16:54, Sat 17 Oct
“Lukas Jutkiewicz was missing because he was feeling unwell, whilst Ivan Sunjic was dropped to the bench. Jon Toral was absent from the matchday 18.”

That explains Juke, not why Total was missing.
16:54, Sat 17 Oct
He’s a genuine poster.
We all see things differently I s’pose
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
KH
16:57, Sat 17 Oct
Super Hans
BromsgroveBlues
Pederson worst player on the pitch. Can't pass a ball.

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
What's wrong with that? He's spot on. Constantly cutting inside on his right or failing to turn, looks like a centre back playing wide, never gets a cross in first time or tries to go past the opposition. So frustrating to watch them all today but especially Pedersen.
17:10, Sat 17 Oct
Why are we criticising Karanka, what has he done wrong?

From my pov he has steadied the ship in defence and progressed to losing one of the two holding midfielders with a box-to-box today in an attempt to attack more, it simply didn't work but what did Karanka do worthy of criticism?

He dropped the reason the defence was steadied, one of our best players from last couple of games

He simply dropped the wrong MF and bought in the wrong one
@Bluewurst1875
17:14, Sat 17 Oct
barnieeee
Bringing gardener in was an attempt to get him driving into the attacking third and pose a more attacking threat as Sunjic is primarily a holding midfielder but it didn't work but I don't see it as backwards move, he has sured up the defence and now is looking to expand our game - a box to box midfielder was a fair idea and maybe it will work on another day

This is what I’d hoped for when I saw the team; didn’t happen though- he was poor as were pretty much all of them today. Wednesday first to every ball until they sat back, crowded midfield, no width, and inability to keep possession. At least there were some encouraging signs with Leko towards the end.
Cowinbovril

I'm confident that in a year or so we'll look back at lockdown as a big mistake. It's not a tried and tested policy. It was an experiment TIlton Rifle 8/8/20
17:16, Sat 17 Oct
KH
KH
Super Hans
BromsgroveBlues
Pederson worst player on the pitch. Can't pass a ball.

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
What's wrong with that? He's spot on. Constantly cutting inside on his right or failing to turn, looks like a centre back playing wide, never gets a cross in first time or tries to go past the opposition. So frustrating to watch them all today but especially Pedersen.

Effort not lacking. Skill on the ball lacking.
17:18, Sat 17 Oct
barnieeee

From my pov he has steadied the ship in defence and progressed to losing one of the two holding midfielders with a box-to-box today in an attempt to attack more, it simply didn't work but what did Karanka do worthy of criticism?

His english grammar is terrible
17:25, Sat 17 Oct
BlueNoseinFrampton
barnieeee

His Spanish grandad's OK though.
The Belle of St. Trillions
17:37, Sat 17 Oct
Brother Tam
BlueNoseinFrampton
barnieeee

His Spanish grandad's OK though.

Muy bien
17:39, Sat 17 Oct
barnieeee

He seems to fit in nicely with our tradition of unattractive and boring football.
17:48, Sat 17 Oct
I’m afraid monk out thought Karanka today. He played a very high press all game (except last 10 minutes) and realised without juke we didn’t have an out ball. Unfortunately unless Karanka is adaptable to change the way we set up, more teams are going to do exactly the same. Hopefully Leko playing up top will give us another option, as I was impressed with his 15 minute contribution.
17:50, Sat 17 Oct
I didn’t think Sheffield did press us high today tbh
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:03, Sat 17 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
I didn’t think Sheffield did press us high today tbh
I think you were watching a different game. We couldn’t get past the half way line for 80 minutes and if you look back through their attacks, at times they had 7 and 8 players in and around our box
18:05, Sat 17 Oct
They didn't press high but they did in midfield and it was noticeable when we had the ball there was no space in the middle.

Our passing wasn't good today. The point of a 4231 ahead of a 442 is that the 2 lines in midfield offer different passing lanes and triangles to break the opponent's midfield.

We didn't do that at all today, we were so flat and as a result we couldn't get the ball into Hogan. The midfield were far too deep as a whole, and then Clayton started dropping back into defence which didn't help.

We need Clayton getting on the ball in midfield with options around him. He started most attacks in the sweeper position today and Dean and Friend ended up offering the most penetration today which isn't ideal as their passing isn't great.

We need to dominate the midfield if we want to play one up front. I think we'll see San Jose coming into the team on Tuesday alongside Sunjic.
18:18, Sat 17 Oct
I’m sorry but we’ve signed 11 players and lost at home to bottom of the league it’s not good enough