12:52, Wed 16 Sep
Went to Kingsbury Water Park last week and it fit the bill perfectly - loads of wide accessible paths and plenty of space.

Any other localish tips? Apparently there's a disused railway track near Stratford that's also good.

Kids can cycle without assistance but I'm a chair/handbike user so ideally needs to be pretty flat. Happy to travel but pref within city limits.

Tar folks
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
12:54, Wed 16 Sep
Arrow Valley, Redditch?

Pretty sure it's fairly accessible all the way round, it's been a while.
12:56, Wed 16 Sep
Good shout. I can only think of one bit that has a slight slope but, otherwise, the path is flat and fairly wide and its a decent trek round as well.
12:57, Wed 16 Sep
Yeah thanks mate - it works well but can get busy quite quickly, esp at the moment
13:05, Wed 16 Sep
Sheldon Country Park is paved all the way from Marston Green, I can only think of one slope. The kids may get a thrill out of watching the (few) planes take off or land and at Sheldon end there's a small farm for kiddies. There's also small stream running part of the way.

Not sure how old your kids are?
13:06, Wed 16 Sep
Cattell Prod
Went to Kingsbury Water Park last week and it fit the bill perfectly - loads of wide accessible paths and plenty of space.

Any other localish tips? Apparently there's a disused railway track near Stratford that's also good.

Kids can cycle without assistance but I'm a chair/handbike user so ideally needs to be pretty flat. Happy to travel but pref within city limits.

Tar folks

The old railway track is the Greenway, the one side of the river goes to the racecourse, on the other goes off into the Cotswolds. If you park in the town head for Trinity Church and you'll pick it up, its a great bike ride.

A really good walk is the Clopton and Welcombe Hills up to the Obelisk - if you park at the top of Maidenhead Road you can have a great 3-5 mile walk with deer and birds of prey behaving as if you werent there, the cows are people friendly so they wonder up for a stroke.
13:12, Wed 16 Sep
Miguelagenn
Sheldon Country Park is paved all the way from Marston Green, I can only think of one slope. The kids may get a thrill out of watching the (few) planes take off or land and at Sheldon end there's a small farm for kiddies. There's also small stream running part of the way.

Not sure how old your kids are?

7 & 5 so still nippers really
13:33, Wed 16 Sep
Edgbaston reservoir via Harborne Walkway (old disused railway track)perhaps? The path around the reservoir has all been resurfaced recently and Harborne Walkway was resurfaced a few years ago. We take the kids to the reservoir at least once a month on their bikes and there are benches there for a picnic. At the end of the Walkway is Summerfield Park where the kids can play as well
14:15, Wed 16 Sep
There’s another disused rail track from Berkswell out to Kenilworth
Access at the Berkswell end has been affected by HS2 but if you can get on it , you’ll exit almost into the big park in Kenilworth which is great for the kids too .
I think it’s also called Greenway .
Good luck !
Every woman every man
Loves Karankaman, we're Blues
Stand up... stand up.... stand up
Everybody make a noise
We're the Brummie boys
Stand up, stand up .....
14:44, Wed 16 Sep
Sutton park fits the bill if you plan which part you work in.

Cannon hill pretty flat?

Beacon park Lichfield is flat but not as extensive
@Bluewurst1875
15:08, Wed 16 Sep
Bluewurst

Cannon hill pretty flat?

Ta. Would you recommend a specific place to park at Sutton Park?
15:15, Wed 16 Sep
Bluewurst

Cannon hill pretty flat?

Ta. Would you recommend a specific place to park at Sutton Park?

Depends on the level of hill you’re comfortable with and what the needs of ththe littleuns are

Usually Town gate would be the flattest and more kid friendly and accessible

Wyndley gate has a cattlegrid

Boldmere would work but you will need to park at the top of the hill, and would have one Hill to deal with but nice tarmac paths.

Town and Boldmere would have access to the cows wandering about

Oh, the kids might fancy the donkey sanctuary too at Town gate

Avoid Four oaks gate. It’s called cardiac hill for a reason.
@Bluewurst1875
God
15:15, Wed 16 Sep
There's not a lot to see in Beacon Park, Sutton Park definitely though.
Promoted again.
15:18, Wed 16 Sep
God
I was thinking more of the flat areas for bikes, scooters etc

Also has a brill playground for kids (if open).

And Town on the edge.

Oakes into insignificance next to others though, admittedly 👍
@Bluewurst1875
15:56, Wed 16 Sep
A45 Coventry road. Start at St Andrews & it’s a straight run all the way to Asda.