23:30, Wed 16 Sep
The hurting -tears for fears
Fletwood mac rumours
Ub40 labour of love
Human league dare
U2 unforgettable fire
23:32, Wed 16 Sep
Foxtrot Oscar
Eight legged groove machine takes me back to nights out in Selly Oak. Gun barrels, Brook and the varsity.

I don't find myself returning to it though, nor do I the smiths. Not sure why. Maybe I'm trying to unlock certain memories more so than others.

Varsity was one of my big hangouts for some years, 90 - 95 ish.

Going back to those albums depresses me. It makes me realise time is ticking away and you can't stop it. I find that really hard to deal with and accept.
00:37, Thu 17 Sep
Linton Kwesi Johnson - Dread Beat An' Blood
reissued worldwide in 1981 changed my life
07:22, Thu 17 Sep
BCFC
Linton Kwesi Johnson - Dread Beat An' Blood
reissued worldwide in 1981 changed my life

LKJ and Dennis Bovell are masters of their craft.
07:40, Thu 17 Sep
Karhanka Marvin
Foxtrot Oscar
Eight legged groove machine takes me back to nights out in Selly Oak. Gun barrels, Brook and the varsity.

I don't find myself returning to it though, nor do I the smiths. Not sure why. Maybe I'm trying to unlock certain memories more so than others.

Varsity was one of my big hangouts for some years, 90 - 95 ish.

Going back to those albums depresses me. It makes me realise time is ticking away and you can't stop it. I find that really hard to deal with and accept.

A mate of mine used to run the Varsity during that period.

It was a great place to hang out around that time.
07:53, Thu 17 Sep
early league,travelogue,and heaven 17.
08:25, Thu 17 Sep
Echo and the Bunnymen
Crocodiles

The Wonderstuff
Eight legged groove machine

Housemartins
London 0 Hull 4

The Alarm
Electric Folklore live

Prefab Sprout
Steve Mcqueen

Close thread
08:50, Thu 17 Sep
Having reflected on my original list 5 is just not enough. For me these were fantastic albums too:

Talk Talk - It's My Life

Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Rattlesnakes

The Christians - The Christians

INXS - Kick

Robert Cray - Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Soft Cell - Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret

Tears for Fears - Songe From The Big Chair

De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising

Terence Trent D'Arby - Introducing The Hardline According to....

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

David Bowie - Scary Monsters
09:02, Thu 17 Sep
Some good choices there but I'd go with Mainstream rather than Rattlesnakes.
09:26, Thu 17 Sep
This is a tough one but today it's:

True Colours - Split Enz

Colour of Spring - Talk Talk

Sulk - The Associates

Slippery When Wet - BJ

Appetite for Destruction G'nR
11:01, Thu 17 Sep
b34blues
The hurting -tears for fears
Fletwood mac rumours
Ub40 labour of love
Human league dare
U2 unforgettable fire

Rumours is a great shout.....
.... for the next thread on this musical theme .... best albums of the 70s. Stevie Nicks was sublime.
11:02, Thu 17 Sep
TQ Blue
johnnyspex
When the musical history books are written, The The – Matt Johnson’s arthouse indie group – will largely be remembered for the album that introduced them to the masses, 1986 opus Infected. However, it’s that album’s predecessor, the band’s 1983 debut Soul Mining, that stands up to repeated listening.

I liked the three albums that followed Infected - Mind Bomb, Dusk and Hanky Panky. My question to you The The fans is - have you seen the video for (the album) Infected? I have it on VHS. It's kind of amateurish but I think that gives it its charm - I guess it was a relatively low budget affair. Plus it has the typical haunted-looking drawings and paper/card/mache creations which I think were made by Matt? It's great. I saw them live once at The NEC when Marr was on board.

And for the record, yeh I prefer Infected to Mind Bomb and still enjoy listening to it. Heartland never gets old, sadly, because 'this is the land where nothing changes...'

I have once, a long way back. Isn't that the one where Neneh Cherry's tied up on the train track awaiting the incoming steam loco on "Slow Train to dawn" - only for it to be revealed as a toy train set later in the video.

Listen, I loved all of the Talk Talk albums up until that awful "naked self" album. Infected tips it for me because not only does it sound great the lyrics are exceptional, I don't think I've ever heard better.

I bought Naked Self, listened to it once and have never since. Huge disappointment.
11:05, Thu 17 Sep
roger hynd
Echo and the Bunnymen
Crocodiles

Love how the first track fades up. So perfect.
11:16, Thu 17 Sep
New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies

OMD - Architecture & Morality

Ian McCulloch - Candleland

Erasure - The innocents

Madness - Absolutely
Turn left when you get on a plane.