09:10, Sat 21 Nov
'Them' as in subs. The things we were allowed 5 of.

At a time when it's incredibly congested and in a landmark fixture where 5 subs are allowed for the first time, I think it's ridiculous to suggest that it's only hindsight that making a substitution would've been a good idea.

Once again, it shows that Karanka was happy with the way things were going and possibly emphasises that he was happy with a 0-0. He even said after the game that he didn't want to risk bringing a sub on.

You don't need to be a professional football manager to think that the team may have needed freshening up after not having a shot on goal until the 65th/70th minute.
09:15, Sat 21 Nov
I think fans would have a lot more patience for Karanka if we were playing half decent football whilst drawing/losing with the odd win.
Didnt we have a terrible start under Monk? But the fans could see we were playing much better and just waited for it to 'click'

Karanka's football is unwatchable for the majority. We don't even look like scoring, that's why people concentrate so much on 'that one chance' etc. All this getting us solid at the back first is nonsense imo, he should be aiming to be tight at the back AND being a threat going forward.

For him to be happy with a 0-0 shows a lack of ambition and confidence in the squad. Crowley, Leko, Hogan sat on the bench unused because he was worried about conceding.
09:16, Sat 21 Nov
I hear what you say.
So ....

You said ... " everyone " wanted " them " on.????

Who on ?
At what point ?
Who was going off ?
What formation were we gonna change to ?
If we'd scored after 2 changes how should we then play ?
Should we then bring on another defender ?

I'm interested in your thoughts.
Who painted Rosie's knickers blue and white ?
09:23, Sat 21 Nov
This is nothing new with him though. He'll get some results with it. With better players he'd probably get even more better results playing the same way.
09:27, Sat 21 Nov
I’ve not really got a problem with the style of play, I’m starting to worry about his constant changing of system and last nights shambles when it came to subs.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:36, Sat 21 Nov
I knew he was a defensive manager but I've gotta admit, I wasnt expecting it to be this bad.
09:36, Sat 21 Nov
I wouldn't necessarily changed the shape, just new players coming in to give us fresh legs and less predictability.

For starters I'd have bought on Crowley instead of Toral, who I thought gave us nothing.

Gardner was probably our best player prior to the international break and has looked like being our main source of goals throughout the season so far. Considering his energy his best attribute, I'd have bought him for Sunjic or MSJ, with the former having a poor game and the latter looking very tired.

There was a clamour on Twitter for Crowley to come on but not sure there were many on here saying the same, but there was constant calls for Leko and also Hogan to a lesser extent. We weren't crossing the ball much so as Coventry were throwing on attacking bodies and looking to go for it, would've left more space behind for Leko or Hogan to exploit.

Those subs are my opinion, but I still maintain that throughout the game on here and on social media (where the opinions are much more easily followed when you're not at the game live) there were constant calls to change it up.

So what if we score a goal or two, why would we need to then change the formation or system again? In the main they're like for like changes in the same system, which we finished with anyway.
10:09, Sat 21 Nov
On the forum, the first hint that all might not be well came at 19.50.😂

We were sitting to deep, then when we got it we just heaved it forward and then ambled out just right to be caught with a simple ball over the top.

And it didn’t get any better. At one point 3 of our players decided to have a one touch 5 aside game in the centre circle.

Eventually when all else failed we brought Toral on, presumably to show the other 91 league clubs that he’s been on loan at that they were wrong.
10:12, Sat 21 Nov
Fair play.
I was surprised that Gardner didn't start and I agree he's been our most consistent player.
Also Crowley on maybe ..... but for Sanchez ?
Leko on for McGree was also a thought ?
I wondered about Juke off and Hogan on too ?
Plus another dozen or more possibilities.
That's the beauty of this game , there are hundreds of permutations from a match day squad of 18 outfield players,
particularly with 5 subs allowed and we'd never all agree on exactly the line up, the formation, the subs, the timing of those subs and that's without taking into account injuries, yellow and red cards, players rowing, coaches disagreeing.

Some people insist that we should keep the same starting 11 each game - almost impossible with the frequency of matches.
Some want 3-5-2
Some want 4-3-2-1
Some want 4-3-3.

Karanka is here for the forseeable future.
He'll do it his way and hopefully all Blues fans will see continued progress with some decent football to watch too.
There's an element of deja vu about where we are.
Keep the faith !
10:18, Sat 21 Nov
Micky Darrell
On the forum, the first hint that all might not be well came at 19.50.😂

😁😁😜
10:18, Sat 21 Nov
TrickyBlue
I knew he was a defensive manager but I've gotta admit, I wasnt expecting it to be this bad.

We could go back to being toothless going forward and conceding 3 at home every week ?

It’s a 3 year plan. He’s got us solid and over the next 5 or 6 transfer windows we’ll use the Jude money to invest in match winners I’m Sure.
10:22, Sat 21 Nov
TrickyBlue

This. I'm shocked at what it's like - I've seen Karanka's teams before but I'm not convinced they were as negative and inept at possession football as we are right now.

Perhaps it wouldn't be quite so bad if our defending was out of this world, but it's not. Take a look at our defensive record, it's not that great at all.

If the strategy was to focus on getting tight at the back, then once this had been established (after the team had bedded in) to focus on getting more possession, playing some attractive football and working on our attacking threat, then fair enough. But it's apparently not. He's playing a purely defensive strategy with barely any attacking intent whatsoever - at home, against weaker sides, whatever.

If you draw 10 games you get 10 points. You only need to win 4 out of 10 games to exceed this tally. It pays to try to win when you get three points for a win - even if you lose a little more than you win.
10:22, Sat 21 Nov
Let’s hope it comes good in 3 years and we can get promotion back into League 1 !
10:23, Sat 21 Nov
Dolph
It’s a 3 year plan. He’s got us solid and over the next 5 or 6 transfer windows we’ll use the Jude money to invest in match winners I’m Sure.

a) There is no such thing as a three year plan at this level of football - especially with no fans in the ground.

b) We are not solid. Look at our goals conceded/clean sheet tally, it's not particularly impressive.
10:28, Sat 21 Nov
I think we had a fairly recent " clean sheet " ? .....I could be wrong 🤷‍♀️😊