13:34, Thu 24 Sep
Finances as well as squad restrictions dictate we need to get some players off the wage bill. We've had a lot of movement inwards but very little outwards so far.

Of the players we would want to move on, I can't see anybody paying a fee for them. It's likely we're going to have to loan out players instead.

I'd hope we can see some traction on outgoings pretty soon. Kieftenbeld and Davis have both been great signings and servants considering the time they were signed; the only permanent signings left from the Clark and Rowett days I believe. But they aren't going to get the games this season and I understand Karanka has already told them they are better off getting fixed up elsewhere. I wouldn't think either of them are on wages prohibitive to other clubs in this league (£10k-£15k maybe?)

Medina cannot be on much but it's a waste of time registering him as part of the 25. I'm surprised he's still here But then I suppose he waited until January last season before making the jump back to Cornella.

Aside from the youngsters is there anybody else you can see leaving this summer?
13:38, Thu 24 Sep
Gary Gardner? I can't see him being that high up the midfield pecking order now.
13:39, Thu 24 Sep
I think Gary will definitely stay and I hope he does, offers something completely different to the other midfielders and absolutely grafts. He’s been used in both games so far too. I think kief an Davis will go which will leave us with 4 fit CMs
13:42, Thu 24 Sep
Trouble is teams in the lower leagues are struggling financially, I think a lot of clubs in the prem and championship are struggling to shift players, look at forests squad its huge.
13:43, Thu 24 Sep
I think we’ll see a lot of players go out on loan
13:43, Thu 24 Sep
I'd hate for Gardner to go. I think he's far and away our best attacking CM and love his bursts forward.

Karanka I think will utilise 433 within games regularly if not from the start and Gardner will be important in that formation.
13:45, Thu 24 Sep
Finchy
Trouble is teams in the lower leagues are struggling financially, I think a lot of clubs in the prem and championship are struggling to shift players, look at forests squad its huge.
Norwich too, I read a few days ago that they had 12 central midfielders (not fact checked at all).
The 25 man squad limit has come at a really bad time for some clubs.
13:56, Thu 24 Sep
Baloo
I'd hate for Gardner to go. I think he's far and away our best attacking CM and love his bursts forward.

Karanka I think will utilise 433 within games regularly if not from the start and Gardner will be important in that formation.

This. Gards can play anywhere across the midfield he is a very good all rounder and crutual for the 'Squad' IMO
13:57, Thu 24 Sep
Gards is a great option, brings fantastic energy, gets up and down well, good in the air and a goal threat.

Think as people have said, we've seen the last of Kieft and Davis, hopefully manage to get Cogley out the door too, and Lakin out on loan. Leaves us some room for Clarke and potentially another random signing.
14:00, Thu 24 Sep
Surely you don't think we'd have to give Kieftenbeld away as a free?

You'd easily get £500k for him.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
14:01, Thu 24 Sep
Gards will be one of the last to go, he's great coming off the bench.
Big, Physical and can go on the odd run against defenders to break up play.
14:07, Thu 24 Sep
Bela's About

Doesn't his contract end next summer?

Think he will be loaned out until then
14:08, Thu 24 Sep
Bela's About

After the Derby fiasco a couple of years ago I don't think you can "easily" get rid of Keef in any way !
14:21, Thu 24 Sep
With the way the transfer market was going for a few years with the price of players rising exponentially to silly levels in the Prem and that beginning to filter down to our level, I thought we might have been able to get £1m+ for Kief and at least £500k for Davis a year or so ago. But Kief is 30, not long back from a horrible knee injury, and has only a year left. As mentioned as well there aren't many fees being paid at this level outside of a handful of clubs.

I think we'll need to loan Kief out for the year until his contract is up. But it was absolutely the right thing to do to trigger the contract extension when he was out injured, it allowed him to come back from injury when he was ready without feeling the need to rush his rehabilitation.
14:26, Thu 24 Sep
Baloo
Aside from the youngsters is there anybody else you can see leaving this summer?

Aside from youngsters going on loan... no.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.