08:11, Sat 21 Nov
David Xavis
If we win that 1-0 everyone is happy.

Would they though?

People would be content with getting a result, but would anybody have been happy with what they saw?

This is the point that people are making and a few said the same after Huddersfield. Even a win wouldn't paper over the cracks of Karanka's lack of bottle.

People keep mentioning the fixture congestion but if we're making 1 sub from a possible 5 then we can't complain about keeping things fresh.

It's just so painful to watch. After losing back to back we've had 2 weeks to prepare for a game against yet another newly promoted side and what is our lofty ambition for the fixture? Not to concede.

They've got the worst defensive record in the league ffs. We need to show a bit more ambition than just being happy not to concede. We could be 1 game in, 5 games, 11 games or 100 games. The lack of ambition and bottle has been laid bare for everybody to see. It's criminally negative and its gone from being an exciting new dawn to just feeling like the season is over already.
08:11, Sat 21 Nov
David Xavis
It’s going to be very hard to settle on the same team as there are so many games.

Back to the 4-2-3-1 tonight, was clear AK wanted to make sure we kept a clean sheet first and foremost.

Frustrating not to win, it was boring but realistically we should have won the game on balance of chances created.

Karanka needs time, not 11 games or whatever it has been. This is a HUGE job. There is clearly a strategy and I doubt we will see the fruits of any attacking evolution until the second half of the season or maybe next season when we have better quality in the 10 and upfront to be honest.

Yep, I’m 100% keeping the faith 👍
08:13, Sat 21 Nov
David Xavis
It’s going to be very hard to settle on the same team as there are so many games.

Back to the 4-2-3-1 tonight, was clear AK wanted to make sure we kept a clean sheet first and foremost.

Frustrating not to win, it was boring but realistically we should have won the game on balance of chances created.

Karanka needs time, not 11 games or whatever it has been. This is a HUGE job. There is clearly a strategy and I doubt we will see the fruits of any attacking evolution until the second half of the season or maybe next season when we have better quality in the 10 and upfront to be honest.

Absolutely agree.....( my post just above yours ).
Who painted Rosie's knickers blue and white ?
08:16, Sat 21 Nov
LH_4
David Xavis

Would they though?

People would be content with getting a result, but would anybody have been happy with what they saw?

This is the point that people are making and a few said the same after Huddersfield. Even a win wouldn't paper over the cracks of Karanka's lack of bottle.

People keep mentioning the fixture congestion but if we're making 1 sub from a possible 5 then we can't complain about keeping things fresh.

It's just so painful to watch. After losing back to back we've had 2 weeks to prepare for a game against yet another newly promoted side and what is our lofty ambition for the fixture? Not to concede.

They've got the worst defensive record in the league ffs. We need to show a bit more ambition than just being happy not to concede. We could be 1 game in, 5 games, 11 games or 100 games. The lack of ambition and bottle has been laid bare for everybody to see. It's criminally negative and its gone from being an exciting new dawn to just feeling like the season is over already.

Just a reminder that Juke missed 3 golden opportunities and McGree should have scored too.
08:20, Sat 21 Nov
Pragmatism will always be seen as successful if your organised and hard to beat, compared to what was seen beforehand.

It is what it is. Karanka is a defensive manager. We won’t see a total change in philosophy from what we have now (this is his philosophy). We will be hard to beat and organised but we won’t win any plaudits on our style of play.
08:20, Sat 21 Nov
Juke was out only attacking threat, we need to be a bit more inventive than that. The amount of times he was literally the only player in the box.
08:22, Sat 21 Nov
Golden opportunities?

He fluffed his lines in the first half but the one where he hit his head, the keeper saved it and what is the third? That slice where the ball went behind him?

Christ. If Coventry never had a goalkeeper then we'd have won it.

The fact that neither Bela, Juke or Sanchez were taken off in some sort of attempt to liven us up going forward, sums up Karanka. No fresh legs in midfield, just Toral instead of Mcgree which is probably a downgrade if anything.
08:25, Sat 21 Nov
We will be.
But as someone else said , he puts one of those chances away and we take 3 points
with less people writing the manager off.
08:27, Sat 21 Nov
LH_4
Golden opportunities?

He fluffed his lines in the first half but the one where he hit his head, the keeper saved it and what is the third? That slice where the ball went behind him?

The fact that neither Bela, Juke or Sanchez were taken off in some sort of attempt to liven us up going forward, sums up Karanka. No fresh legs in midfield, just Toral instead of Mcgree which is probably a downgrade if anything.

With hindsight we'd win every single game.
08:34, Sat 21 Nov
LH_4
David Xavis

Would they though?

Exactly my thoughts
08:39, Sat 21 Nov
generalBlue
LH_4
Golden opportunities?

With hindsight we'd win every single game.

Hindsight?

Read the match thread or any opinion on social media during the game.

Everyone wanted them on last night.

It's got nothing to do with hindsight.
08:46, Sat 21 Nov
I am surprised many are moaning so much at Karanka's tactics, this isn't anything new for him. He got results based on dour football whilst spending loads at Boro and, to a lesser extent, Forest. He hadn't had that luxury at Blues so far.

For all those who want him gone etc he still needs time. For all those who said all we needed was a decent manager/ coach Karanka hasn't exactly pulled the team up like Monk and Rowett initially did. Playing for a point isn't making the team better.

Next transfer window will be interesting
08:48, Sat 21 Nov
Not sure what your profession is but I assume you don't get paid to manage or coach a professional football club.
I don't either BTW.
We all like to convince ourselves and others that we know better than the manager.
Before the game when the line -up is announced we'd maybe tweak it. As the game progresses we'd change this and that.
After the game , with the benefit of hindsight, we'd change lots of things that just happened.
Unfortunately we can't.
Karanka wouldn't take any notice of me, that's for sure.
I'd bet that he wouldn't agree with you either.

.... " everyone " wanted " them " on.????

Who on ?
At what point ?
Who was going off ?
What formation were we gonna change to ?
If we'd scored after 2 changes how should we then play ?
Should we then bring on another defender ?
etc etc etc
08:51, Sat 21 Nov
Scoobers
I am surprised many are moaning so much at Karanka's tactics, this isn't anything new for him. He got results based on dour football whilst spending loads at Boro and, to a lesser extent, Forest. He hadn't had that luxury at Blues so far.

For all those who want him gone etc he still needs time. For all those who said all we needed was a decent manager/ coach Karanka hasn't exactly pulled the team up like Monk and Rowett initially did. Playing for a point isn't making the team better.

Next transfer window will be interesting

👍
09:03, Sat 21 Nov
Should be getting a better tune out of that enseble.

Finger out AK, youve had your honeymoon.

I honestly believe its the best squad we've had in a decade (I'll credit it him for that).