21:57, Fri 20 Nov
I'm not getting frustrated about those taking advantage, I'm frustrated at the dicks who fall for it and pay the prices - said that more than once as well.
22:05, Fri 20 Nov
I've seen people selling pre orders on Currys. On eBay.

No console...just a pre order voucher. Massive red flag.
05:58, Sat 21 Nov
According to his Instagram our very own JCS has managed to get his hands on 6 of them.

Maybe he'll sell you one?
07:08, Sat 21 Nov
Bluesince62
I'm not getting frustrated about those taking advantage, I'm frustrated at the dicks who fall for it and pay the prices - said that more than once as well.

I just don't get it. People paying £800+ acting like it's a life or death situation. It's a fecking PS5 FFS. There will be more in a month. If you ask me £450 is a joke for a console. And people complain that they don't have enough money but they're so eager to piss it away on consumerism.
13:41, Sat 21 Nov
👍 Then they'll unironically moan to their mates 'Got one but got ripped off, had to pay double the price!' not realising that they themselves are the problem, not the opportunists flogging them to them.
13:46, Sat 21 Nov
I'm buying a new TV this week, I want to get a PS5 after Christmas when it dies down but want to make sure new TV is future proofed for the PS5.

What do I need? Is it 4k? Anything specific?

I'm not buying a top of the range TV but want something that's going to make sure I'm not missing out on the point of getting a PS5.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
13:53, Sat 21 Nov
Yeah 4k preferably with HDR10 support. My lad has the xbox series x (which will be the same requirements as yours) and he says gaming in full 4k and full HD is amazing. The tv we got him is by no means top of the range either. Want me to give you the model number?
14:09, Sat 21 Nov
Yes please pal.

I saw a 55 inch LG with 4K UHD for £429 on Amazon, I have no idea if that’s any good or whether the 4K UHD is what I need. It’s a complicated market to shop.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
14:22, Sat 21 Nov
OK give me a couple of mins, it's only a 43" as it's for his bedroom but they do a 55 to I think.
14:34, Sat 21 Nov
Hello mate it's this one actually. Whether or not you get this brand, as long as the specs match this, you will be fine - his is the 43" and cost about £269 (Tesco were doing an offer at the time) so pretty cheap yet great picture quality, features and connectivity...[ao.com]
16:39, Sat 21 Nov
Cheers!

It's out of stock at the minute, do you know if this one has the same features you were on about?

[smile.amazon.co.uk]
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
17:07, Sat 21 Nov
Had to go on the LG site as the amazon description wasn't in depth enough.
Firstly, LG make the best panels (a lot of other brands such as MSI etc actually just buy the panels in from LG, their nano pixel technology is the best) so that's the first plus point (we've got an LG oled as a main TV).
Short answer is yes, got everything you need there, assuming the PS5 is the same as the xbox, support for HDR10 is a must and it's got it. Good choice! 👍
17:34, Sat 21 Nov
Bela's About
Yes please pal.

I saw a 55 inch LG with 4K UHD for £429 on Amazon, I have no idea if that’s any good or whether the 4K UHD is what I need. It’s a complicated market to shop.

If you really want it to be future proofed then you need the HDMI 2.1 connection mentioned by someone else. More £££. Whether there's a major difference to run games in the future at 120 Hz remains to be seen but it is a thing. (possibly a gimmick as some mention). Game developers will be creating new games with this in mind. Seen a vid by a streamer say the PS5 running at that is close to the graphics the high end gaming PCs run at now.
18:13, Sat 21 Nov
This is what’s needed to maximise the ps5

[twitter.com]
18:40, Sat 21 Nov
Bela's About
Yes please pal.

If you really want it to be future proofed then you need the HDMI 2.1 connection mentioned by someone else. More £££. Whether there's a major difference to run games in the future at 120 Hz remains to be seen but it is a thing. (possibly a gimmick as some mention). Game developers will be creating new games with this in mind. Seen a vid by a streamer say the PS5 running at that is close to the graphics the high end gaming PCs run at now.

Thing is, at £269 (what I paid for the lads tv) I'm ok with that only being up to date for a couple of years. From what I've seen, current 4k/60hz gaming on a tv is plenty good enough - I'm really not convinced that 120hz will be all that noticeable on current games - and this is from someone with a pretty up to date gaming pc.