13:27, Mon 26 Oct
I find playing three centre halves and having a decent set piece taker can work wonders at non league level. Choosing an affiliate club from a higher league is also very useful.

I got Dover promoted using the above approach and then took the Pompey job.
@stevanderman
13:41, Mon 26 Oct
I've just had the best save on FM20 I've ever had.

I started as Luton and had a season and a half of mid table security. Was then hired by Huddersfield, winning the Championship on the way to 3 solid Premier League seasons.

England then came calling and I was the national manager for 2 years. Won the 2026 World Cup and then resigned. Really struggled to find a job after this and had to settle for Rangers. Finished second to Celtic in my first half season and then was joint top in my second season before leaving to join West Ham.

I am still at West Ham now with a very decent squad in the 2028/29 season and they have just been taken over by some rich owners who have just bought two quality players for me without it affecting my transfer or wage budget. Can't wait for FM21
13:47, Mon 26 Oct
I'm still engrossed in a FM20 save so I don't think i'll start on FM21 from release date.

I started with Palermo in Serie D and since then I've managed Milan, Man City and my current job is with Atletico in 2033.
15:06, Mon 26 Oct
Roman

I started as Luton and had a season and a half of mid table security. Was then hired by Huddersfield, winning the Championship on the way to 3 solid Premier League seasons.

England then came calling and I was the national manager for 2 years. Won the 2026 World Cup and then resigned. Really struggled to find a job after this and had to settle for Rangers. Finished second to Celtic in my first half season and then was joint top in my second season before leaving to join West Ham.

I am still at West Ham now with a very decent squad in the 2028/29 season and they have just been taken over by some rich owners who have just bought two quality players for me without it affecting my transfer or wage budget. Can't wait for FM21

That sounds like a class save mate. Where did you finish in the prem in your 3 seasons with huddersfield?
Also, how long does it take you to do 1 season? All in all takes me about 3 weeks, I make sure I've gone over every detail, average 1 match per hour or so
15:22, Mon 26 Oct
ive got Blues consistently in the champions league places in 2027. havent been offered a job elsewhere which is weird but id only consider the England job anyway tbh

been embroiled in a pretty bitter war with Man Utd trying to get Jude Bellingham back. at the minute they want £178m
i wanna live outside, live outside of all of this
15:48, Mon 26 Oct
I normally do blues straight off just to see how all the new players get on then I do a career save as a lower league manager, I havent enjoyed fm2020 much although currently managing weymouth and just missed out on promotion from national league south in the playoffs
16:01, Mon 26 Oct
I'm thinking about doing a 4 week save until the new fm comes out but dont know who to be, I like long term saves so thinking it's a bit pointless as in 4 weeks I'll probably only get 2 seasons done
16:10, Mon 26 Oct
Got a Friend in me
Roman

That sounds like a class save mate. Where did you finish in the prem in your 3 seasons with huddersfield?
Also, how long does it take you to do 1 season? All in all takes me about 3 weeks, I make sure I've gone over every detail, average 1 match per hour or so

From memory I finished 13th, 10th and 8th in that order.

About the same to finish a season. I've got 3 kids though so I am sometimes restricted with playing time.
16:10, Mon 26 Oct
God
When did people start calling it a save? Is it not called a game in. case it sounds like it's not real?

Always called it a save, as long as I can remember.

The game is what you play, the save is the particular running of the game you are playing
16:37, Mon 26 Oct
I still play FM12. The best version of the game (so much effing around with all sorts of nonsense in the editions after that IMO). Play the other editions every now and then but that FM12 won't be beaten for me and Blues are in Europe on it as well.

Best save I've had on that in recent times was taking an arse end of the Conference North Solihull Moors to League One in successive season, missing out on promotion to the Championship in a play-off penalty shoot-out and taking the Blues who had slipped into League One and bringing us back to the Premier League in two seasons.

Then my laptop crashed and I had to reboot the whole thing, losing the save. I nearly cried.
16:41, Mon 26 Oct
El Mayor
God
When did people start calling it a save? Is it not called a game in. case it sounds like it's not real?

Always called it a save, as long as I can remember.

The game is what you play, the save is the particular running of the game you are playing

It used to say save game. Save was the verb, game was the noun.

You're all mental.
17:36, Mon 26 Oct
HackneyBlue
yea they do, and considering how much I played in lockdown, £25 is excellent value for money

Pre-order done today... Bring on the beta!!
18:02, Mon 26 Oct
I usually do very similar saves most years

1. Blues first of course. The aim is to do the Prem and Champions League double.

2. Lower league team next. Usually Solihull Moors but could be anyone below League 2. Aim is to get to the Premier League.

3. Athletic Bilbao. For anyone who doesn't know they have a great transfer policy where they can only buy players from their region. Imagine Blues only buying players from the West Midlands. Aim is to break up the Barca/Real/Atletico dominance.

4. Choose a league I've never managed in before. This year I went for Belgium.

5. Journeyman. Start unemployed and then just see what happens.
What tactics does everybody use?

Are you an attacking manager and try to score loads of goals?
Or do you play defensive and try and keep it solid?

My main formation is 3-4-3 positive, try to keep the ball as much as possible and press high, I also put my wingers onto man mark the full back and tell my striker to mark the centre halves, makes the opposition go long and with 3 centre backs I win the ball back and start again.

Sometimes play 4-3-3 but concede too many goals due to pushing wing backs high.
19:05, Mon 26 Oct
I’m currently at Southampton employing Gegenpress in a 4231 formation with wingbacks and inside forwards. 10 games in since the restart with updated transfers etc and haven’t lost yet.