17:06, Wed 16 Sep
Shame for the Fans, Players, Staff.
17:39, Wed 16 Sep
Yes he only just took over like 2 weeks ago right shocking
18:13, Wed 16 Sep
Never saw us play Macclesfield but went there when we played Chester away c1992. Great day out.... some excellent away days during that era.
18:49, Wed 16 Sep
ShoNuffIDo
Never saw us play Macclesfield but went there when we played Chester away c1992. Great day out.... some excellent away days during that era.

Last time I was there was when we played them in the League Cup - I think we won 3-0 that night. That's a real shame for them, and it will be interesting to see how many clubs survive the Covid era.
The Belle of St. Trillions
18:51, Wed 16 Sep
1874, been around even longer than us.
19:01, Wed 16 Sep
Up until recently, Macclesfield was the least genetically diverse large town in the UK.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
19:01, Wed 16 Sep
Bahnsteig_8
I guess focus will now move onto Southend United.

They've got a short term reprieve, but it does seem like the taxman is going after debtors.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
19:13, Wed 16 Sep
It’s revenge for the football creditor rule. HMRC are a bit ticked off that clubs go bust paying gigantic wages to players while holding back the tax returns - and then oh football creditors 100p in the pound as a condition of keeping their league place while paying the taxman buttons.

So now they reach for the liquidation hammer. Bury. Macclesfield. Nearly Bolton. Soon Northampton and Oldham and Southend. They’ve even used it as debt collection - clubs like Fleetwood paying taxes when presented with a winding up petition. Oh, and Blues.
19:35, Wed 16 Sep
I'm not an expert clearly, but I've never understood how the football creditors thing was legal.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
19:52, Wed 16 Sep
Covid will do that to these smaller clubs. Itll come for clubs like Blues next.
19:58, Wed 16 Sep
Wound up 😱

Apparently the main money owed ... £180,000 ,,, is to Sol Campbell - which the club dispute
20:15, Wed 16 Sep
Rasputin
I'm not an expert clearly, but I've never understood how the football creditors thing was legal.
HMRC tried to challenge it and lost.

If a club is going into liquidation, then it's game over, all the liquidator does is sell everything for whatever cash he can get, with no club left to look after. In those cases, the first creditors paid out of the assets are those with charges, then everyone else ranks equally. There's no football creditor rule then. Because there's no football club left.

If a club is going into administration, then that's a legal procedure to buy some time, and work out whether the club can continue. The most valuable asset a club has is its league place. Even if you are a League 2 club, then that's a dozen promotions away for anyone starting a fresh club. But the League can expel the club if it does not comply with its rules. One of which is "you pay football creditors in full, or it's goodnight Vienna".

The administrators do not want that because the one reason why someone would buy bankrupt stock is because of the league place. So someone somehow has to pay all football creditors. Usually it's the new owner. And they have no legal obligation to pay anyone any of the debts of the club; administration basically works out a way to let the club continue and wipe its debts out in return for a smaller payment.

But the administrator's no. 1 task is to keep the club going, to get the best value, and the only way to do that is to make sure the League does not expel the club. Hence making sure football creditors are kept sweet.

And there is a logic to it. If Club X doesn't pay Club Y the £500k transfer fees it owes, Club Y might go bust too...