10:27, Sun 29 Nov
Either way it will all be short lived. When these YouTubers start to fight actual professional boxers an get themselves hurt it will soon die off and I’m sure these so called new fans will not be tuning in after that.
10:32, Sun 29 Nov
The majority will leave, but the whole idea behind all of this was to try and capture some new fans which I'm sure will have been achieved.

Not sure why so many people get so agitated by it. Ask the pros and I'm sure the majority will be glad its put a focus on the sport and should be taking their opportunity to gain some new fans that they otherwise would have no chance of obtaining.
10:33, Sun 29 Nov
Everbluesince92
The fact that two celebrities made more money off one fight and pulled a bigger audience than professionals who have dedicated years to the sport?

That shows the average person does not care about boxing.

Those 2 YouTube chunts have massive fan bases, mostly comprised of young kids who would beg mum and dad for them to buy the PPV for them.

Logan Paul himself has 22 million YouTube subscribers and averages between 5-10 million views on every video he uploads. KSI has similar stats, both have more Twitter followers than AJ & Fury combined.

The only thing killing boxing is the corruption that’s still rife in it.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:36, Sun 29 Nov
Precisely why its been done. 1% of fans stick around and thats close to 4 million new boxing fans.
10:46, Sun 29 Nov
It’s all well and good these new fans being around but what good does that platform do for up and coming boxers that train all their life to get to a stage these YouTubers got last night? Surely would it not make more sense to put up and coming boxers on these cards to boost their platform. And the standard they are at is dreadful, the one lad yesterday called out Conor McGregor🤯
10:51, Sun 29 Nov
Tiltonblue
It’s all well and good these new fans being around but what good does that platform do for up and coming boxers that train all their life to get to a stage these YouTubers got last night? Surely would it not make more sense to put up and coming boxers on these cards to boost their platform. And the standard they are at is dreadful, the one lad yesterday called out Conor McGregor🤯

Up and coming boxers get that stage all the time. There were plenty on the undercard of Dubois/Joyce, but nobody gives a toss about them.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:52, Sun 29 Nov
No because the young and upcoming boxers aren't a draw.

If I was a boxer I'd be starting a YouTube channel and making videos like. analysing the ksi fight, why such and such youtuber will win, sparring with Jake Paul etc.
10:54, Sun 29 Nov
Super Hans
Tiltonblue

Up and coming boxers get that stage all the time. There were plenty on the undercard of Dubois/Joyce, but nobody gives a toss about them.

This is exactly my point! If all these so called boxing fans from YouTube are now interested then put up an comers on their card to boost their platform.
10:56, Sun 29 Nov
Everbluesince92
No because the young and upcoming boxers aren't a draw.

If I was a boxer I'd be starting a YouTube channel and making videos like. analysing the ksi fight, why such and such youtuber will win, sparring with Jake Paul etc.

So boxers that maybe national level champions, Olympic champions etc now need to make a YouTube channel to compete with people who have never stepped in a ring in their life? And your saying that’s not making a mockery of the sport?
11:01, Sun 29 Nov
Well what's the better option. Do nothing and see your spots on cards taken by youtubers and go a whole career without picking up a good pay day, or join the band wagon and make a name for yourself on that platform to earn more money each time you fight.

As I said originally dying sport.
11:08, Sun 29 Nov
Also its no more a mockery than some of the weigh ins/fight promos they do anyway.
11:08, Sun 29 Nov
If I’m honest mate these comments just confirm even more that it’s a mockery. So now to become a well known boxer you need to have a growing YouTube page instead of by merit. If anything this is killing the sport even more not helping it. If I’m a young up and coming boxer that’s won national titles but very introverted I’d just quit now if this is what needs to be done.
11:16, Sun 29 Nov
I know it is. Which is why I said it was a dying sport. It was dying before this gimmick which is why it was done. This will probably extend the sports life, but ultimately its on life support.

You were the one who was insisting its not a dying sport now you're saying its a mockery.
11:16, Sun 29 Nov
@TheAthleticUK understands that Daniel Dubois suffered a broken orbital socket and nerve damage to his left eye during last night’s fight against Joe Joyce. The fight ended in the 10th round after Dubois took a knee and failed to beat the count
11:27, Sun 29 Nov
We can go backwards and forwards all day on this but I just don’t agree on it. I boxed from 11 until my mid twenties and have family members from cousins to my grandad that have boxed so as you can tell it’s something I love😂 it’s just a shame as I still see lads now that are 17 that would school both of them YouTubers last night yet won’t bother going pro.