23:54, Mon 26 Oct
Obafemi
Remember Furlong getting subbed at home and as he walked off ripped his shirt off and threw towards the bench and disappeared down the Main Stand tunnel. It all kicked off.,

Indeed it did. I'm in possession of that very shirt!
The Belle of St. Trillions
DES
12:08, Tue 27 Oct
Le Mod
Jerome used to get the same treatment from a few
Jerome's injury record was first-rate as was his work rate, it was Cam's lack of composure that prevented him being a lege!
I loved him same with Clinton O Morrison!

KRO
13:50, Tue 27 Oct
DES
If Jerome could as much as finish his dinner then he’d of been our record scorer. He was so fast that a ball over the top would 9 times out of 10 see him 1 on 1, I loved him but he was sooo frustrating
14:04, Tue 27 Oct
Jerome was one of those that if given time to think, would mess it up. Great reactions, scored some incredible goals (including the overhead kick for Norwich that was disallowed), but his lack of "composure", or tendency to overthink, whatever it was, prevented him from being a top player.

I was the same as a kid. Nowhere near his level of course, but I can sympathise with that type of player.
14:09, Tue 27 Oct
Completely agree, I also think a lot of his game went unnoticed. He ran defenders absolutely ragged with his pace. Stick a finisher next to him and they’d of picked up on his leftovers and had a field day.
14:53, Tue 27 Oct
I remember watching him for Stoke. Remember thinking what a good player he was. Apart from the finishing. Big, strong, quick and decent on the ball. I think he’d improved a little bit. I noticed he scored for someone in league one a couple of weeks ago. Might have been Mk Dons.
14:59, Tue 27 Oct
He wasn't a natural footballer really, he started playing when he was about 15 and you could tell, he was essentially an athlete who was well coached at a later age. His technique was often quite odd, even his goal at Liverpool he didn't strike the ball like a normal footballer would (he wasn't looking at the ball when he struck it). He has got absolutely every ounce out of himself through a superb work ethic and he has constantly improved throughout his career, he's had a great career.
15:07, Tue 27 Oct
If anybody had watched Jerome solely in the few minutes that he had at Wembley for us, they'd have rated him as a £30m player. Or something like that. He was superb.

He was capable of moments of comedy in trying to control a ball, but also capable of moments of brilliance. There was a home - against Sheffield Wednesday, I think - where he was fairly near the touchline in front of the Main Stand (we were attacking the Tilton) when he turned and deliberately chipped the keeper from a tight angle eighteen yards out. It was a wonderful, and deliberate strike.

Other times, he looked like a puppy trying to control a balloon.

He was good for us - I liked him.
15:08, Tue 27 Oct
I think your spot on. I noticed he’s recently been playing in Turkey. A lot of better footballers haven’t had the career he’s had.
15:09, Tue 27 Oct
Yeah I liked him too

I don't have a recollection of that goal though, what season we talking?
15:13, Tue 27 Oct
Le Mod
Yeah I liked him too

I don't have a recollection of that goal though, what season we talking?

I don't know. I may even have imagined it. I'll try and look it up.

Edit: Could have been this one. Was it also the Larsson wonder goal game?

[www.11v11.com]
15:16, Tue 27 Oct
Just checked - he scored 1 goal vs Sheff Weds (in the Seb Larsson wonder run match) - but it was a scrappy goal in the 6 yard box.

To quote another poster "loved tha bastard"
Can I have a Bronx hat for the babbie, please Tom?
15:17, Tue 27 Oct
Louie Donowa
Just checked - he scored 1 goal vs Sheff Weds (in the Seb Larsson wonder run match) - but it was a scrappy goal in the 6 yard box.

To quote another poster "loved tha bastard"

Ah - perhaps it was another team then. I thought it was against SW, in the second half.
15:30, Tue 27 Oct
I think it might be the one against Watford, I'll see if I can find it, not really a chip but like a cut in and a curler into the far top corner, nice goal though
15:37, Tue 27 Oct
Le Mod
I think it might be the one against Watford, I'll see if I can find it, not really a chip but like a cut in and a curler into the far top corner, nice goal though

Yeah, curled it over the keeper from an angle. That's a better way to describe it.