21:13, Fri 27 Nov
Zola took a mid-table Championship team and won two games in 23 as we plunged to the bottom of the league.

Cotterill won six games out of twenty-four, took over when we were in the Championship drop zone and left us in the Championship drop zone.

A blind man can see whose record out of those two is worse.
21:33, Fri 27 Nov
newblue
GBlue
He Clearly did not rate Adams.

I have supported Blues since Cullis was manager.

In my view the worst manager in my time (and that's saying something)

I go back to Gil Merrick. Don’t know about Joe Mallet but I agree, by the proverbial country mile. He was an embarrassment.
I don't think he was even the worst in the past five years. Zola takes that title.

Not a chance, Zola just didn't have the courage to follow through on his convictions, shit manager, nice bloke.
Cotterill was like a joke, some kind of Mike Bassett character with a screw loose.
Some of the stuff he came out with while in charge of us was baffling, borderline surreal in fact.
A nightmare time for us and easily and far and away the worst manager and biggest bellend I've ever seen at Blues.
21:36, Fri 27 Nov
Doug Stamper
Zola took a mid-table Championship team and won two games in 23 as we plunged to the bottom of the league.

Cotterill won six games out of twenty-four, took over when we were in the Championship drop zone and left us in the Championship drop zone.

A blind man can see whose record out of those two is worse.

Yeah agree with this. While I like Zola a hell of a lot more than Cotterill he was by far the worst manager of the two.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:06, Fri 27 Nov
No chance
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
22:09, Fri 27 Nov
The stats back us up.
22:12, Fri 27 Nov
Depends on your definition of worst, doesn’t it. It was sh*t with Zola as manager, it was sh*tter with Cotterill as manager. The few extra games won under him made no difference to our position but his position at the helm of our club was massively more depressing.
22:13, Fri 27 Nov
Bela's About
No chance

Zola got 14 points from 24 games
Cotterill got 26 from 27 games

Both woeful, but one clearly better than the other.
22:17, Fri 27 Nov
A while back you were arguing it was a triumph for the Shrews appointing him, and if only we’d have managed it properly he’d have triumphed with us. Now you’re arguing he was better than the second worst manager to have managed us because he won a few more points. So slightly less sh*tty than the other sh*t.

I’m yet to be convinced but I look forward to the power point presentation confirming this.
22:23, Fri 27 Nov
newblue
Depends on your definition of worst, doesn’t it. It was sh*t with Zola as manager, it was sh*tter with Cotterill as manager. The few extra games won under him made no difference to our position but his position at the helm of our club was massively more depressing.

If Cotterill had a similar points tally to Zola we’d have been relegated that season long before Monk got the job.
22:32, Fri 27 Nov
I know but that’s if, isn’t it. On results, in the last 60 years that i’ve Been following Blues, Zola was worst. On the representation of our club, how we saw ourselves, what our leader was like, Cotterill is the worst. So Dougie/Natty argues that Zola is worse, when earlier he was saying what a decent manager he will be/could have been. Like most, almost every, Blues fans I thought he was awful. It seems perverse to suggest otherwise, but there you go, some folk are like that,
22:49, Fri 27 Nov
DES
DES
montypenguin
I'm just amazed he can still get a job. There must have been better candidates out there for the shrews

He's a bit like Steve McClaren, one blast of success seems to hide his many other failures.

Mclarens success came as coach to Fergie and to lesser extent to Sven, apart from that, he is total flop in Brit soccer, its really been the public pronouncements that have made him laughing stock
Telling the world publically that Becks was finished as an England player, and in front of him was..are you sitting down? Cos this is unbelievable
Shaun wright phillips, Aaron Lennon, David Bentley, think he mentioned Mike Helliwell in the list!
Wally in the Brolly night, he could never recover from that, it made him look so stupid,
The Dutch speak interview!

KRO

Agree with this DES. McClaren has done NOTHING in British football.
22:52, Fri 27 Nov
Le Mod
Back in Football Management

[www.shrewsburytown.com]

He fell flat on his face here, and was arrogant enough to claim that no-one else could do better with the squad he had.

But I'd wish him all the best if he gave a monkey's, water under the bridge and all that. As mentioned, he's got a proven track record at that level.
23:03, Fri 27 Nov
newblue
So Dougie argues that Zola is worse, when earlier he was saying what a decent manager he will be/could have been.

When did I say that about Zola?
23:40, Fri 27 Nov
That story was my favourite Cotterill-era post. Thank you for dredging it back up in full.
00:11, Sat 28 Nov
Great story can’t be true though can it?