08:47, Fri 20 Nov
Lots of people were watching their parcel delivery, only for the parcel to go missing.

My lad had a new PS4 last year. We took out an extended warranty. It's failed twice. The last time it took 6 weeks for them to repair. It came back with the same fault. To apologise they're swapping it for a PS5. Result.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:20, Fri 20 Nov
Scarface
I think eBay should ban the sale of brand new sealed consoles like this and the new X Box. Parents have enough to fork out over the Christmas period without arseholes snapping them all up to sell on at a tidy profit.

Completely agree.

Bloke at work bought an Xbox at launch and flipped it for £250 profit 12 hours later.

It's the same with ticket resales, they've clamped down on that a bit at least.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:52, Fri 20 Nov
Managed to preorder one from Argos for the Mrs. She has the next 17 days off work I don't think she'll be moving for the duration.
09:58, Fri 20 Nov
I'll be putting my second PS5 on fleabay to make a decent profit.

And no, I'm not kidding.
10:46, Fri 20 Nov
I've been playing "next gen" gaming for the past 4 years.
It's called "PC"

I owned a PS4 (didn't fall for the PS4 pro rubbish) and will not be buying a PS5.
This generation of consoles has made me realise how much console players fall for marketing.
12:19, Fri 20 Nov
Jameron Cerome
I've been playing "next gen" gaming for the past 4 years.
It's called "PC"

I owned a PS4 (didn't fall for the PS4 pro rubbish) and will not be buying a PS5.
This generation of consoles has made me realise how much console players fall for marketing.

#pcmasterrace

Yup me too. I built the other half a decent gaming rig from old parts I had laying around, It's sat gathering dust for a year now. I just don't get it.
12:31, Fri 20 Nov
Yeah, been steadily upgrading mine over the last 6 months, new curved monitor 1440p and yesterday the RTX 3070 arrived and I'm done - easily as good as the lads series x.
12:33, Fri 20 Nov
Agree with that, I've got a decent 'gaming PC' but sitting at my desk playing games is toss.

Much rather be on the settee with me Xbox loike.
12:39, Fri 20 Nov
Im waiting patiently for the TI version of the 3080 before I take the plunge. Although the new AMD cards look tempting.
12:46, Fri 20 Nov
PC is in the dining room, love it - sit here at night with a beer, reading this or playing games or catching up with the news - pretty much stopped watching tv apart from the football and a rare filum.
12:46, Fri 20 Nov
crude

And no, I'm not kidding.

Booooo!

What if parents without much cash had managed to scrape together £450 to get a PS5 for their kids Christmas present and then couldn’t get them one at all because you wanted your free £200 on top as well?!

Unless you’re struggling financially yourself it’s just pure selfishness.
12:47, Fri 20 Nov
Im waiting patiently for the TI version of the 3080 before I take the plunge. Although the new AMD cards look tempting.

Think the ti 3060 is out December 2nd. Looked at the 3080 but for what I do, 3070 is spot on. It's made a huge difference too, graphics are amazing.
13:06, Fri 20 Nov
Scarface
crude

And no, I'm not kidding.

Booooo!

What if parents without much cash had managed to scrape together £450 to get a PS5 for their kids Christmas present and then couldn’t get them one at all because you wanted your free £200 on top as well?!

Unless you’re struggling financially yourself it’s just pure selfishness.

Oddly, I scraped together enough to get two- with planning back in March.

Fortunately for us, we live in a capitalist environment. I'm selling one to cover some of the cost of the one my lad now has for Christmas.

I take it you're not interested? Yours for £800. Postage extra.
13:29, Fri 20 Nov
had mine on pre-order since september with amazon. just about to order the 4k TV for the man cave too. I've not gone for any games yet as I'm waiting on cyberpunk on 10th december. so to pass the time im playing some of the free ps plus collection games i have missed out on.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:45, Fri 20 Nov
I don't see the point of it all really. I know some people get obsessive about being early adopters but the way I look at it there is barely a library of games available and most are out on the PS4. At this stage, the difference in graphics will be will negligible and this is the most expensive the console will ever be. There's also the probability that the initial consoles have issues that will be ironed out in a year's time - the release day PS4 fan springs to mind.

IMO, much better to wait a year when the price is cheaper, the console performs better, and developers have gotten a better handle on its capabilities.

Anyone paying more than the release price on ebay is blooming stupid.