plymouth in the semi!

Kro
22:38, Sat 1 Aug
mr-bubble

Yep, went to that, they gave free tickets to schools for the game, Paddock seats, proper posh...and we lost🙄
01:16, Sun 2 Aug
Plymouth friendlies listed here. 9 August 1975.... Is that the one?

[www.greensonscreen.co.uk]
06:17, Sun 2 Aug
DES
DES
I don’t think Plymouth got past the next round did they?
The year we lost to Watford, they played Plymouth in the semi!

Kro

At the 4 sheds if I remember.

That Watford game was a low point.
07:33, Sun 2 Aug
Yes, that must be the one. No wonder I couldn’t remember any goals, a 0-0 draw! Thanks for the reference 👍