15:48, Sat 17 Oct
A player I truly wish to do well. And there are flashes.

Nonetheless, I feel he's been not much more than "a nice idea" so far.

Fair assessment?
15:49, Sat 17 Oct
Lol
15:50, Sat 17 Oct
He's been poor today but you could make a thread about any of the players today.
15:53, Sat 17 Oct
Give it a couple of hours 😛
15:53, Sat 17 Oct
My point is that I think he gets a lot of goodwill and I understand why, but his impact has been generally negligible across a lot of games. It's not just about today.
15:54, Sat 17 Oct
He’s got bags of ability on the ball, but yes he’s not having much impact in games.
15:55, Sat 17 Oct
bluefrank
My point is that I think he gets a lot of goodwill and I understand why, but his impact has been generally negligible across a lot of games. It's not just about today.

It's the first game he's started this season. Is that enough to form an honest opinion?
15:57, Sat 17 Oct
LH_4
bluefrank

It's the first game he's started this season. Is that enough to form an honest opinion?

And played out of position all last season. But he’s crap apparently
15:58, Sat 17 Oct
It's funny how fans will give some players any amount of poor games, yet others have to just play a bad half and people are on their backs.

As has been the case since last August when we signed him the club has to decide if Crowley is a creative player we need and so are willing to let him go missing for a half now and then or whether we want to go back to a midfield powered by creative forces such as Kief and DD.

Given how forgiving people here have been of Crowley, and before him Jota and before him Fabbrini, I guess we'd all better start practising shouting 'gerrin to im' and 'gerrit forward' for when fans are allowed back in.
15:59, Sat 17 Oct
He's made many appearances for the club. The very point I'm making is about the breadth of his Blues career. To reiterate, it's not just about today
15:59, Sat 17 Oct
bluefrank
A player I truly wish to do well. And there are flashes.

Nonetheless, I feel he's been not much more than "a nice idea" so far.

Fair assessment?

Yes. A luxury player. Looks flashy but delivers virtually no end product..
16:00, Sat 17 Oct
What’s his best position?
16:03, Sat 17 Oct
FattyBumBum
LH_4
bluefrank

And played out of position all last season. But he’s crap apparently
This is his second season and it’s a familiar story today.

Worryingly ineffective.
16:04, Sat 17 Oct
bluefrank
He's made many appearances for the club. The very point I'm making is about the breadth of his Blues career. To reiterate, it's not just about today

But how many creative players would honestly stand out in Clotet's team and now this current setup?

He's a quality footballer and it's a hill I'm happy to proverbially die on. He showed it before he came to us and the likelihood is, if we chose to move him on, he'd show it somewhere else too.

I'd have liked to see how he got on when we took the handbrake off at the end but the entire time he was on the pitch, the whole team were garbage. But of course we have to scapegoat one player don't we.
16:07, Sat 17 Oct
You can toss that up a lot of ways but he's never been asked to be anything but a forward-looking midfielder.

You can't expect to be entrusted with pulling the strings just because, again, it's a nice idea. He has had many chances to impress, but hasn't.

I want him to do well, not see brutish lumping it forwards. But it doesn't seem to happen.