17:05, Sat 17 Oct
This was very bad until the last 15 minutes.

However, in Leko, Hogan, Juke and Toral, to a more limited extent, we do have different options up front now. Leko has improved our options so much, on this very brief showing.

Sunjic is far better than Gardner and was missed. Juke and Toral were out, too, so that made it more difficult.

Crowley, sadly for him, does not have the ability to be penetrative. He is neat but does little else and certainly cannot receive the ball, turn and make things happen consistently. As a no.10 he isn't it.

Once we put Wednesday under pressure, as we did to Brentford, chances come along but we need to do that in stead of being so passive. Championship defences, under pressure, will allow opportunities. We need to offer more up front.
17:07, Sat 17 Oct
Always thought Crowley would be better in a deeper role like how Bannon played today. I would not write him off yet.

Sunjic was missed a lot today. But lack of movement was the biggest problem.

We were the better side in a poor second half. Didn’t look anything like a threat until last 15 and worked it quite well then.
17:08, Sat 17 Oct
Gardner/Clayton were woeful, game was crying out for energy from Sunjic.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:08, Sat 17 Oct
Hope you are right but Bannan is tough on the ball and will not be shaken off. Crowley is a bit feeble.
17:11, Sat 17 Oct
Antonio Gramsci

Once we put Wednesday under pressure, as we did to Brentford, chances come along but we need to do that in stead of being so passive. Championship defences, under pressure, will allow opportunities. We need to offer more up front.

We need to learn how to put teams under pressure from our own play and not because they have dropped back and stopped making any runs.

I guess that is why Gardner was brought in, as Sunjic is more of a holding midfielder, to join in on play and drive the game forward but it just simply didn't happen and Clayton was left playing the ball sideways or dropping deeper than our Cbs

It simply didn't work but unlike with past managers, I have faith that Karanka sees all this and has a fair few ideas how to get it right.
17:12, Sat 17 Oct
fradge
b.casual
Awful decision

Would VAR have overturned it?
Usually back the refs decision, don’t they
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
17:13, Sat 17 Oct
Scoobers
Do we want VAR now ?
No 😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
17:26, Sat 17 Oct
Look we lost to the softest of soft penalties. It was relatively close.

Relatively close?

We didn’t lay a finger on them

It was a very long way from being close. Only one winner there today.
@Bluewurst1875
17:28, Sat 17 Oct
Friend had 2 chances. Leko a sitter, Hogan too.
They scored 1 , we really should have scored more
17:30, Sat 17 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt

They should’ve scored a lot more too.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:30, Sat 17 Oct
How many saves did their keeper need to make vs ours?

They could have been out of sight at half time

We really didn’t do a thing until the last ten minutes.

Poor team selection, learn from it and put it behind us.
@Bluewurst1875
17:32, Sat 17 Oct
I don't think we could have complained if Wednesday were two or three up at half time. They also set up to defend as the second half wore on. But we also looked far better when Leko came on and we actually attacked them and showed some urgency (which has been the way with Blues probably since the days of Barry Fry). In the end, we could, and should really have put two or three away.

It's frustrating, but at least we have ability in the side, so I'm taking that as a positive.
The Belle of St. Trillions
17:36, Sat 17 Oct
Frustrating

Surely San Jose has to play

Pederson worst player on the pitch. Can't pass a ball.

Gardner a step back to see him in, should not be playing

1 up front works when Toral or Leko is supporting the striker, but today Hogan so isolated

Positive start to the season but disappointing. Hopefully Karanka can sort it out
17:37, Sat 17 Oct
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

They should’ve scored a lot more too.
If we’d have drawn it would have been deemed a fair result. Saying we didn’t have chances is daft. 3 great chances and Friend and Clayton with decent chances from 15-18 yards. We had the best chances , however bad we played. They weren’t anything but average either
17:39, Sat 17 Oct
How many chances did we have before they scored ?