I’m really not sure where he’s getting harsh criticism from?
A couple of us have pointed out he’s not at the level of Savage which I’d be surprised if many disagreed with?
That’s not a criticism of him by the way, more disagreeing with the poster who thinks he’s better technically than Savage.
Beyond that, there’s one poster saying he’s not sure we as a team needed Sunjic as much as the outlet on him suggested we did and another who thinks he concedes a few too many free kicks at times.
All fair and valid points I’d say. Sunjic has had loads of praise at times too. I don’t think anything said is harsh on him.
08:48, Sun 25 Oct
Jimb1
In fairness to Sunjic if he can get anywhere near the career Savage had then he’s done well. Maybe San Jose can teach him a few things.

Agree.
DES
10:10, Sun 25 Oct
Big zeb
Anyone that knows anything about football could see how classy he was. Made everything look easy.

Wish I could be so certain of a player after the briefest of looks!

Kro
10:17, Sun 25 Oct
DES
desperate times washed up player passes ball & cant run
10:31, Sun 25 Oct
DES
If he can play like he did yesterday for around 30 games we will be mid table at least and probably higher, but QPR have a massive weakness in central midfield at the moment and I get the vibe that San Jose's fitness may be in doubt, so I don't think it's certain that he is going to take the season by the scruff of the neck. I really hope so though, he did look a cut above everybody yesterday.
If we are merely giving constructive criticism then it should be extended to others too.

Really happy with Etheridge but his kicking as got worse with every game.

Just feel us blues fans love a scrape goat and sunjic is becoming one of those unless mistaken.

He’s being one of our better performers all season so imo he doesn’t deserve this but if it’s ok to cirque one of our best players then open it up to all.

As for Savage he was a great player for blues but I also feel Sunjic is better technically.
DES
11:33, Sun 25 Oct
Clapton, I am sitting down so I won’t keel over at your response,
Did you just compare sunjic to Robbie Savage?

Kro
12:04, Sun 25 Oct
Clapton
If we are merely giving constructive criticism then it should be extended to others too.

Really happy with Etheridge but his kicking as got worse with every game.

Just feel us blues fans love a scrape goat and sunjic is becoming one of those unless mistaken.

He’s being one of our better performers all season so imo he doesn’t deserve this but if it’s ok to cirque one of our best players then open it up to all.

As for Savage he was a great player for blues but I also feel Sunjic is better technically.

Savage was much better technically than he's usually given credit for.
12:11, Sun 25 Oct
Savage was a decent footballer. More remembered for his work rate, drama queenery and winding up skills though.
Etheridge isn’t the best kicker, but I don’t mind that the way we play. Being a good solid keeper is all I want.
One who has disappointed me in terms of passing his Friend, the last 2 or 3 games especially,his distribution at times has resembled that of Johnathan Grounds, luckily Friend makes up for it by being a leader and better, stronger, more vocal defender
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
DES
12:11, Sun 25 Oct
Savage came third in the old news of the world tables behind Roy Keane & Patrick Viera in his first season for us.
He will always be a blues legend if only for the way he destroyed the villa!
I’m still not even sure if Sunjic is first choice in our woefully weak present day midfield!

Kro
12:22, Sun 25 Oct
DES
I think the Sheff Wed game shows how he is missed
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
12:33, Sun 25 Oct
Savage was a decent footballer. More remembered for his work rate, drama queenery and winding up skills though.
Etheridge isn’t the best kicker, but I don’t mind that the way we play. Being a good solid keeper is all I want.
One who has disappointed me in terms of passing his Friend, the last 2 or 3 games especially,his distribution at times has resembled that of Johnathan Grounds, luckily Friend makes up for it by being a leader and better, stronger, more vocal defender

This. All three of our CH had distribution errors. Hopefully we can sort that out by going via Sunjic and Jose rather than smashing balls 50 yards again.
@Bluewurst1875
12:59, Sun 25 Oct
I too was suprised by Friends passing. I've always remembered him as the classy full back he was a couple of years ago. But he very much passes like a center half these days.

Savage was a far better footballer than he was ever given credit for.
13:11, Sun 25 Oct
For what it’s worth I thought yesterday’s performance was the best for a long time. We could easily have won the game and yes we could have lost it but for the first time for ages we got it down and passed it. We kept possession and looked a real threat at times. When everyone is fit I think we’ve got a very decent squad and we’ll have a half decent season. It’s a 3 year project and we’re 7 games in. Yes we bought in 11 players but 7 or 8 were free transfers. It may not be to everybody’s liking but to me a mid table finish when not shitting ourselves on the last game of the season is real progress....
I’m only going off the highlights but it seemed to me like Sunjic was a lot more involved going forward next to San Jose than we’ve seen him previously. More like a box to box midfielder than a ratter.

Was that the case or are the highlights deceiving?