Jackson can be the teepee signing
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
14:00, Tue 15 Sep
Underwhelming.

Seen him play a number of times for Tamworth and Ipswich. Isn't good enough for this level.

2.5m in last year of a contract during Covid is pretty poor business too.

Hopefully proven wrong!
14:00, Tue 15 Sep
Super Hans
If this is true then Hogan is the more ‘marquee’ of the signings.

Neither are marquee, just solid mid level championship recruitment.
14:06, Tue 15 Sep
Rags
Birmingham City are in talks with Ipswich Town over a £2.5million deal for Kayden Jackson. #bcfc #itfc #afcb

Pete O'Rourke is usually pretty reliable.

[twitter.com]

Not for me thanks .... this is the bloke who won the competition at Swindon wasn't it ? ... the "win a professional contract" one ? .. and was then rubbish and ended up at Tamworth

Bit harsh. He has then worked his way back up to League One, once given a chance to prove himself.

Whether he's good enough to compete for a (hopefully) ambitious Championship side I'm not so sure, but writing him off because he's spent time in the lower leagues seems unfair, given late blooming from Michail Antonio, Jamie Vardy etc etc.
14:07, Tue 15 Sep
Rags
Birmingham City are in talks with Ipswich Town over a £2.5million deal for Kayden Jackson. #bcfc #itfc #afcb

Pete O'Rourke is usually pretty reliable.

[twitter.com]

Not for me thanks .... this is the bloke who won the competition at Swindon wasn't it ? ... the "win a professional contract" one ? .. and was then rubbish and ended up at Tamworth

I’m pretty close to a couple of Ipswich fans that know their stuff. One an ex pro player. They speak very highly of him.
14:09, Tue 15 Sep
I know an Ipswich lad who says he's not a good footballer at all, just bags of pace.

I do wonder with this, whether Bournemouth have forced our hand a bit. We were linked with Jackson and vaguely with CCV, it went quiet. Then I saw Bournemouth linked with both of them, now our interest has come back around.

I read up on Jackson when we were first linked and it seemed quite unanimous that he needs to play in a strike duo rather than on his own. Ipswich fans also appeared to be in agreement that he has no first touch and a lack of footballing ability.

Reading this afternoon, they seem to be pinching themselves that they're being offered anywhere near £2.5mil even if it isn't quite that.

Feel unsure about this one. I saw Adams play for Sheffield United at a lower level and he was brilliant. Was strong, quick, could finish and could create goals on his own.

From what I've seen and read, if we're talking about lower league comparisons that we've signed in recent years, I'd probably draw more similarities with Isaac Vassell than I would with Che Adams.
14:12, Tue 15 Sep
Plus he's 26 and coming into his 'prime'. This isnt Adams who was clearly class at 19/20 and was only going to go one way.

We will be getting Jackson at his very best, whether that is good enough will remain to be seen.
14:13, Tue 15 Sep
Yeah I think you're probably right with the Vassell comparison. Jackson doesn't look particuarly technically proficient, looks unnatural, like someone who came into the game late.

He's the right type of player in terms of having pace and power and being good at pressing, ok as a squad option but but doesn't seem to possess enough star quality to be our main striker at this level.
14:21, Tue 15 Sep
He can play off the right of a Three up front it seems also, so maybe they see him as someone who can play behind a main striker (Hogan/Juke)?
14:23, Tue 15 Sep
I know a number of Ipswich fans who are all astonished that he is being touted to play in the championship let alone for a couple of million. He has pace but nothing else.

I think we will be bitterly disappointed and maybe it is karma for making a profit of Giminez!
14:23, Tue 15 Sep
FattyBumBum
Plus he's 26 and coming into his 'prime'. This isnt Adams who was clearly class at 19/20 and was only going to go one way.

We will be getting Jackson at his very best, whether that is good enough will remain to be seen.
Adams wasn’t clearly class. Rowett regularly had him on the bench or wide left and plenty wanted him sold for a few hundred grand on here before his goal scoring season
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
14:24, Tue 15 Sep
Yep, i’m sure Monk said he nearly let him go for free that summer, then a bollocking before the Leeds game turned him round
14:25, Tue 15 Sep
LH_4
I read up on Jackson when we were first linked and it seemed quite unanimous that he needs to play in a strike duo rather than on his own.

From what I've seen and read, if we're talking about lower league comparisons that we've signed in recent years, I'd probably draw more similarities with Isaac Vassell than I would with Che Adams.

Might not be a bad option to have to come off the bench if we need a goal. Go 442 and play him off Juke. Fast and able to stretch the oppo defence when we need an out ball. We definetly need some pace up top as a plan B etc.
14:28, Tue 15 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
FattyBumBum

Adams wasn’t clearly class. Rowett regularly had him on the bench or wide left and plenty wanted him sold for a few hundred grand on here before his goal scoring season

Says alot about Rowett more than anything else.

The kid had it, and is why he is where he is now. A wonderful player.
14:30, Tue 15 Sep
Rowett, Zola, Wurzel. tbf. Only Monk got him consistently playing well.
Harsh to blame just Rowett