00:06, Sat 21 Nov
Karhanka Marvin
1875KRO
Bluewurst
BromsgroveBlues
Too many have no patience.

The guy has had 3 months ffs.

So much better than end of last season.

Any chance we can let the guy build something?

What's better?

A very marginal upturn in points per game?

It's all well and good saying we've got better at the back but at the expense of barely scoring a goal from open play then it's not good enough

We're not getting gubbed but look about as likely to win a game of football under Karanka as we did under Pep

That’s just abject nonsense.

Under pep we were getting gunned week in week out

Were we? Weren’t we 16th before the club bizarrely decided to announce his departure before the seasons conclusion. Surely we’d have been bottom if we were getting “gunned week in week out”?

38. Round 20/06/2020 15:00 A West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 0:0 (0:0)
39. Round 27/06/2020 15:00 H Hull City Hull City 3:3 (0:2)
40. Round 01/07/2020 18:00 H Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 0:3 (0:1)
41. Round 04/07/2020 15:00 A Fulham FC Fulham FC 0:1 (0:0)
42. Round 08/07/2020 18:00 H Swansea City Swansea City 1:3 (1:2)
43. Round 12/07/2020 13:30 A Stoke City Stoke City 0:2 (0:2)
44. Round 15/07/2020 18:00 H Charlton Athletic Charlton Athletic 1:1 (0:0)
45. Round 18/07/2020 15:00 A Preston North End Preston North End 0:2 (0:1)
46. Round 22/07/2020 19:30 H Derby County Derby County 1:3 (0:1)

Results post-lockdown 1. 2 draws, 7 losses.

We were getting effing TONKED every effing week!!!!!!

For starters Stoke, Preston and Derby were nothing to do with Pep. We took two bad beatings under Pep in that set of results, after it was announced he would be leaving, players naturally downed tools. It was massive mistake and a total shambles. If you’re trying to claim that Karanka deserves credit for bettering that, then I don’t know where to start. Half of those games were overseen by an outgoing manager and the other half by a duo with absolutely zero managerial pedigree. The bar is ridiculously low to beat.

Before lockdown and that bizarre announcement we’d just lost our first game in about 12-13 games under Pep. Whilst there were a lot of draws and it was a slightly overrated unbeaten run, it’s hardly conducive to getting “gunned” or “tonked” every week is it?
00:10, Sat 21 Nov
We conceded three at home three times in the bounce that were all to do with Pep

We didn’t win, we got away with a point to hull and Charlton, who were both utterly crap

The idea that the others were nothing to do with him is laughable really
@Bluewurst1875
00:14, Sat 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
LH_4
Rab C Nesbitt
We played better tonight than we did in both cup games last season.

We were horrendous in the cup games last season, so by default, being not quite as bad tonight is heralded as a positive then?
Well, yes.
And we played without a £25m wonder kid and England International

Yes, you're right.

Bellingham would've made a cracking third centre-back under Karanka.
00:18, Sat 21 Nov
You said we were getting gunned every game under Pep. Before the season paused, we’d just lost our first game in about 12, even with a lot of draws - that is a million miles from getting hammered every week. Your statement is totally inaccurate.

Yes we took 2 heavy losses under Pep after lockdown, but he was leaving and everyone knew it, how were the players ever going to play for him? It was an impossible situation. That’s on the decision makers at the club for not keeping it under wraps until at least we were mathematically safe. If you were leaving your job would you still be producing to the best of your abilities knowing you’re out the door in a few weeks, no matter what?

Also how can the three losses under Spooner/Gardner be anything to do with Pep? He was no longer at the club.
00:29, Sat 21 Nov
You're right mate. Karanka OUT - Pep IN!
00:36, Sat 21 Nov
Bluewurst
We conceded three at home three times in the bounce that were all to do with Pep

We didn’t win, we got away with a point to hull and Charlton, who were both utterly crap

Pep was nothing special, but if any one person was responsible more than any other for the end of season collapse it was Dong. For announcing Pep's departure early and making him a dead duck. For overseeing a chaotic recruitment policy that left the squad short on quality and numbers. Dong.
00:43, Sat 21 Nov
michael.minnis
Worse blues side ive seen in sixty years whats this manager doing one strker at home

BORING BORING BORING.

He's worse than McLeish. From 1966 to now this is the worst I have had to endure. The football is shit.
01:05, Sat 21 Nov
Jog on, that’s not the point I’m making.
07:05, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Bluewurst

Pep was nothing special, but if any one person was responsible more than any other for the end of season collapse it was Dong. For announcing Pep's departure early and making him a dead duck. For overseeing a chaotic recruitment policy that left the squad short on quality and numbers. Dong.

This. Fully expect Pep to move on and have a decent coaching career.

Experience will tell him though to avoid basket case clubs with suspect ownership & interfering football feckwits!
07:09, Sat 21 Nov
Worst Blues side in 60 years?! 🙈

It's not even the worst Blues side you've had to 'endure' in the last 6 months ffs!
07:44, Sat 21 Nov
michael.minnis
Worse blues side ive seen in sixty years whats this manager doing one strker at home

It's not the worst side but it's by far the most negative, boring and turgid.

What is so frustrating is we have some good, exciting and flair players.

