Recovering his fitness
21:30, Tue 20 Oct
Blimey, Simon must be in his 50s now?
21:32, Tue 20 Oct
No thanks
21:33, Tue 20 Oct
Azza
No thanks

Curious - any reason? I think he's what we need, if we can get him in on a fair wage and a short term deal.
21:43, Tue 20 Oct
BlueWire
Blimey, Simon must be in his 50s now?

Ha ha
21:54, Tue 20 Oct
Out of curiosity where did you hear that?
23:12, Tue 20 Oct
No thanks

I can’t believe I have just read that

Why?

Actually? Having read some posts on here tonight, I can
@Bluewurst1875
04:51, Wed 21 Oct
Azza
No thanks

Curious - any reason? I think he's what we need, if we can get him in on a fair wage and a short term deal.

Injury prone, hasn't played for an awful long time due to the ban.

Didn't see any of his time in Turkey but looked very uninterested whenever I saw him the last couple of years in England for Liverpool/West Brom.

A far cry from the Sturridge of old, who like you say would have been what we need.

Also think wages would be a lot higher than the gamble would justify.
DES
08:18, Wed 21 Oct
Azza,

Folk don't realise pay per play contracts are as rare as rocking horse shite, and on the very rare times they happen, players would be looking for huge amounts, Sturridge's agent would almost certainly be looking at getting his Client 100K per game with win & Goal bonus on top plus a commitment to full-time contract if he achieved certain stages i.e. Goals/appearances.

If we were going down that route I would prefer Welbeck but dont think Dong would contemplate either.

KRO
08:20, Wed 21 Oct
DES
Welbeck has signed for Brighton
09:50, Wed 21 Oct
DES
DES
Azza,

Folk don't realise pay per play contracts are as rare as rocking horse shite, and on the very rare times they happen, players would be looking for huge amounts, Sturridge's agent would almost certainly be looking at getting his Client 100K per game with win & Goal bonus on top plus a commitment to full-time contract if he achieved certain stages i.e. Goals/appearances.

If we were going down that route I would prefer Welbeck but dont think Dong would contemplate either.

KRO

There is absolutely zero chance of Sturridge getting anywhere close to £100,000 a week on any kind of contract barring somewhere like China or Quatar.
09:57, Wed 21 Oct
The 'Sturridge is training with us rumour' seems to surface every 3 months and to date it has never been true
09:57, Wed 21 Oct
Wouldn’t go near him. Hasn’t played consistently for about five seasons. Would want big money.
10:28, Wed 21 Oct
Lichfield Blues
Out of curiosity where did you hear that?

Not from someone I directly know, but I do know they have contacts at the club so there is a level of credibility about it, but can't provide more which is I why I said allegedly in OP.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent