16:37, Sat 17 Oct
I personally think he deserves more time to establish himself. He’s a creative midfielder. His job is to create chances for the forward players. If he’s not doing it I don’t think Aitor will pick him. Simple as that.
16:45, Sat 17 Oct
He goes searching for the ball instead of trying to read where the ball will go in the last 3rd. As a result often he is not in the box when the ball arrives..
16:54, Sat 17 Oct
He has been given chances and has generally failed to show why he should be given any more.

A player with good touch but not enough awareness to see things quickly enough.

As a result there is far too often no end product and any possibility of a quick break is lost.
16:55, Sat 17 Oct
BlueSteve
He goes searching for the ball instead of trying to read where the ball will go in the last 3rd. As a result often he is not in the box when the ball arrives..
Absolutely spot on.

He never seems to be in a position where he can hurt teams with his obvious creativity.
Games just seem to pass him by.
17:02, Sat 17 Oct
has good skill but precious little influence into anything

which kind of sums the team up for a few years to be honest
17:02, Sat 17 Oct
Do you think he will improve?
17:07, Sat 17 Oct
Dirty Bertie
He has been given chances and has generally failed to show why he should be given any more.

A player with good touch but not enough awareness to see things quickly enough.

As a result there is far too often no end product and any possibility of a quick break is lost.[/quote

Like we've got plenty of better options creativity wise
17:08, Sat 17 Oct
Yep, bang on. That's essentially my point - he's a nice idea, but...
17:12, Sat 17 Oct
Jimb1
Do you think he will improve?
I think we all want him to improve.

Think he’s running out of time.
17:14, Sat 17 Oct
Can’t defend him today but nobody played well tbh apart from Leko when he came on. A few were ok.
I thought we really missed Sunjic.
17:33, Sat 17 Oct
Wednesday dominated our midfield today. If we had Sunjic and Clayton behind him getting on the ball regularly and playing it forward into feet I think he'd have played a lot better.

But we had Clayton dropping deep and picking the ball up level with our back line and Gardner giving it away with alarming regularity. Most of Clayton's distribution today amounted to passing sidewards to Dean who then overhit it too far ahead of Hogan or smashed it into Crowley's feet so hard he struggled to control it let alone turn with it. The few times Friend broke the lines as well his passing was wayward.

Some players we really hang out to dry with the way we set up and play at times.
17:39, Sat 17 Oct
MForssell9
Can’t defend him today but nobody played well tbh apart from Leko when he came on. A few were ok.
Sheff wed were miles ahead of us in every department and even when they sat back and invited us to create we looked awful.

My expectations have gone down massively.
17:40, Sat 17 Oct
Scoot Mcgoot
MForssell9
Sheff wed were miles ahead of us in every department and even when they sat back and invited us to create we looked awful.

My expectations have gone down massively.
Just on one performance?
18:05, Sat 17 Oct
Nice neat, clever -good in possession NO BLOODY END RESULT .how many like him have we had . Shame but he's had long enough for me
18:40, Sat 17 Oct
fairkop
Nice neat, clever -good in possession NO BLOODY END RESULT .how many like him have we had . Shame but he's had long enough for me

I don’t understand how anyone can argue that he hasn’t had enough time? I’m not expecting him with last season to demonstrate he’s a world beater.

But I don’t think I’ve watched 3 consecutive games of his where I’ve thought he’s played well in all 3.