20:37, Sat 28 Nov
Didn't know you were a vet

According to some they were donkeys, so maybe?
@Bluewurst1875
20:37, Sat 28 Nov
Didn't know you were a vet

Well I've heard he's had a cockatoo.
09:57, Sun 29 Nov
Read an interview with Frank Clark in The Athletic yesterday, who was briefly Forest Chairman when Cotterill was firefighting after they'd sacked McClaren. He seemed complimentary about Cotts tbf.

I think Cotts' spell at Blues really doesn't paint the full picture of the man or the manager.
10:05, Sun 29 Nov
Or maybe Clark’s view of him doesn’t.
The general view of him from people is that he’s a dick
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:09, Sun 29 Nov
Doug Stamper
Read an interview with Frank Clark in The Athletic yesterday, who was briefly Forest Chairman when Cotterill was firefighting after they'd sacked McClaren. He seemed complimentary about Cotts tbf.

I think Cotts' spell at Blues really doesn't paint the full picture of the man or the manager.

Doug.
At Blues he took over a team in the relegation zone and 6 months later was still there with adams, juke, Gallagher , jota, maghoma. Etc.

At forest he was near the bottom when he took over and stayed there when he left .

He’s not a championship standard manager . Like many others have said He’ll do a good job at Shrewsbury as that’s his level.
10:12, Sun 29 Nov
My Blue Heaven
Zola seems to get a pass because he was a nice guy and wanted to play nice football
He had money spent on players and bat a few early games where we played well the results he got us where far worse than Cotterill who is just a detestable bloke

Both really bad for us, but on the stats Zola was worse

Somebody put up a podcast link yesterday of Caddis talking about his time at blues. He said Zola did absolutely nothing, didn’t even do the team talks. Was an absolute shambles of an appointment
10:14, Sun 29 Nov
thought this was going to be a thread on how after a similar amount of games hes won more points for us than Karanka has

there's a few similarities between them tbf
10:17, Sun 29 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Or maybe Clark’s view of him doesn’t.
The general view of him from people is that he’s a dick

I think the general view of Blues fans is that he is a dick. I don't think that is the general view of people he's been around at other clubs he has worked at though.
10:19, Sun 29 Nov
Dolph
Doug Stamper

Doug.
At Blues he took over a team in the relegation zone and 6 months later was still there with adams, juke, Gallagher , jota, maghoma. Etc.

At forest he was near the bottom when he took over and stayed there when he left .

I was at Uni at Notts Trent when he was their manager. They were an absolute shit show, on and off the park after McClaren left and Nigel Doughty stepped away (shortly before he sadly passed away). Frank Clark himself said that they were near the point of going into administration. Cotterill did very well keeping them up that season.

You need to contextualise any assessment you do of anybody's performance in a job. It's naive to do otherwise.
10:20, Sun 29 Nov
NouCamp
thought this was going to be a thread on how after a similar amount of games hes won more points for us than Karanka has

there's a few similarities between them tbf
Actually you might be right about one thing.
Definitely Karanka isn’t a loving, friendly, best mates with the players type. Loads of managers haven’t been though. They just expect what they demand or you’re out. Alex Ferguson one of them.
Cotterill was just aggressive though if questioned by anyone it seemed. I don’t get that vibe off Karanka
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:22, Sun 29 Nov
Have seen plenty of little clips of Cotterills press conferences here floating around Twitter and it’s easy to forget just how downright nasty he was. Clark had a few bizarre ones like the Yeovil no comment one but at least they weren’t malicious and you could tell he had respect for those asking the questions.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:37, Sun 29 Nov
Think that was it with Cotterill, you've nailed it there. It wasn't just that he was a shit manager (Feck we've had plenty of them and have another now, according to plenty on here) I think it was his oft unwarranted aggression, towards anyone who dared question him that rankled with me. He was a horrible tosser while with us.
10:38, Sun 29 Nov
Karanka fell out with folks at Boro and Forest, it's early days yet fior us
10:39, Sun 29 Nov
Scoobers
Karanka fell out with folks at Boro and Forest, it's early days yet fior us

It's also risky to judge somebody's character generally on how they are appear in front of a camera after a match.
10:40, Sun 29 Nov
Yes it might happen again - it was said (a lot) when he joined us that he and Dong was a potentially explosive mixture, so far there is a big sloppy love in between them, if that lasts is anyones guess though.