I'm sorry but I want Karanka sacked. This is not entertainment, it's painful.
10:47, Sat 21 Nov
It’s almost as if people weren’t saying at the back end of last season “I’d take us nicking loads of games 1-0 rather than predicting we’re going to concede 2-3 goals evert game”.

Here we are, trying to nick a game 1-0 which we would’ve done except for a great save and a couple poor misses, and people are saying “I’d rather us go back to attacking football and conceding”.

Then people criticise the board for changing it up far too much and not letting anything settle.

I could swear some people just won’t ever be happy unless we’re winning every game by at least 2 goals
11:13, Sat 21 Nov
Only 2, feck that I want 4 every game 👍
11:29, Sat 21 Nov
mjd2505
Here we are, trying to nick a game 1-0 which we would’ve done except for a great save and a couple poor misses, and people are saying “I’d rather us go back to attacking football and conceding”.

Then people criticise the board for changing it up far too much and not letting anything settle.

I could swear some people just won’t ever be happy unless we’re winning every game by at least 2 goals

We had two decent managers, who were both sacked for reasons which we can only guess about. In between, the problem we had was ineptitude, the job seemed to be too big for the managers and it showed on the pitch where we lacked leadership, direction and discipline.

We hoped that Karanka would be the solution because it was clear that he wasn't inept, he had won promotion at this level and he would probably bring the organisation and discipline we had been lacking. But the problem now is that although he has brought a smattering of those things that we had expected, we have lurched from one extreme to the other.

We have sacrificed possession of the ball, attacking threat and any entertainment value on the altar of 'defensive solidity' yet unfortunately we're not actually that solid defensively.

To turn this around now, all that Karanka has to do is to balance things out. On top of being organised, hard-to-beat, disciplined etc he needs to somehow add an increase in our desire to win the game, to have more of the ball, to entertain just a little bit, to grind teams down by (as much as possible) not letting them have the ball and by putting it in the back of their net with aplomb.

The simple maths is all that he needs to understand - in a game where you get 1 point for a draw and three for a win, you need to balance out defence with attack. That's why they give three points for a win, to encourage teams to take a few risks and to play entertaining, attacking football as well as defending.

We had an idea of what to expect with Karanka, but he has taken the turgid, negative, anti-football, all-out-defence thing way too far and those of us who were delighted with his appointment are now left wondering WTF! How do Blues manage to get it so wrong so many times? How do we always make such a sow's ear out of a silk purse? We should not be playing for a draw against Cov at 'home' - they were poor and kept passing into touch for no reason. We should have taken them to the cleaners but once again Karanka's tactics, team selection and lack of subs were so incredibly negative that we nervously settled for a point in a game which we absolutely should have won at a canter.
12:53, Sat 21 Nov
TQ Blue
mjd2505

We had two decent managers, who were both sacked for reasons which we can only guess about. In between, the problem we had was ineptitude, the job seemed to be too big for the managers and it showed on the pitch where we lacked leadership, direction and discipline.

We hoped that Karanka would be the solution because it was clear that he wasn't inept, he had won promotion at this level and he would probably bring the organisation and discipline we had been lacking. But the problem now is that although he has brought a smattering of those things that we had expected, we have lurched from one extreme to the other.

We have sacrificed possession of the ball, attacking threat and any entertainment value on the altar of 'defensive solidity' yet unfortunately we're not actually that solid defensively.

To turn this around now, all that Karanka has to do is to balance things out. On top of being organised, hard-to-beat, disciplined etc he needs to somehow add an increase in our desire to win the game, to have more of the ball, to entertain just a little bit, to grind teams down by (as much as possible) not letting them have the ball and by putting it in the back of their net with aplomb.

The simple maths is all that he needs to understand - in a game where you get 1 point for a draw and three for a win, you need to balance out defence with attack. That's why they give three points for a win, to encourage teams to take a few risks and to play entertaining, attacking football as well as defending.

We had an idea of what to expect with Karanka, but he has taken the turgid, negative, anti-football, all-out-defence thing way too far and those of us who were delighted with his appointment are now left wondering WTF! How do Blues manage to get it so wrong so many times? How do we always make such a sow's ear out of a silk purse? We should not be playing for a draw against Cov at 'home' - they were poor and kept passing into touch for no reason. We should have taken them to the cleaners but once again Karanka's tactics, team selection and lack of subs were so incredibly negative that we nervously settled for a point in a game which we absolutely should have won at a canter.

I believe they only kept passing into touch because we were so defensively solid they had begun to get frustrated at their lack of opportunities up front.

Karanka isn’t immune to criticism I agree but also I strongly disagree with the “he needs to go” camp which I fear is going to get larger if we don’t shut them down. Nothing could be worse for the club right now than sacking Karanka.

We had the better chances and Juke didn’t take them. If he takes one, we win the game. Cov set up more defensively than usual against us hence it was even more of a turgid game, but when they swapped to their 3 back we looked by far the better side and we looked much better on the front foot.

I can understand criticism and I’m not trying to say I wasn’t bored because it’s not as entertaining as playing attacking football, but we don’t have the players to do it yet. Give him time and when we get better attacking players in, I’m sure we will start to look better. But this takes time. So I’m not at all on board with the “Karanka is walking a tightrope” gang.

You’re right. We need to stop going from extreme to extreme, change to change, and stick with something.