13:53, Mon 26 Oct
I disagree
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
14:01, Mon 26 Oct
Somehow I can't see Sturridge begging to be given a chance at our place nor Karanka actually wanting him.
More chance of over 2.5 goals coming in weds night
14:04, Mon 26 Oct
5 or 6 years ago, maybe, He's shot.
14:07, Mon 26 Oct
Ron Burgundy
Daniel Sturridge would instantly be the best player in the Championship if he signed for anyone in our league.

Dynamite finisher and a quality player.

A fit Sturridge, would definitely be in with a shout. That goal at Chelsea 2 years ago was beautifully executed.

If he still has that in his locker we wouldn’t have a chance of signing him.
14:19, Mon 26 Oct
number8
5 or 6 years ago, maybe, He's shot.
Six or so years ago he was part of one of the most feared strike forces in the world whilst we were signing Denny Johnstone and Wes Thomas so I doubt we would have had much of a chance of signing him then.

I can't see his wage demands being anywhere near what we would be willing to pay, though I would never put it past Dong to get stars in his eyes and splurge a load of dough on him regardless of his medical state or state of mind.
14:35, Mon 26 Oct
Clapton
Ron Burgundy
Daniel Sturridge would instantly be the best player in the Championship if he signed for anyone in our league.

Dynamite finisher and a quality player.

A fit Sturridge, would definitely be in with a shout. That goal at Chelsea 2 years ago was beautifully executed.

If he still has that in his locker we wouldn’t have a chance of signing him.

Yeah but do we want to pay 35k a week for one goal?

Hard pass from me. Stick to getting in talents
14:45, Mon 26 Oct
wait until January. if we're not too far adrift (within 10 points of the playoffs) then id offer him a 6 month deal with a year extension if we go up
i wanna live outside, live outside of all of this
14:50, Mon 26 Oct
David Xavis
on his day a fit Sturridge would run riot against most defences in this league.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

a fit sturridge, is that like a smart donald trump, or a sound jack grealish
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:01, Mon 26 Oct
Robert Hopkins
Wasn't the view of certain managers that Furlong's injuries may not have been proper injuries - i.e. refused to play with the slightest twinge, when you had the likes of Grainger carrying on with a broken leg - That could be seen as the 'problem' with Sturridge.

I don't know about manager's views, but I remember seeing him play at a reserves game one night - he had to come off at half-time with an injury. 'A broken toe nail', one wag suggested. Turned out hat muscle had come away from the bone and kept him out for some time afterwards. He came over to have a chat later with someone that I was with, and he was clearly upset at his injury, but was a really nice, friendly, affable chap.

That we was still playing until the age off 44 suggested that he loved playing.
The Belle of St. Trillions
15:19, Mon 26 Oct
Yeah, the myths about Furlong are just that...myths.

Apart from that detached muscle - hamstring I think it was, he also had the snapped kneecap and his other major injury was a blood clot in his thigh caused by Neil Aspin doing him off the ball at Port Vale.

He found time to score 49 goals for us, I wish we had somebody that much of a sicknote for us now.

I honestly never get the lack of acknowledgment from some quarters for what a bloody good player he was for us.
15:24, Mon 26 Oct
Furlong was not only a good player, but one of the nicest and most humble players I’ve ever met.
15:28, Mon 26 Oct
Spike
Yeah, the myths about Furlong are just that...myths.

Apart from that detached muscle - hamstring I think it was, he also had the snapped kneecap and his other major injury was a blood clot in his thigh caused by Neil Aspin doing him off the ball at Port Vale.

He found time to score 49 goals for us, I wish we had somebody that much of a sicknote for us now.

I honestly never get the lack of acknowledgment from some quarters for what a bloody good player he was for us.
Also goes to show it’s a myth that our fans are the best in the world or even better than most.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
15:36, Mon 26 Oct
58 in 156 appearances.

19 in 33 one year I think. If he'd be able to play another 10 games that season TF* may've been the one to get us promoted.

*it was probably that misery arse who thought Furlong was a sicknote.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
15:54, Mon 26 Oct
DES
DES
Azza,

Folk don't realise pay per play contracts are as rare as rocking horse shite, and on the very rare times they happen, players would be looking for huge amounts, Sturridge's agent would almost certainly be looking at getting his Client 100K per game with win & Goal bonus on top plus a commitment to full-time contract if he achieved certain stages i.e. Goals/appearances.

If we were going down that route I would prefer Welbeck but dont think Dong would contemplate either.

KRO

LMFAO - in the Championship??? Or do we play on Planet Zog nowadays?
16:30, Mon 26 Oct
Robert Hopkins
Alledgedly training with us.

Is there actually any truth to this?