16:19, Sat 21 Nov
God
God
Reece Brown is the biggest example of not being as good as people thought he was.

Spot on.

A certain amount of people called Lee Clark and Rowett after him every name under the sun for not playing him regularly.

He had some talent, but looked very lightweight (I said as much at the time) and subsequently it turned out his attitude was abysmal as well.
16:23, Sat 21 Nov
It wasn’t because of Reece Brown that Lee Clark got called names
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:25, Sat 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
It wasn’t because of Reece Brown that Lee Clark got called names

I know that wasn't the main reason.

It was because somebody needed to be beaten with the metaphorical stick for the malaise the club had fallen into. Our owners were totally absent so he was scapegoated.

But on Brown, the way some people raved about him at the time was mental.
16:27, Sat 21 Nov
The stick Clark got was deserved, and nothing to do with the owners. Unbelievable how patient we were with him tbf.
And to put things into perspective with Brown, at the time people like Olly Lee was playing, and when he played Brown looked better
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:33, Sat 21 Nov
one could argue us not playing Brown was the reason his career stagnated, rather than the other way around
16:35, Sat 21 Nov
Comparing Crowley with Reece Brown 😐

He’s more Tresor Luntala than Dan Crowley
16:50, Sat 21 Nov
Bagel
one could argue us not playing Brown was the reason his career stagnated, rather than the other way around

One could argue that. But one would be wrong.
16:53, Sat 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
The stick Clark got was deserved, and nothing to do with the owners. Unbelievable how patient we were with him tbf.
And to put things into perspective with Brown, at the time people like Olly Lee was playing, and when he played Brown looked better

Olly Lee is playing regularly for a far bigger club than Reece Brown's current parent or current loanee club. Olly Lee really was no worse than than most of the players we had at the time, and in fact was probably better than a few of them.

On Clark generally...history has judged him a lot kinder than the present did.
17:04, Sat 21 Nov
I’m not sure about that, but still struggling to think of anyone who had an excellent career at a higher level having failed to make it with us.
17:12, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Rab C Nesbitt

Olly Lee is playing regularly for a far bigger club than Reece Brown's current parent or current loanee club.
Sunderland are a bigger club than Southampton but would finish below them.
Same as Hearts would finish below Peterborough if they were in the same league
17:13, Sat 21 Nov
Carlsblues
We have a negative manager no player with any nouse of skill will get a look in

Bela and Sanchez must be workhorses then
17:15, Sat 21 Nov
He’s played 40+ games and I’m struggling to think of one he’s been outstanding in.

Lots of tricks, nice movement, but no end result and goes missing for long periods. Karanka loves a number 10, Crowley was the only one at the club when he came in and signed two more. Tells you all you need to know
17:17, Sat 21 Nov
newblue
I’m not sure about that, but still struggling to think of anyone who had an excellent career at a higher level having failed to make it with us.
Andy Johnson, Wilson Palacios
17:17, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Rab C Nesbitt

Olly Lee is playing regularly for a far bigger club than Reece Brown's current parent or current loanee club. Olly Lee really was no worse than than most of the players we had at the time, and in fact was probably better than a few of them.

On Clark generally...history has judged him a lot kinder than the present did.

Clarks last involvement in football management was getting sacked by a part time non league team. History will judge him as the most incompetent manager in our history
17:21, Sat 21 Nov
Zola and Cotterill were more incompetent imo.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.