16:23, Wed 23 Sep
BluSabre
That's a more balanced take. Point I was making is they were not all bad and were actually very good for us in many respects.

In the end they took the money and ran.

It's not just the fact that they took the money and ran its who they sold the club to. Let's just hope that our situation regarding ownership doesn't get any worse.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
17:01, Wed 23 Sep
when I heard they were selling the lad that was on loan at albion it sounded very much like they were taking money out the club and making moves to sell it, having to sell before we buy etc

since then there's been takeover news in the press

now he's going down the sympathy route on national radio

wont be long before the ' I feel hounded out' and we were forced out rubbish
17:04, Wed 23 Sep
And to think they said we were lying when we told them all of this would happen 😂
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
17:38, Wed 23 Sep
Not sure if true but he’s turned down 400 million for whu
18:01, Wed 23 Sep
That's a crazy offer, given that all they own is a lease and some depreciating assets.
18:02, Wed 23 Sep
Yep, the politics will be in overdrive now as they try to generate an excuse to sell to any old charlatan, there will be some kind of attack on his house which a Sun Journalist will remarkably be perfectly positioned to capture
18:17, Wed 23 Sep
texasblue
Not sure if true but he’s turned down 400 million for whu

They won’t sell before 2023 as if they did they’d have to pay a certain percentage of tax on the sale due to the stadium situation.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:47, Wed 23 Sep
BluSabre
He was also responsible for our rise when we were literally on our knees.

That you Des, 🤪
18:51, Wed 23 Sep
BluSabre
That's a more balanced take. Point I was making is they were not all bad and were actually very good for us in many respects.

And more to the point they had exactly the same playbook at Blues that they’ve used at West Ham. Flat track bullies in the Championship, not really willing to commit financially in the Premier League. To be honest this would have been ok if it wasn’t for all of the pretence that surrounded it. The statements of ambition, the fake transfers that were never going to happen (my favourite was David Gold announcing a bid for Craig Bellamy an hour after he’d signed for someone else). The dissembling was constant.

The narrative arc that they built at Blues is that the fans owed them eternal gratitude where in fact Blues gave them relevance, notoriety and a veneer of respectability. AND they walked away with a massive profit.

They were good business people for sure but we gave them everything they craved in terms of a media spotlight.

Watching what’s happening at West Ham is like seeing a repeat of a movie I’ve seen a hundred times.
19:08, Wed 23 Sep
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
BluSabre

And more to the point they had exactly the same playbook at Blues that they’ve used at West Ham. Flat track bullies in the Championship, not really willing to commit financially in the Premier League. To be honest this would have been ok if it wasn’t for all of the pretence that surrounded it. The statements of ambition, the fake transfers that were never going to happen (my favourite was David Gold announcing a bid for Craig Bellamy an hour after he’d signed for someone else). The dissembling was constant.

The narrative arc that they built at Blues is that the fans owed them eternal gratitude where in fact Blues gave them relevance, notoriety and a veneer of respectability. AND they walked away with a massive profit.

They were good business people for sure but we gave them everything they craved in terms of a media spotlight.

Watching what’s happening at West Ham is like seeing a repeat of a movie I’ve seen a hundred times.

This is the balanced view people should take note of. We were as good for them (if not more so in that we gave them a respectability they craved, never mind the fact we paid back every penny they sank into the club, with interest - and I don't include Carson's payment in that).
19:26, Wed 23 Sep
nick_p
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
BluSabre

This is the balanced view people should take note of. We were as good for them (if not more so in that we gave them a respectability they craved, never mind the fact we paid back every penny they sank into the club, with interest - and I don't include Carson's payment in that).

Absolutely this. I don't understand why some cannot, or refuse, to see it.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
19:28, Wed 23 Sep
To be honest this would have been ok if it wasn’t for all of the pretence that surrounded it.

This has always been the key thing for me

If someone wants to make money and use the club to publicise themselves then that is their prerogative

Just don’t lie. spin and make out you’re doing us a favour.

They ran the club like politicians, is it any wonder they’re chums with the current PM, the mates rates deal he did for them for the Olympic Stadium was so bent it was funny
20:05, Wed 23 Sep
I think that’s right apart from the ‘good business people’ bit. Good at making money - in my view in an industry where people with money nous are shooting ducks - very good also at p*ssing off its main customers. I think that’s stupid.
20:12, Wed 23 Sep
Le Mod
To be honest this would have been ok if it wasn’t for all of the pretence that surrounded it.

This has always been the key thing for me

If someone wants to make money and use the club to publicise themselves then that is their prerogative

Just don’t lie. spin and make out you’re doing us a favour.

They ran the club like politicians, is it any wonder they’re chums with the current PM, the mates rates deal he did for them for the Olympic Stadium was so bent it was funny

I think that's the crux of it, their vanity aside however they ran the club quite well.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
BluSabre

This lovely man knows
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”