17:22, Sat 21 Nov
He was outstanding against Charlton away, Boro and Blackburn at home last season to name but three.
17:23, Sat 21 Nov
MForssell9
newblue
I’m not sure about that, but still struggling to think of anyone who had an excellent career at a higher level having failed to make it with us.
Andy Johnson, Wilson Palacios

I agree AJ - ludicrous swapping him. Wasn’t Palacious just a shock we hadn’t signed him? Daft by McCleish.
19:40, Sat 21 Nov
Karanka's words were along the lines of

"When Crowley was playing we were losing games, I took him out the team and we started winning"
19:47, Sat 21 Nov
FattyBumBum
He was outstanding against Charlton away, Boro and Blackburn at home last season to name but three.

You clearly have a different idea to me over what constitutes an outstanding performance.

Personally I think he has never produced anything beyond a decent game and most of the time fallen below that.

Physically weak, slow and holds up play
19:52, Sat 21 Nov
Dirty Bertie
FattyBumBum

You clearly have a different idea to me over what constitutes an outstanding performance.

Personally I think he has never produced anything beyond a decent game and most of the time fallen below that.

Physically weak, slow and hds up play

Its called a difference of opinions.
19:55, Sat 21 Nov
Crowley really is a divisive figure. He has technical ability and is quite flashy. The main problem I have is being flashy with no end product is pointless. If you are an outgoing extrovert character my guess is you will probably like Crowley. If not you probably won't.
19:58, Sat 21 Nov
I would have thought the reverse might be the case as he is so often anonymous.
20:00, Sat 21 Nov
I’m not an extrovert but I love watching him play. I’ll always enjoy players who want the ball and try and make things happen. They don’t always come off, just like with Sanchez. We will be hearing the same things about him about a lack of end product.

[twitter.com]

The pelopina at 1.16 😍
21:44, Sat 21 Nov
LH_4
I know there are people on here who don't rate his talent, think he's overrated, etc.

Do those people honestly agree that he should be behind both Riley Mcgree and Jon Toral in the pecking order at Blues?

It won't be a popular opinion, but I think it's criminal how badly we've mismanaged him.

It's mad to think that he went from statistically being one of the best players in the Eredivisie whilst playing for a mid-table club over there, got 6 goals and 12 assists in his final season, was touted as the main reason that they got to a cup final. Was quoted by himself prior to joining as having the self-belief to become one of the best No.10s in Europe.

Also found this quote interesting just prior to him joining us:

“We’ve done really well this season, but it’s been tough at times. I want to go to a team where you are playing top five, top six.

"The next team I want to go to I want it to be about attacking, when we have the ball and dominate the game.

“But I want to play in higher-paced football. I think it makes you better and that’s what I’m looking for next.”

Birmingham City: The graveyard for creative footballers. I'm inclined to think that he hasn't stopped being a very productive footballer overnight.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up in January.

Again, I know that most people won't agree, but I think this is going to be one of those transfers that ends up making us look very silly.

‘Was quoted by himself’ so if I quote myself, do I get to play as well?
22:19, Sat 21 Nov
I meant he was quoted as saying that before he joined. I've just written it like a dope.

Was added into my post to reflect his confidence and self-belief prior to him joining.
22:37, Sat 21 Nov
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum
If you watch the below I feel he could really play the 8 role really well. A little bit deeper in a 3 man midfield with 3 options in front.

No double pivot, just either Sunjic or MSJ sitting with Crowley and Clayton in front and then Bela/Leko Juke and Sanchez up front.

He is the sort of player I love to watch. Low centre of gravity, keeps the ball well. Always looking to have the ball.

Pound land Iniesta

You're confusing someone who is good with a football with a good footballer.

He’s a good footballer.

No... he's "good with a football"

A "good footballer" has an end product that impacts a game.

One is not the other.

Robbie Savage is/was a better footballer than Crowley.

What was the winger at Villa whose brother was a no-mark football juggler? Walters. It's that.
22:40, Sat 21 Nov
Rosalita
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum
If you watch the below I feel he could really play the 8 role really well. A little bit deeper in a 3 man midfield with 3 options in front.

No double pivot, just either Sunjic or MSJ sitting with Crowley and Clayton in front and then Bela/Leko Juke and Sanchez up front.

He is the sort of player I love to watch. Low centre of gravity, keeps the ball well. Always looking to have the ball.

Pound land Iniesta

He’s a good footballer.

One is not the other.

What was the winger at Villa whose brother was a no-mark football juggler? Walters. It's that.

But he does have an end product, his time in Holland has proved and to be honest I saw it enough here. It’s not his fault a lot of the players weren’t on his wavelength.

You can see his game perfectly in that link. Perfect in the build. Completed passes to other team mates. Not his fault if it didn’t come off, he did his job.

Do you see enough of a end product in Sanchez btw?
22:51, Sat 21 Nov
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum

Pound land Iniesta

He’s a good footballer.

One is not the other.

But he does have an end product, his time in Holland has proved and to be honest I saw it enough here. It’s not his fault a lot of the players weren’t on his wavelength.

You can see his game perfectly in that link. Perfect in the build. Completed passes to other team mates. Not his fault if it didn’t come off, he did his job.

That's probably the daftest defence of a player I have heard.

A good player plays on the same wavelength as his team mates.

To absolve one player of responsibility for things not coming off because the others aren't tuned into him!

Really?
22:53, Sat 21 Nov
Dirty Bertie
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum

Pound land Iniesta

He’s a good footballer.

One is not the other.

To absolve one player of responsibility for things not coming off because the others aren't tuned into him!

Really?

Yes, it happens a lot and actually seen many times down the blues.
23:08, Sat 21 Nov
FattyBumBum
Dirty Bertie
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum
Rosalita
FattyBumBum

Pound land Iniesta

He’s a good footballer.

One is not the other.

Really?

Yes, it happens a lot and actually seen many times down the blues.

Just to be clear then.

It's everyone else that is to blame for a lack of end product from Crowley?

Unbelievable Jeff!