00:22, Sun 18 Oct
Worcester Blue
Did we get a receipt?

Can we exchange him for Wesley?

He’s not that bad lol
02:37, Sun 18 Oct
BlueSteve
Is anyone else concerned about our very investment in Scott Hogan? We offered him a 4 year contract! Even on 25k per week that's 5.2 million for the whole duration of his contract. I just think that money would have been better utilised on a more mobile younger striker. It is early in the season. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong!!

people here were delighted when we signed him - on the basis of nothing whatsoever. Get rid.
05:41, Sun 18 Oct
Feckin spiders 👀
06:55, Sun 18 Oct
He's on 65k a week, had a 5 mil signing on fee, will have a 2 mil loyalty bonus after 4 weeks, and is on 250k per goal.
Heard it from a reliable source. 😉😉
07:19, Sun 18 Oct
Wrexit
BlueSteve
Is anyone else concerned about our very investment in Scott Hogan? We offered him a 4 year contract! Even on 25k per week that's 5.2 million for the whole duration of his contract. I just think that money would have been better utilised on a more mobile younger striker. It is early in the season. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong!!

people here were delighted when we signed him - on the basis of nothing whatsoever. Get rid.
So this is going to be a weekly thing with Hogan now is it?.The Scott Hogan concerns thread.
If he scores a few then it will go quiet I suppose but if he doesn’t then let’s all condemn him.
07:39, Sun 18 Oct
Hes OK .Cant Judge him on yesterday .No service at all.whatsoever .nix .nada . looked much improved when Leko came on ,needs to play with a partner .

07:48, Sun 18 Oct
Being a striker for us is still a very lonely role
08:02, Sun 18 Oct
Scoot Mcgoot
Wrexit
BlueSteve

So this is going to be a weekly thing with Hogan now is it?.The Scott Hogan concerns thread.
If he scores a few then it will go quiet I suppose but if he doesn’t then let’s all condemn him.

No it won't go quiet, he will inevitably pick up the odd goal after 80 minutes of non-cohesive play and 1-0 down so the other team sit back and we throw the kitchen sink at them, yeah he'll pick up a few but we need a lot more than that - we need a team that doesn't isolate the striker when its 1 up front.

And there are ways to go about it but that won't fit in with Karanka's style, Hogan is a square peg in a round hole in this team he will never fit in, he needs a partner upfront or a team that dictates play and pushes a team back so he get touches in the box and thats where he is magic - Karanka will never provide that for him.

Its not really a criticism of him as a player, he is obviously talented but you need to set up a team around him to get the best out of him and that will never happen at Blues based on karankas past style, though maybe he will evolve, maybe San Jose will be so good on the ball that we do start dictating against some sides - I cant see it but happy to be proven wrong

As it stands this will be a low-scoring season but luckily Karanka has time to to see whats up and get the personnel into to rectify things.
09:17, Sun 18 Oct
I reckon come January, we will be begging once again for another striker like we have been for the past 2 seasons
09:22, Sun 18 Oct
Wrexit
BlueSteve

This forum is starting to get ridiculous. As fans can we actually do that thing what fans are meant to do and support our team and players? If it’s not Hogan it’s AK style of play, then it’s Peds, then it’s the style of football and so on. Some of you need to stick to playing Football Manager.
09:26, Sun 18 Oct
A much fairer assessment than most have given and a decent post.

As you say Hogan comes alive in the box and is probably the best finisher we've had since Phillips. But I disagree that we don't have the players to suit him.

Wide players who cut in like Sanchez and Bela are perfect for Hogan's game. As is a number 10 like Toral who players further up the pitch than Crowley and can get beyond his striker.

People just need to be patient, there's a lot of new players playing a new system with a new manager. Daft to think it'll all fall into place straight away.
09:32, Sun 18 Oct
Yeah, all that.
We were always going to start with being tighter at the back, nailing the shape of the team and looking like a football team again. And we were told it was the start of a 3 year plan.

All things the majority wanted for most of last season. Now we've got what was wanted, some don't want it. But apparently as a fan base we're better than most.
We ain't
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:32, Sun 18 Oct
Tiltonblue
Wrexit
BlueSteve

This forum is starting to get ridiculous. As fans can we actually do that thing what fans are meant to do and support our team and players? If it’s not Hogan it’s AK style of play, then it’s Peds, then it’s the style of football and so on. Some of you need to stick to playing Football Manager.

Its an opinion on something we are all passionate about and a forum is the place for it. Why not debate each individual point with your pov and they might consider it but mocking them is just pointless and strange when we are on a place to debate the club.

Support comes in many forms, its a spectrum, we are all here because we want to see blues win
09:36, Sun 18 Oct
That’s absolutely fine if there was any positives as well as negatives. My opinion is there’s a lot of negative posts, is that not okay for my opinion? When I see posts of get rid of Hogan after 2 games and how AK football is rubbish, there’s no discussion in that.
DES
10:12, Sun 18 Oct
Tilton blue, that’s what I always try to do support the team and the manager and the players at least until we are able to frame an opinion about them.
To me that’s being there to watch a player at least ten times, now that we can only watch on TV then deffo a few more games needed.
Let’s see where this team looks after Christmas shall we,? Till then I may well show my frustrations but no Get Rid posts.

Kro