22:13, Fri 20 Nov
He will if we bring in a better striker. One that is more consistent.
22:38, Fri 20 Nov
In fact, the one comparison between Wee Aitor Krankie and a former Blues manager is with our old chum, Wurzel. He'd never play a winger with Jukey, leading to Jukey never scoring. Come to think of it, I preferred watching the Blues under Wurzel than Krankie. At least Wurzel's clownish, buffoon-like efforts had a comedic value. We are in the entertainment business, after all!
22:40, Fri 20 Nov
Blimey.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:56, Fri 20 Nov
Long time lurker of this forum, thought i'd make an account to share my views after tonight...

Im a big fan of Juke, but i think we'd be much more effective if we didnt play with inverted wingers

With Juke in the team, the game plan should be for the wingers to beat the full backs and stand the ball up to the back post

Put sanchez on the left, bela on the right and start getting the balls into the box
22:58, Fri 20 Nov
Keep posting 👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:13, Fri 20 Nov
_RyArn
Long time lurker of this forum, thought i'd make an account to share my views after tonight...

Im a big fan of Juke, but i think we'd be much more effective if we didnt play with inverted wingers

With Juke in the team, the game plan should be for the wingers to beat the full backs and stand the ball up to the back post

Put sanchez on the left, bela on the right and start getting the balls into the box

It really is that simple isn’t it!? I don’t understand why we aren’t doing this.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
23:28, Fri 20 Nov
Thanks, I will do 👍

While I'm here I'll also add... Friend is not a left back. I dont remember seeing him succesfully make a forward pass, or a throw in for that matter. He's probably one of the most awkward footballers I've ever seen.

It may be fair enough that he possesses leadership qualities and has the ability to organize the defence, but full backs are important attacking features in the modern game...Pederson isnt amazing at going forward but is there any reason Friend was chosen over him?
23:31, Fri 20 Nov
Agreed
23:32, Fri 20 Nov
Friend played well at LB tbh. Bombed forward better than Pedersen does.
23:52, Fri 20 Nov
In fact, the one comparison between Wee Aitor Krankie and a former Blues manager is with our old chum, Wurzel. He'd never play a winger with Jukey, leading to Jukey never scoring. Come to think of it, I preferred watching the Blues under Wurzel than Krankie. At least Wurzel's clownish, buffoon-like efforts had a comedic value. We are in the entertainment business, after all!

Wurzel?

Do you mean Cotterill?

You would rather have a bloke that bombed Che Adams out than Karanka?

There’s a whiff around here
@Bluewurst1875
23:56, Fri 20 Nov
It's fine bombing on at left back, but he doesn't have the quality when he gets there

I dont know how many times he tried to meg a coventry player, but after the third failed attempt you'd think he'd realise he doesnt have it in his locker 😂
23:59, Fri 20 Nov
Slow spine: Roberts, Dean, San Jose, Toral, McGree, Juke.

We have few that can go past a player, including Bela, San Jose, Leko and Collin.

Roberts isn’t slow

McGree certainly isn’t slow, he’s got proper pace

We seen flashes of it tonight
@Bluewurst1875
00:02, Sat 21 Nov
Even if your not involved in the attack, over lapping the winger and pushing on can give the defending full backs all kinds of things to think about and can open up space for the winger to either cut inside and shoot or pass to the forward or other attacking players.

Pedersen doesn’t do it often enough therefor we can’t overload and stretch play in wide areas and really only play infront of the defence a lot of the time which is easy to play against.
00:09, Sat 21 Nov
How many times did that happen tonight though? I cant really remember Bela or Sanchez putting a decent cross into the box

If they had switched wings I think theyd have put better balls in, if they couldnt beat the man, the option to turn back and give it to Friend or Colin couldve been there

All I'm saying is, if it was me defending against us, I wouldnt worry about an overlapping Friend as I'd be fairly confident he'd fall over his own feet before getting the cross in 😂
00:11, Sat 21 Nov
Bela's About
_RyArn

It really is that simple isn’t it!? I don’t understand why we aren’t doing this.

Watch MoTD this weekend. See how many times it doesn't happen.