LH_4
If they've just looked through the list of League 1 highest scorers/assists and thought "Who is quick, can play upfront and on the wing and could potentially be the new Che Adams" then I think he might be a bit of a risk at that price.

No way would scouts at this level be doing this. Look at che adams, unheard of and had no record before he came here. Jackson has never played at a championship level with championship players around him. With how good our wingers and creativity looked last week, a pacey striker would feed off that, I can guarantee he’s never had that before.
15:46, Tue 15 Sep
He's done a full season in the Championship with Ipswich.
God
15:48, Tue 15 Sep
Adams was fairly highly regarded before he came to Blues. Sheffield United had paid quite a bit for him.
Promoted again.
15:49, Tue 15 Sep
God
Yup
15:50, Tue 15 Sep
They also got relegated so clearly aren’t to the standard of the championship. I think wingers and CAMs we’ve got now are top half of the championship level easy. He’ll be getting a lot more chances from them.
15:54, Tue 15 Sep
Tiltonblue
I think wingers and CAMs we’ve got now are top half of the championship level easy. He’ll be getting a lot more chances from them.

This is definitely something to bear in mind. I don't fancy us paying 2.5m, but trust in the process.

The other recruitment has been stellar. They know more than us.
16:00, Tue 15 Sep
The guaranteed portion of the fee won't be close to £2.5m.
We'll pay something like £1m - £1.5m and the rest will be dependant on goals and if we get promoted.

The way these deals are structured it's so that if the full amount is ever triggered it's because the player has proved to be worth it and/or the team is successful.

We would include a certain amount of goals that we would ascribe a value of £2.5m to, and we would only end up paying that much should he actually hit that target. It's a way of paying for potential only if the player fulfils it.
KH
16:01, Tue 15 Sep
Fact is we need to build up a decent squad with options to change it up, weve already got a few in for short change so I don't mind the fee at all.
16:07, Tue 15 Sep
FattyBumBum
newblue
He hasn’t got ‘everything’.

I would say he has. He is very good isnt he?. Are people now suggesting he isn't?

Dribbling skills, heading ability. If he had ‘everything’ he’d be talked of as a potential international. He’s some distance from that.
16:14, Tue 15 Sep
Baloo
The guaranteed portion of the fee won't be close to £2.5m.
We'll pay something like £1m - £1.5m and the rest will be dependant on goals and if we get promoted.

The way these deals are structured it's so that if the full amount is ever triggered it's because the player has proved to be worth it and/or the team is successful.

We would include a certain amount of goals that we would ascribe a value of £2.5m to, and we would only end up paying that much should he actually hit that target. It's a way of paying for potential only if the player fulfils it.

Yes, I figured that would be the case. I suppose it doesn't really matter what we pay if his goals contribute to a promotion.
16:27, Tue 15 Sep
"Stellar"? I'd calm down there a bit...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
16:29, Tue 15 Sep
Saw that Bournemouth or someone had had a 7 figure bid knocked back last week so looked him up. I was expecting to find he was early 20s , overlooked by bigger sides and a "prospect". Was a little surprised to see his actual record, does make you wonder though, as to what has caused a few clubs to take a genuine interest in him.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
16:34, Tue 15 Sep
This threat has filled me with confidence. It's always the players this forum says are shite who end up being the better signings. Good news.
16:42, Tue 15 Sep
I reckon we wanted the lad from Barnsley (Jacob Brown) and this lad was further down the list
16:59, Tue 15 Sep
Bournemouth saw summat in Jackson, can't be a complete lost cause then surely Shirley
Beware! I bear more grudges than lonely high court judges