22:10, Fri 20 Nov
Friday night under the lights against a recently relegated premier league team. Their squad chock full of quality.

One of the best performances I’ve seen from Blues for years, wave after wave of attack, I think we set a record for most shots in a half?

Drew 0-0.

I’m not saying that the above doesn’t have its merits but it’s still the same end result.

I think the style is awful but I’m willing to give it a go as it’s really early days. 6 managers in 4 years, last day survivals all over the shop, the worst record in Europe since lockdown- Karanka had a huge job.

The quality is there but we aren’t seeing it yet, whether it comes is another matter but going all out attack isn’t going to guarantee anything either.

As fans yeah I know what I’d rather watch, if it’s like this in 12 months he’ll be gone and rightly so.

Give it effing time.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
22:11, Fri 20 Nov
Goo on H 👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:13, Fri 20 Nov
Not one person has said to go "all out attack" in fairness.

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

I'm not sure how any manager can watch the 90 minutes that have just unfolded and only make one substitution.

Yes, Karanka has had a tough job. Yes, we were poor last season.

But that doesn't mean by default that people have to be happy with the turgid, negative, unimaginative performances that are being served up now.

Another game where Karanka's game management is genuinely shocking.
22:16, Fri 20 Nov
Completely agree.
22:17, Fri 20 Nov
Yeah but you come away with positivity. Hope. Enthusiasm. And look forward to the next game.

With this you just think it's the same old shit again. Win lose or draw, we're not seeing improvement.

For all the draws under monk we saw a balance of defense and attack. This....is just shit.
22:18, Fri 20 Nov
Very good post 👍🏻
22:20, Fri 20 Nov
Bela's About
The quality is there but we aren’t seeing it yet.

Is it though?
22:22, Fri 20 Nov
I’d raise that and say the West Brom game a few weeks after, a side with even more quality than that Swansea team and we absolutely murdered them for large periods of the game and should’ve been home and hosed by half time.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that those performances under Monk when we couldn’t seem to win a game at the start of that season were some of the best from Blues in recent times. Ironically we probably didn’t hit those heights again in terms of performances for the rest of that season, even when we won games.

Looking back on those couple of games under Monk also dispels the myth that you automatically have to set up ultra defensively when playing a better/recently relegated team. That team we had with Monk was no better than what we have now. You can say Adams but he wasn’t even up and running at that point. We took the game right to Swansea and West Brom and should’ve easily had 6 points.

It’s not all about results, if fans can see genuine progress and that the team is really having a go and just isn’t getting the rub of the green, it’s far easier to be patient because you know results are coming. Which they did that season. What we are seeing now is just awful and it provides no hope or reason for positivity.
22:23, Fri 20 Nov
I disagree, Cotterill was just shit, Lee Clarke was just shit, Zola was just shit, Pep towards the end was just shit.

This isn't exciting, but evrey game we've played under Karanka bar the Bournemouth match. After an hour I still thought we could win this.

I've seen us roll over and get our tummys tickled by shit teams far too often in this division in the past decade. After last year I just wanted us to be competitive again.

It's not great, but it's an improvement and I believe it can and will get better.

Patience.
22:24, Fri 20 Nov
👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:32, Sat 21 Nov
Bela's About
Friday night under the lights against a recently relegated premier league team. Their squad chock full of quality.

One of the best performances I’ve seen from Blues for years, wave after wave of attack, I think we set a record for most shots in a half?

Drew 0-0.

I’m not saying that the above doesn’t have its merits but it’s still the same end result.

I think the style is awful but I’m willing to give it a go as it’s really early days. 6 managers in 4 years, last day survivals all over the shop, the worst record in Europe since lockdown- Karanka had a huge job.

The quality is there but we aren’t seeing it yet, whether it comes is another matter but going all out attack isn’t going to guarantee anything either.

As fans yeah I know what I’d rather watch, if it’s like this in 12 months he’ll be gone and rightly so.

Give it effing time.

You are comparing an enjoyable to watch performance against a good side with a mind numbingly boring game of football that we played last night against a newly promoted, much lesser side.

I ain't calling for the manager to be sacked, but in trying to defend him you are making him look worse.

😂
11:40, Sat 21 Nov
Fans want to see a good performance, it gives them hope and excitement for the next game. Who genuinely wants to sit down and waste two hours of their life watching that turgid performance week after week.
11:47, Sat 21 Nov
Under Pep we had no identity...... a style of play if you like

At least we have now..... sadly it seems we identify with Ken Barlow in terms of style of play
11:49, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Bela's About

Drew 0-0.

Give it effing time.

You are comparing an enjoyable to watch performance against a good side with a mind numbingly boring game of football that we played last night against a newly promoted, much lesser side.

I ain't calling for the manager to be sacked, but in trying to defend him you are making him look worse.

😂

I'm not defending him.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
11:58, Sat 21 Nov
"I’m not saying that the above doesn’t have its merits but it’s still the same end result."

"I think the style is awful but I’m willing to give it a go as it’s really early days."

"The quality is there but we aren’t seeing it yet, whether it comes is another matter but going all out attack isn’t going to guarantee anything either."

"Give it effing time"

----

OK then.