23:24, Sun 25 Oct
Evening all,

With football manager 21 due to be released in 4 weeks, I'm just wondering who everyone is thinking about starting their first save with.

I'm looking at a save that can last 10/15 seasons but cant decide who to start as.
23:36, Sun 25 Oct
I'm really boring and only ever play as Blues. I did mess about with creating a club this year, starting out in the conference which was fun.
00:03, Mon 26 Oct
I seemingly always do a Solihull Moors save
07:10, Mon 26 Oct
I always start in League 2 or National League, I do scan through the clubs first to find one which ones have some decent young players to coach & improve & look to build the team around them.
07:13, Mon 26 Oct
I always do blues too. Very rarely don’t get us promoted first season
08:05, Mon 26 Oct
BigJam
I did this for FM 2020, lost in the play off final to Aldershot first season. Find it so hard to get out of that league as there’s only 1 automatic spot.
10:37, Mon 26 Oct
I’m usually Blues for a good few months and then try to do a journeyman save

Last year I did a River Plate save and it was mental. The way the league is structured And their champions league works is brilliantly mad

For this years first save I’m going to go for one of the following:

Southampton
Kidderminster
Real Murcia
Zenit
10:41, Mon 26 Oct
I am a tight chunt, so only purchased FM20 about a week ago.

Downloaded all the skins, facepacks, logos etc I could find. ( I hate it looking basic from original format)

Then installed a transfer update as of a week ago, which has all the teams up to date and promotions/relegations etc.

Therefore I dont need FM21 :-)

Cost me £10.99
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
10:55, Mon 26 Oct
TinaTractor
I always do blues too. Very rarely don’t get us promoted first season

My first choice would obviously be blues but a bit put off after an incident I had this year.

I waited until the winter update so we had hogan, after 20 games I had 30 odd points, then I went on a great run, after 45 games I was 2nd, had to beat millwall to get automatic promotion, was 3 nil up and my game crashed. Stupidly threw my coffee cup over laptop as when it crashed, I cant get back in to a save (unrealistic, wont get same result etc..)

Take blues save to heart too much haha
11:00, Mon 26 Oct
MacAttack
I’m usually Blues for a good few months and then try to do a journeyman save

Last year I did a River Plate save and it was mental. The way the league is structured And their champions league works is brilliantly mad

For this years first save I’m going to go for one of the following:

Southampton
Kidderminster
Real Murcia
Zenit

Every year I get the new fm and I always aim to do just 1 save so it's very realistic, retire after 40 odd years and wait till the new fm comes out. I only ever get to the 3rd season and want to try a different club due to new transfers, different ideas etc..

I'm determined to do that on fm21 but struggling to decide who to start as..

Either Blues, sheff wednesday, everton or spurs
11:03, Mon 26 Oct
BigJam
I did this for FM 2020, lost in the play off final to Aldershot first season. Find it so hard to get out of that league as there’s only 1 automatic spot.

It’s not that hard to get out of the National League.

442, big striker and a pacy forward, early crosses, get stuck in and a bit of long ball.
11:46, Mon 26 Oct
Bluemarc81
I am a tight chunt, so only purchased FM20 about a week ago.

Downloaded all the skins, facepacks, logos etc I could find. ( I hate it looking basic from original format)

Then installed a transfer update as of a week ago, which has all the teams up to date and promotions/relegations etc.

Therefore I dont need FM21 :-)

Cost me £10.99

I have done all that too... But the changes to FM21 look really good.
11:47, Mon 26 Oct
yea they do, and considering how much I played in lockdown, £25 is excellent value for money
In recent years I tend to start off unemployed and see who comes knocking, sometimes I even think would I moved to say...Grimsby...and decide on the taking the job then.

I also recently found a good generator that picks a team and style for you to play, for the more indecisive times. Some are pretty funny
12:10, Mon 26 Oct
When did people start calling it a save? Is it not called a game in. case it sounds like it's not real?