19:19, Sat 24 Oct
On Sky Arts now
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:27, Sat 24 Oct
Great record label and some really good compilations available.
20:00, Sat 24 Oct
long shot kicked the bucket,i lost a few bob on that one.
20:06, Sat 24 Oct
Billy Birmingham
long shot kicked the bucket,i lost a few bob on that one.

It happened in the first race !
DES
10:13, Sun 25 Oct
Trojan did more for race relations than anything in this country before or since, THEY WERE THE PIONEERS🤣🕺

Kro
14:43, Sun 25 Oct
DES
Love the music part of my whole life but not too keen on the way they treat the artists and lack of royalties paid.
DES
16:49, Sun 25 Oct
ShoNuffIDo
Love the music part of my whole life but not too keen on the way they treat the artists and lack of royalties paid.
Tbf I think Chris Blackwell did the same to Marley!
Kro
09:39, Mon 26 Oct
DES
DES
ShoNuffIDo
Tbf I think Chris Blackwell did the same to Marley!
Kro

Think it was fairly common throughout the industry BITD. But Trojan (or whoever owns the brand now) still regularly obtain the rights to songs not originally released on the label.

Do they pay royalties? I doubt it and know for a fact one artist has never received a penny from them despite the album she recorded for them still being available to buy today.
14:43, Mon 26 Oct
DES
DES
Trojan did more for race relations than anything in this country before or since, THEY WERE THE PIONEERS🤣🕺

Kro

I was watching a documentary on Desmond Decker, it’s hard to believe he hung around with skinheads in the clubs.

It’s also one of the reasons Bob Marley left the wailers as Bunny Wailer didn’t like the idea of performing to people he considered blasphemous.

Bob ignored him and the rest is history.
DES
08:58, Tue 27 Oct
Clapton
DES

Kro

I was watching a documentary on Desmond Decker, it’s hard to believe he hung around with skinheads in the clubs.

It’s also one of the reasons Bob Marley left the wailers as Bunny Wailer didn’t like the idea of performing to people he considered blasphemous.

Not sure why you should say that Clapton, it was skinheads that took reggae from West Indian house parties to top of the pops, and with greatest respect to mods, rockers, hippies, Skins was the first youth culture that embraced black & white working class people in it.
#Brum skins rule ok!
13:42, Tue 27 Oct
DES

Kro

Bob ignored him and the rest is history.
Bunny Wailer sings the Wailers is a great record.

Also all you old bastards stuck in the past....Babylon is on Amazon prime....cracking film
DES
19:39, Tue 27 Oct
Babylon, is that about the Spaghetti house siege?

KRO
20:28, Tue 27 Oct
DES
No, that ones a play for today, currently on iPlayer.

DES, do you have an opinion on Brutus shirts?
20:45, Tue 27 Oct
On subject of Play for Today, good one on tonight on BBC4 from ‘79 - “Just a Boys Game”
21:33, Tue 27 Oct
On subject of Play for Today, good one on tonight on BBC4 from ‘79 - “Just a Boys Game”

👍