23:07, Mon 14 Sep
Bluesince62
Roberts is ok, he really is.

He really isn't if we want to aim high.
I like him cos he's a tryer but he's about as mobile as a juggernaut,he'll have to do for an emergency,two more years of him being on an obscene wage, he's going nowhere anyway
23:19, Mon 14 Sep
I think if he comes in on a permanent then Roberts goes.

We'll sign JCS on loan again. There's two left sided and two right sided centre halves done then
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
23:26, Mon 14 Sep
Judge him under a competent manager, clean slate and all that.

Dean being picked ahead of Roberts doesn't make Roberts crap. Dean is a good defender.

The defence will be greater than the sum of its parts this year.
23:34, Mon 14 Sep

Dean being picked ahead of Roberts doesn't make Roberts crap. Dean is a good defender.

Dean is too impetuous, too often to be a good defender. Two occasions in the first half on Saturday he could have cost us a penalty and/or a red card. He needs to exercise more caution and self control. Maybe AK can coach that into him.
23:41, Mon 14 Sep
Bela's About

We'll sign JCS on loan again. There's two left sided and two right sided centre halves done then

No disrespect but who's going to pay Roberts the sort of money he's earning here?
He'll be going nowhere imo
23:50, Mon 14 Sep
First (league) game of the season, against his old club, eager to impress the new coach. He'll calm down with time alongside Friend.

Karanka has also had just over a month coaching these players. They will improve with time, both Dean and Roberts.
23:52, Mon 14 Sep
One Riley

Dean is too impetuous, too often to be a good defender. Two occasions in the first half on Saturday he could have cost us a penalty and/or a red card. He needs to exercise more caution and self control. Maybe AK can coach that into him.

Neither incident would’ve been a penalty but he was lucky that his ridiculous scissor tackle didn’t connect.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:23, Tue 15 Sep
roger hynd
Bela's About

No disrespect but who's going to pay Roberts the sort of money he's earning here?

I think we will do a deal where we subsidise his contract, that's pretty commonplace.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:00, Tue 15 Sep
roger hynd
Bela's About

Exactly. He’s loving Redknapp’s £40k a week 10 year contract.
No future.....
09:05, Tue 15 Sep
Well, opinions innit. Roberts certainly isn't worth the money he's on, but that's not his fault.
I saw enough of him to think he's good back up for Dean and Friend and if Dean doesn't calm it a bit, he'll be in quite quickly too.
Jim
10:35, Tue 15 Sep
The big problem in trying to re-shape our central defensive options is the size of the contracts given to Roberts and Dean.

When Roberts arrived in 2017 he was given a 5 year contract, so he's still under contract till summer of 2022.

Dean was given a new, improved 4 year contract in the summer of 2019, so he has until summer of 2023!

Basically, they each have a contract that expires at the time of their 32nd birthday.
11:31, Tue 15 Sep
What kind of money would he be on? Could his wages be a problem in a permanent deal?
11:37, Tue 15 Sep
Wouldn't have thought so, has never been close to being a regular at Spurs so would imagine he's not on a huge amount, certainly within budget I'd have thought
11:38, Tue 15 Sep
Is he coming? Have we put a bid in? Or is he just on our wish list as Fans?
15:58, Tue 15 Sep
Sounds like wishlist and twitter rumours. Would love him though I’ve got to say